Who is going to win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Falkirk
    • ICT
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/18 at 10:08

Not long until the season begins. Personally be glad to be as far away from friendlies and the League Cup group stages.

How are we feeling with regards to the season coming? I can't help but feel this will be a game that doesn't really tell either set of fans anything, given the changes that both teams have been through over the last year.

Still, 3 points to play for, along with the right to rip the piss out the other team till the return game.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will miss the friendlies and the Group stage matches. I think that this game will show both sets of fans lots about their teams. Suspect that Falkirk will have the piss taken out of them after most games this season. I hate season openers but I hate to be away, especially at grounds with no nearby hostelries. Easy opening month though.

5 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I will miss the friendlies and the Group stage matches. I think that this game will show both sets of fans lots about their teams. Suspect that Falkirk will have the piss taken out of them after most games this season. I hate season openers but I hate to be away, especially at grounds with no nearby hostelries. Easy opening month though.

I think we will be fine when we come good. Given the change in players (12 new signings the last i looked), the multiple formations, there a fair bit to be optimistic about.

We had two goals chalked off and a couple of rattles off the woodwork in a 1-0 loss to Montrose and battled back after a poor first half to win against Forfar.  We will likely get beat by St Johnstone, which will probably be the high point of their season. But in the whole, theres a good blend of pace and muscle if Hartley settles on a formation. Just need to worry about up front, but time will tell on that front I guess.

I would take us shit-festing our way to a 1 0 win. At the moment, a lot of supporters are very dubious about Hartley and the quality of his signings. For me, it’s way to early to tell however results build confidence and good feeling and a home win is the perfect way to start the new season.

COYB.

21 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Remind me.

Watkins shot, MacDonald parried and Vincent slotted him.  Then the final whistle went and a super fun happy time was had by all.  Apart from the Falkirk fans of course who sat in their seats fizzing that us smiling, happy Invernesians weren't celebrating hard enough.

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Watkins shot, MacDonald parried and Vincent slotted him.  Then the final whistle went and a super fun happy time was had by all.  Apart from the Falkirk fans of course who sat in their seats fizzing that us smiling, happy Invernesians weren't celebrating hard enough.

And then Yogi ran away before he got found out and you lot got relegated. Fun times had by everyone. 

Yogi went very sour the following season.  He complained and complained and complained about the budget...despite blowing the money he was given (at that time, the biggest budget ever given to a Caley Thistle manager) on some absolute duds.  Liam Hughes and Dani Lopez in-particular were easily two of the top five worst players I've ever seen play for us. 

It wasn't that in itself that killed it for us, when Hughes went and had we appointed someone half decent, we could well have regenerated and could well still be in the Premiership today.  Appointing Foran though was easily the worst decision ever made by this club.  One of which we may never recover from.

Not long until the season begins. Personally be glad to be as far away from friendlies and the League Cup group stages.

How are we feeling with regards to the season coming? I can't help but feel this will be a game that doesn't really tell either set of fans anything, given the changes that both teams have been through over the last year.

Still, 3 points to play for, along with the right to rip the piss out the other team till the return game.

We will more than likely only have one or two new signings in our starting 11.

We are probably the most settled squad in the division so we know pretty well what we are getting.

Pretty confident we can carry on the form from the end of last season.

Everyone being fully match fit should be the only worry we have and I don’t see why that should be an issue.

Feel like we should win this but it’s difficult to call as nobody really knows much about the Falkirk players and if they will have gelled by the time the game starts or if they are any good.

21 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Yogi went very sour the following season.  He complained and complained and complained about the budget...despite blowing the money he was given (at that time, the biggest budget ever given to a Caley Thistle manager) on some absolute duds.  Liam Hughes and Dani Lopez in-particular were easily two of the top five worst players I've ever seen play for us. 

It wasn't that in itself that killed it for us, when Hughes went and had we appointed someone half decent, we could well have regenerated and could well still be in the Premiership today.  Appointing Foran though was easily the worst decision ever made by this club.  One of which we may never recover from.

Sounds disturbingly familiar..

Please bear in mind though, if he hadn't fucked a giant hole in your finance and left you with duds, the new guy might have had a fighting chance. It's like looking at history repeating itself.

To be fair, I think the long term plan always was for Foran to take over (he was even discussed when Butcher left apparently).  Tactically, he was absolutely clueless and *allegedly* refused to scout opposition teams or take any advice from his staff.  He also froze out Alex Fisher who was our best striker at that time.

One story I did hear (which was probably true), was that towards the end of the season we had an away tie at Kilmarnock.  Kilmarnock, had a way of doing set-pieces, so Brian Rice and Scott Kellacher came up with a routine to counteract this, using the U20 squad to play the way Killie do.  From the outside looking in, this is a good idea.  Foran wasn't having it though and scrapped the whole thing for no reason.  We lost the game 2-1.

In the end, a horrible horrible decision.

Sounds disturbingly familiar..

Please bear in mind though, if he hadn't fucked a giant hole in your finance and left you with duds, the new guy might have had a fighting chance. It's like looking at history repeating itself.

No doubt that Yogi did f**k us. Signing the likes of Raven, Warren and Tremarco etc on ludicrous wages for 3 years and bought 20 centre mids who couldn’t play in the Highland League but Foran would have got us relegated with our 2015 side he was that out of his depth.

34 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No doubt that Yogi did f**k us. Signing the likes of Raven, Warren and Tremarco etc on ludicrous wages for 3 years and bought 20 centre mids who couldn’t play in the Highland League but Foran would have got us relegated with our 2015 side he was that out of his depth.

Also true. 

What always bugs me is the thought that if Yogi hadn't spunked all the money we had and left us with dross, would we A, Have had better players and B, been able to attract a better coach to replace him. We basically gave it to Eddie May because nobody wanted a job with no budget.

Also true. 

What always bugs me is the thought that if Yogi hadn't spunked all the money we had and left us with dross, would we A, Have had better players and B, been able to attract a better coach to replace him. We basically gave it to Eddie May because nobody wanted a job with no budget.

Think you can take A off the table. I think he is a great coach but wouldn’t trust him to pick me out something decent for dinner.

He did exactly the same to us pretty much.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Nah, I buggered off when the final whistle went - was in the pub by the time whichever no mark was your captain lifted the trophy. Had a great time going in all the pubs from Hampden up to Bridge St orange.

I guess by the end of the season the answer will be neither, 'cause we will both still be in this damn league. Still, should be entertaining either way. Just maybe not the right kind if entertaining. 

Archived