Who is going to win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Falkirk
    • ICT
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/18 at 10:08

15 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Mackin more than deserves a start on Saturday; more so than Lewis imo. I’d go with him and Haber.

I'd probably agree with this. The only reservation I would have is they are both our 'target men' strikers and the traditional pairing would suggest one big guy and one fast guy. For that reason I'd leave one of them on the bench to come on for the other 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Get a bounce game sorted for him, and start him on the bench. If we are nearly done recruitment, then we need more games to get Froxylias, Haber and McKee fit. We will also need Harris, O'Hara and Sheps fit Inca se everything goes south. 

There have been bounce games, or reserve friendlies, for the last three weeks and there's another one this week. I suspect that will continue throughout the season as there are less matches in the new Reserve League than there were in the U20s.

This is going to be a tough game for us I think and we'll need to play a lot better than we did during pre-season to get anything.
I'd go with;
Fasan
McGhee Muirhead Dallison Robson
Petra TOE Sammut Greenwood
Lewis Haber
Subs: Mitchell, Harrison, Kidd, Sammut, Brough, Froxylias, Mackin
Attendance: 4365

Sammut so good you have him twice.

Mackin more than deserves a start on Saturday; more so than Lewis imo. I’d go with him and Haber.

This.

It would be harsh as f**k to drop Mackin after the way he played yesterday. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lewis was wide left again with Greenwood still used as more of an impact sub for a few weeks until he gets up to full fitness.

I’d also be having Harrison and Dallison as our first choice partnership. Aye Harrison is slower than Aero but he’s a lot stronger and his passing is far, far superior.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

This.

It would be harsh as f**k to drop Mackin after the way he played yesterday. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lewis was wide left again with Greenwood still used as more of an impact sub for a few weeks until he gets up to full fitness.

I’d also be having Harrison and Dallison as our first choice partnership. Aye Harrison is slower than Aero but he’s a lot stronger and his passing is far, far superior.

How can you say it's harsh on Mackin to drop him but then want to drop Muirhead who's been one of our best performers during pre season.

We should go with a 3-5-2, IMO. Lewis Kidd at right wing back. That’s the formation that’s been working for us in the second half of last season and 4-4-2 clearly isn’t cutting it.

Fasan

McGhee-Harrison-Dallison

Kidd-TOE-Sammut-Brough

Petra

Haber-Mackin

How can you say it's harsh on Mackin to drop him but then want to drop Muirhead who's been one of our best performers during pre season.

Well because he’s not been one of our best players. Certainly not in my opinion anyway.

I do like Aero but I feel like Harrison/Dallison partnership will be our best. Gives us 2 big, strong centre-backs who are comfortable on the ball and can pass the ball out from the back which looks like something we’ll be trying to do more of this season.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd probably agree with this. The only reservation I would have is they are both our 'target men' strikers and the traditional pairing would suggest one big guy and one fast guy. For that reason I'd leave one of them on the bench to come on for the other 

I'm not interested in tradition. Haber has pace, at least over five yards, though injuries have slowed him a bot, and Mackin has shown that he's not just a one dimensional lump. I'd be happy enough to see them up against a pair of dumplings in defence.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There have been bounce games, or reserve friendlies, for the last three weeks and there's another one this week. I suspect that will continue throughout the season as there are less matches in the new Reserve League than there were in the U20s.

Hopefully he's nearing match fitness. Is he carrying a niggle? Asked him on Instagram, but he's too busy waxing his chest!

49 minutes ago, Russ said:

Well because he’s not been one of our best players. Certainly not in my opinion anyway.

I do like Aero but I feel like Harrison/Dallison partnership will be our best. Gives us 2 big, strong centre-backs who are comfortable on the ball and can pass the ball out from the back which looks like something we’ll be trying to do more of this season.

Given that both Dallison and Harrison have been heard telling Aero to fucking concentrate or f**k off, it seems clear who they are comfortable playing alongside. And that counts for a lot, players always play better when they have confidence in those alongside them. McGhee Dallison Harrison and Robson may well be the default for the season. Can we sub Aero on to take penalties?

38 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm not interested in tradition. Haber has pace, at least over five yards, though injuries have slowed him a bot, and Mackin has shown that he's not just a one dimensional lump. I'd be happy enough to see them up against a pair of dumplings in defence.

Hopefully he's nearing match fitness. Is he carrying a niggle? Asked him on Instagram, but he's too busy waxing his chest!

Given that both Dallison and Harrison have been heard telling Aero to fucking concentrate or f**k off, it seems clear who they are comfortable playing alongside. And that counts for a lot, players always play better when they have confidence in those alongside them. McGhee Dallison Harrison and Robson may well be the default for the season. Can we sub Aero on to take penalties?

Muirhead will be starting most games this season

We should go with a 3-5-2, IMO. Lewis Kidd at right wing back. That’s the formation that’s been working for us in the second half of last season and 4-4-2 clearly isn’t cutting it.

Fasan

McGhee-Harrison-Dallison

Kidd-TOE-Sammut-Brough

Petra

Haber-Mackin

Says we should play a 3-5-2, lists a team that isn’t in a 3-5-2 formation...

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Says we should play a 3-5-2, lists a team that isn’t in a 3-5-2 formation...

Silly Trump.

That there is an Edinburgh City 3-5-2 formation.

1 minute ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Afraid the fact is that she had a couple of Bairns. 

No, just the one, quite a lot.

In my defence, I'm not the one that broke her. That would be some manky farmer from the north.

43 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Looking at how many headers Inverness lost to Hearts it would be stupid to start with anything other than Petra/Greenwood on the wings with Haber/Mackin up top. The whole point of the squad this season was so we could adapt to different teams, let’s see that in practice.

Thankfully Falkirk or nobody else in the Championship have an Ikpeazu. Hopefully we put McCart and Donaldson together again and go to attack mode;

Ridgers

Brad McKay  McCart  Donaldson  Tremarco

Trafford  Polworth  Chalmers

Walsh  Doran

Austin

Archived