Who is going to win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Falkirk
    • ICT
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/18 at 10:08

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And we seem to be doing quite well out of it, thank you.  We have cruise liners that dock in the port of Invergordon and most of the passengers end up in Inverness, they do the tour, Urquhart Castle etc and it brings in the money into the city. Plenty of pubs and restaurants in the city center now, lots of choice. Then there are a lot of travellers who make their own way to the Highlands and base themselves in the city so they can explore the North in their own time via car, motorbike or bike or maybe even boat. People come up here to play golf as well.
I think Falkirk like many places in Scotland are under rated when people talk about them, local knowledge is king so as a football supporter when I visit the good town to get a real feel for the place, where are the best places to recommend and not the touristy crap. Best pubs, best chippies, shops, the things that really matter on a day out and make a place memorable for the right reasons.

Yawn

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

And we seem to be doing quite well out of it, thank you.  We have cruise liners that dock in the port of Invergordon and most of the passengers end up in Inverness, they do the tour, Urquhart Castle etc and it brings in the money into the city. Plenty of pubs and restaurants in the city center now, lots of choice. Then there are a lot of travellers who make their own way to the Highlands and base themselves in the city so they can explore the North in their own time via car, motorbike or bike or maybe even boat. People come up here to play golf as well.

Shame none of them can be arsed visiting the football ground on match days.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

On the contrary I have seen visitors to the city on many occasion taking in a match at the Caley Stadium.

Its more of a shame that Celtic and Sevco supporters vastly outnumber the support for the local team, I'm sure its the same in Falkirk.

Oh aye, no shortage of arse cheeks down here. 

Here's my starting 11 guvnas;

Fasan

Mcghee Murihead Dallison Robson

Paton Sammut

Petravicius  TOE Lewis

Mackin

Would probably rather give Haber the #9 jersey but he hasn't had much game time.

#COYB #ExpectTheUnexpected 

17 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There will be no room in the South Stand for their 50 fans once the Hartley Hoards fill the place. The North Stand is for away clubs who bring more than a few Taxi’s

My geography is no great.

49 minutes ago, JB22 said:

The last opening win of the season came on the 4th of August 2007 against Gretna.

Saturday we play Inverness - 4th of August.

Omen???

11 years ago.  Fucks sake I’m old.  I remember being worried that we might get turned over by Gretna, turning up for that game and watching us absolutely steamroller them.  Higdon and Arfield’s first games iirc?

58 minutes ago, JB22 said:

The last opening win of the season came on the 4th of August 2007 against Gretna.

Probably the only week we were ever in the Champions league spot.

I did love that game.

Huge away crowd and the last time I'd sat in that end of Fir Park was to watch us lift the B&Q cup whilst St Mirren fans got soaked in the non covered terrace.

The previous year we also won our 1st game at Tannadice so it was starting to be a habit. A very quickly broken 1 :(

If you expect the unexpected then you expect Falkirk will win so its not unexpected.
I get the impression Falkirk fans see themselves as the underdogs here when there is quite clearly little difference in quality between the teams and with Falkirk playing at home really they should edge it being the favourites for this.
Last season there was 6 meetings between the clubs with Inverness winning three times, Falkirk twice and there was one draw. Historically Falkirk have had the better of Inverness 23 times to Inverness 14 wins.
At Inverness we never ever take a match with Falkirk lightly given the history between the two clubs.
I would not be too unhappy with a draw, as long as we put in a good performance. For us to win at the Falkirk Stadium would be unexpected, we have never won a match there with John Robertson as our manager.

Don’t think the bookies see this as an obvious win.

Falkirk 11/8
ICT. 15/8
Draw. 12/5

Bet365

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Probably the only week we were ever in the Champions league spot.

I did love that game.

Huge away crowd and the last time I'd sat in that end of Fir Park was to watch us lift the B&Q cup whilst St Mirren fans got soaked in the non covered terrace.

The previous year we also won our 1st game at Tannadice so it was starting to be a habit. A very quickly broken 1 :(

Did we not play celtic the week after. Played them off the pitch too for about the first 30 mins before it all went pete tong. 1-1 with only about 15 mins to go and we lost 4-1. Kenny Milne sent off wrongly. Think Barr should've been off instead. 

Archived