Who is going to win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Falkirk
    • ICT
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/18 at 10:08

Just now, EdiBairn said:

Inverness were very poor in all honesty and should've been beatable. Unfortunately we were even worse. Haber was far too isolated upfront, and it's beyond me  why it took until 70 minutes for this to be addressed. 

You've also got to ask questions of the team selection. To have signed 15 players but still be playing with two centre backs at full back is verging on criminal. We've known for 4 seasons that Aaron Muirhead isn't a right back and why was Robson given a contract extension to sit on the bench?

I'm not one for gloating or ripping the piss, I'd have been happy with a draw today so delighted with the win. Nothing against Falkirk at all - the fact that the only person from there I've ever met was a fit lassie I used to work with definitely helps - but last season and where I reckon this season is probably going to go is well below where they should be at, from an outsider's point of view. Something definitely needing fixed for them somewhere.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really should’ve taken something from that today. Second half was a lot better but we were still poor in the final third.

No idea what the goal was disallowed for. Really didn’t look like there was anything in it at all. Apart from that and a couple of poor headers from Haber and McGhee that was all we created.

Irving had a much better second half he’s got some quality on the ball and his deliveries were far better. Looked like TOE was pretty much playing up top closer to Haber second half and thought it was the wrong decision to take him off. All the wingers and full-backs were grim. Jordan McGhee looked like he forgot how to play football and Muirhead was absolutely rotten just let Walsh breeze by him and cross the ball in time after time. I get there’s going to be a lot of people not liking him but thought Paton had a solid game in midfield. He’s got a tendency to try and overdo it sometimes but was impressed with him. Haber wasn’t quite effective as he was in the first half but he looks like he’s going to dominate defences in this league we just need to learn how to play off him.

Meh. Poor, but on the plus side Haber will get fitter and do damage. Liked him a lot. Think him and Mackin might be the way to go and get the air raid sirens on.

Concerning areas were full backs and wingers. Petravicious was woeful. So was McGhee. Thought Lewis was shit too. 

Need to get something next weekend for confidence sake, esp as Partick were by all accounts w**k today. Cheeky 1-0 would be golden .  Doesn't look like there's any easy teams in this league. Gulp. 

21 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Only positives were haber and irving who we only signed in the last week.

I can’t deal with another season of Muirhead at right back, whoever called him shite to his face I thank you.

Apologies on the red dot, wasn't meant as I gave green dot for first paragraph and tried to remove with 2nd paragraph

Muirhead can only do what he can at right back what he can, we all know that but Paton a lot of the time passed the buck to Muirhead to be creative by passing it to him even when it was his turn to be the creative one, anyone who has watched Muirhead at right back its a percentage game.

I'd have rather seen Muirhead at centre half, Dallison has the Stuart Burgess about him, looks and talk but walk a bit of a struggle.

A manager usually signs 6 or so between seasons, we aren't far from 3 times that, usually a couple or more are donkeys and hopefully that isn't the case.

I've seen nothing from Petra cup/friendlies to say he isn't a donkey, Borough comes into that category. I hope the pair come good but when you question if Petra is worse than Shepherd, then you worry a bit.

Paton isn't a Scott McKenzie and he is on the donkey maybe for me for now, TOE isn't man enough, Sammut similar and to come away thinking Irving was your best midfielder at 18yr old gives a panic.

The bigger picture as said at half time, we have cogs in place that are working, it's making those cogs move at the same time,but we are by far a cog or two out to even look like we are even play off challengers

The one time we were more physical than ICT, they moan to the ref and our goal gets chopped off. Took an age for him to do it that it even flashed up on the mobile as a goal notification. Done by the Diddy of the highest order. I think had it have stood we would have won.

That was an awful game of football.  Both teams were piss poor and the shot count just about sums it up.

The good stuff...

• Forgetting his corner kicks, Irving was our best man on the park - minus a few early misplaced passes he was direct, skilful, fearless and looks like he will be a definite starter
  • Haber pretty much won everything that came his way and looked like he could easily shift up a gear if he's partnered up correctly
  • TOE showed some good energy but was always a yard off the ball

The bad stuff...

• The tactics.  Playing only Haber up-top nullified any threat he had as he had no-one to flick it or knock it on to.  Is bringing Nelson back to play alongside Haber in a 4-4-2 too much to hope for?
  • On what I've seen, Lewis is never a winger and not quick enough to be effective there.
  • The back 4 is a shambles.  Shoe-horning centre-backs into the full-back positions is just unacceptable considering Hartley has seen the limitations of McGhee and Muirhead there for the past 6 months whilst we have a solid left-back in Robson stuck on the bench and despite bringing in 15 new signings a right-back has been completely neglected.  The back 4 lacked any composure and organisation.  Harrison looks like a bombscare but early days...
  • Paton is way too slow to cover even the defensive portion of the midfield, he was caught out of position 3/4 times today and left a gaping hole.
  • Corner kicks, barring 1, were awful.  Either struggled to clear the first man or went a mile beyond the box, no middle-ground. 

Onwards and upwards.  Hopefully.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Muirhead can only do what he can at right back what he can, we all know that but Paton a lot of the time passed the buck to Muirhead to be creative by passing it to him even when it was his turn to be the creative one, anyone who has watched Muirhead at right back its a percentage game.

I'd have rather seen Muirhead at centre half, Dallison has the Stuart Burgess about him, looks and talk but walk a bit of a struggle.

No enough Muirhead mentions there!

56 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

That was an awful game of football.  Both teams were piss poor and the shot count just about sums it up.

The good stuff...

• Forgetting his corner kicks, Irving was our best man on the park - minus a few early misplaced passes he was direct, skilful, fearless and looks like he will be a definite starter
  • Haber pretty much won everything that came his way and looked like he could easily shift up a gear if he's partnered up correctly
  • TOE showed some good energy but was always a yard off the ball

The bad stuff...

• The tactics.  Playing only Haber up-top nullified any threat he had as he had no-one to flick it or knock it on to.  Is bringing Nelson back to play alongside Haber in a 4-4-2 too much to hope for?
  • On what I've seen, Lewis is never a winger and not quick enough to be effective there.
  • The back 4 is a shambles.  Shoe-horning centre-backs into the full-back positions is just unacceptable considering Hartley has seen the limitations of McGhee and Muirhead there for the past 6 months whilst we have a solid left-back in Robson stuck on the bench and despite bringing in 15 new signings a right-back has been completely neglected.  The back 4 lacked any composure and organisation.  Harrison looks like a bombscare but early days...
  • Paton is way too slow to cover even the defensive portion of the midfield, he was caught out of position 3/4 times today and left a gaping hole.
  • Corner kicks, barring 1, were awful.  Either struggled to clear the first man or went a mile beyond the box, no middle-ground. 

Onwards and upwards.  Hopefully.

Pretty much sums it up 

A concern is that a player we signed this week shown today he is heads above what we have signed pre to him, also not the fashionable England market best.

All very early but I said during cup/friendlies a lot of our signings looked like academy players and today didn't change owt, hopefully Hartley can put a little bit of magic on what looks like a team made of rejects and playing players out of position waiting for that percentage game through Haber who was only signed a week ago.

16 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Got to start with 2 upfront next week.

In this league, one up top is instant failure unless you are fighting relegation or have real quality behind the single striker

Ps we don't have real quality behind the single striker

I'm hoping that we only played one up front because Greenwood isn't fit and Mackin was ill.

Hartley should have played Robson but I think he's looked at how big ICT are and decided to go for height at the back

Archived