Dundee United v Dunfermline

2 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

That Daquin one was a meaningless end of season game. I was at that one, don't remember much of it, but it was around 2006, I remember as I was living in Aberdeen and travelled down.

2011, we got battered for 90mins, completely one sided and entered the Dundee Utd half once and Paul Burns managed to score from edge of box and won 1-0.

Yeah I'm getting both mixed up. Must just be traumatised by Daquin scoring against us that it sticks in my mind. That was a dreadful, boring end of season game as you say.

The Paul Burns one was the one I was thinking of. Think it was probably the only away game Pars won all season. Typical United. 

I was gutted after the Leishman match. Thankfully we stayed up in the end.

I think you'll break the recent hoodoo in a couple of weeks. Unless Laszlo gets punted or develops managerial ability overnight.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The Paul Burns one was the one I was thinking of. Think it was probably the only away game Pars won all season. Typical United. 

Strangely, we went top of the SPL after winning at McDermid in similar fashion with 10 men the week after then got relegated after winning only once at home. Statto.

Trying to think of all the away games we won that season. Can think of 4 wins at the top of my head. Hibs, St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Yinited.

52 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

I will be withholding my my entrance fee until I have a thorough and detailed analysis of the referees changing rooms please United. 

Csaba Laszlo is writing one up for you now. He's on page 176 but has still not finished the introduction.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

PiPotted will be starting up a rousing rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus" any time now. The next fortnight will fly by for those on board. 

No Potted Piracy will keep that song till Falkirk.

"The wheels on your house go round and round"

I must admit that a few weeks ago I was of the opinion that Dunfermline might struggle this year but looking at the team yesterday (and the players missing) I am beginning to think that I was wrong. I like a 5-3-2 and it worked pretty well against Dundee. If the strikers can get the goals (which is maybe still debatable) then it could be a good year. 

Archived