Who is going to win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Falkirk
    • ICT
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/18 at 10:08

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Apologies on the red dot, wasn't meant as I gave green dot for first paragraph and tried to remove with 2nd paragraph

Muirhead can only do what he can at right back what he can, we all know that but Paton a lot of the time passed the buck to Muirhead to be creative by passing it to him even when it was his turn to be the creative one, anyone who has watched Muirhead at right back its a percentage game.

I'd have rather seen Muirhead at centre half, Dallison has the Stuart Burgess about him, looks and talk but walk a bit of a struggle.

A manager usually signs 6 or so between seasons, we aren't far from 3 times that, usually a couple or more are donkeys and hopefully that isn't the case.

I've seen nothing from Petra cup/friendlies to say he isn't a donkey, Borough comes into that category. I hope the pair come good but when you question if Petra is worse than Shepherd, then you worry a bit.

Paton isn't a Scott McKenzie and he is on the donkey maybe for me for now, TOE isn't man enough, Sammut similar and to come away thinking Irving was your best midfielder at 18yr old gives a panic.

The bigger picture as said at half time, we have cogs in place that are working, it's making those cogs move at the same time,but we are by far a cog or two out to even look like we are even play off challengers

Ah but who is a Scott Mckenzie. A beautiful destructive force that did the donkey work with  cynicism and skill. A man so talented he smashed the ball off his own post in a Scottish Cup semi final for a laugh then smashed it off the oppositions post just to prove it wasn't a fluke. I miss Scott Mckenzie. 

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A straight 4 4 2 with a proper winger on the left stretches the game wide giving more opportunities for space on Petras side too, the second striker occupies both centre halfs and stretches the game long as more sticks if Haber has someone to knock down to.

I'll eat my socks if Petra's comes good as our wide right

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well Inverness were the form team at the end of last season and I think they are widely expected to be significantly better than us by a lot of folk. To restrict them to hardly any decent chances and concede a fairly unfortunate if a little sloppy goal doesnt really strike me as a defensive catastrophe.

They werent great but I am simply not seeing it.

Inverness lost their best player who made them tick against us and quite a few others who either did it in flashes against us or journeymen(c/o Peter Houston)

A team that were either organised or decent would've took a point and seen it as 2pts dropped whereas only praise I can give is 1 pt lost, facts say 3 tho

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

We got very lucky today. Despite a good start we regressed more and more as the game wore on. Falkirk really came to dominate things as the match wore on but more often than not they ran out of ideas as they got closer to our goal. Walsh set up the opener with a ball across the box sent in from the left and Oakley found a bit of space to divert the ball back across goal and into the net. We should have killed the game off when Austin found himself with a free run on goal after a defensive mix up but he never looked like he would score and he was smothered by the onrushing Falkirk keeper. 

Falkirk thought they pulled level when a high free kick was headed beyond Ridgers but after a loooong delay, and with the players about to take the kick off, it was suddenly pulled back. I've no idea why the Falkirk goal was chopped off but I'm guessing it was a foul on one of Rooney, Donaldson or Mckay as they all ended up in a heap when the ball was floated in. The referee hadn't given anything but it seemed the linesman was the one who saw something wrong.

Following on from that we resorted to brutal route one football with aimless hoofs up the park for Oakley and later White to try and chase. The one occasion we did get the ball down and pass it around we looked good. Chalmers, Welsh and Trafford quickly played the ball around 3 or 4 home players who were left chasing shadows so it was disappointing that we seemed to lack the composure to do this more often though perhaps that was more to Falkirk closing us down a lot better in the second half than the first.

Falkirk look exactly what we were like this time last season, a team clearly lacking cohesion due to so many new faces so we definitely got them at a good time. Whilst it's a very encouraging result I think we need to be cautious given how poor we were in the second half.

Greenied for posting actual sensible football related stuff. 

Will never catch on like, but cheers anyway.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Greenied for posting actual sensible football related stuff. 

Will never catch on like, but cheers anyway.

:lol::lol: From a poster who spends most of his time discussing what players looks like. Class.:lol::lol:

My tuppence worth. Our players were easily the measure of ICT, but as was feared, as a team, we simply aren’t ready. There might be a few weeks pain before it comes together.

The lack of goals in the team would normally mean problems in the front line, but in our case, it’s still the midfield that’s really off the pace. Not good enough at supporting the front two, and not good enough at providing cover for the defence. 

Defence should be ok, but McGhee ball watching for their goal. Way too often the nerves seemed to get the better of the defenders, and as soon as they got the ball, way too often it was just hoofed anywhere. Upfront, Lewis and Haber we’re far too far apart to form any sort of meaningful partnership. For now, we are way too slow and cumbersome at moving the ball through the team from back to front. That ICT defence was there for the taking, but we allowed them to settle their midfield in front of their defence, and that was pretty much that.

Still way too early to judge players, but in terms of performance, we could all see that was nowhere near good enough today.

6 hours ago, Life Support Machine said:

I called it right on both accounts

Correct scoreline and I heard numerous shouts of bairins with an extra i and not bairns

We are lucky up north that we speak so clear English and that the schooling standard is very high compared to the more poverished parts of the country

As for the game I think we will be a mid table side on that showing with Falkirk below us again

Schooling standard is so high that they don't teach how to use full stops and as has already been alluded to, poverished doesn't mean what you think it does. 

Other than that, great post. 

Guest Back Post Misses

When your two best players are the two who were brought in at the 11th hour for me it shows what a crock of shit that English scout has brought up.

A back 4 of CH was sent out simply to ensure we didn't get beat and we did. Anyone thinking that was anywhere good enough is living in lala land.

If this comes together, and it is if, the horse will have bolted.

From January onwards last season we we matched Livi point for point and only 2 points worse off than St Mirren.

We deployed a 3-5-2 formation in those games.

We have almost all the players that could play that system which can interchange as the game progresses if need be.

I don’t think we will see that back 4 much at all this season. Had Brough been fit, he’s have been at LB and McGhee (our best CH last season) at RB. I’m sure Harrison would have dropped out for Muirhead at CH.

11 hours ago, Life Support Machine said:

I called it right on both accounts

Correct scoreline and I heard numerous shouts of bairins with an extra i and not bairns

We are lucky up north that we speak so clear English and that the schooling standard is very high compared to the more poverished parts of the country

As for the game I think we will be a mid table side on that showing with Falkirk below us again

The word you are looking for is impoverished. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

When your two best players are the two who were brought in at the 11th hour for me it shows what a crock of shit that English scout has brought up.

A back 4 of CH was sent out simply to ensure we didn't get beat and we did. Anyone thinking that was anywhere good enough is living in lala land.

If this comes together, and it is if, the horse will have bolted.

I'm curious as to how often Hartley saw any of these guys play before we signed them, if at all. 

Guest Back Post Misses
From January onwards last season we we matched Livi point for point and only 2 points worse off than St Mirren.

We deployed a 3-5-2 formation in those games.

We have almost all the players that could play that system which can interchange as the game progresses if need be.

I don’t think we will see that back 4 much at all this season. Had Brough been fit, he’s have been at LB and McGhee (our best CH last season) at RB. I’m sure Harrison would have dropped out for Muirhead at CH.

So make 3 changes to cover for an injury when you have a LB on the bench who in most peoples eyes is better than Brough is just baffling. I get ICT are big and physical unit but we have team of big units so one smaller is not going to kill us.

So make 3 changes to cover for an injury when you have a LB on the bench who in most peoples eyes is better than Brough is just baffling. I get ICT are big and physical unit but we have team of big units so one smaller is not going to kill us.

I’m looking at it as how Hartley May have been thinking.

I like Robson. He’s a tenacious wee player and for me should have started yesterday.

Archived