Dundee United v Dunfermline

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Be careful what you say. We might have to start raiding your squad again.

If your team release anymore capital to that Shambles fella then you can add them to that heads gone thread thingy on here.

You'd be better getting rid of him or you'll see your team losing to us, not something you'll have seen before.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/07/2018 at 11:42, Szamo's_Ammo said:

weren't some Dunfermline fans saying, towards the tail end of last season, that Aird is one of the best players they have ever seen play for the club?

This is one of the worst gimmick accounts going just now. The Biggie revelations of last week have gone to your head min.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

This is one of the worst gimmick accounts going just now. The Biggie revelations of last week have gone to your head min.

Appreciate your feedback. 

On 21/07/2018 at 11:42, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Not sure if you're being serious but weren't some Dunfermline fans saying, towards the tail end of last season, that Aird is one of the best players they have ever seen play for the club?

Morris is better than Durnan.

Faissal has not scored regularly above League One level.

Aird's a decent player going forward.  Can't be arsed defending, he's also a snake c**t.  Morris is a liability, cost us the play off with his "attempt" at a tackle on Stanton imo.

Fair shout about this generation's George O'Boyle tbh. 

On 21/07/2018 at 12:13, DAFC. said:

He really isn't. We've replaced our loses with better players IMO. Looking forward to the start of the season, not this game though. We could have Ronaldo and Messi and we'd still get beat off United.

Ronaldo and Messi won't accept 0p in the £

8 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Ronaldo and Messi won't accept 0p in the £

Jeeeeezussss. 

You still wheeling out that tired old line? 

You need to get over it lad, it's not good for someone to live their life in a seething mess like you are. 

8 hours ago, The Glorious One said:

Aird's a decent player going forward.  Can't be arsed defending, he's also a snake c**t.  Morris is a liability, cost us the play off with his "attempt" at a tackle on Stanton imo.

Funnily enough, we told you he was a c**t when you signed him. You all said we were just bitter :lol:

10 hours ago, The Glorious One said:

Morris was always liable to make a mistake but a good player for this level. You had the best defence in the league last season after all and can see that being the same again this year. Durnan is decent for this league too but clumsy and aimless at times with clearances. Always felt he was going to give away a penalty.

What's a George O'Boyle?

There can't have been many times the two biggest clubs in the division have met on the opening day. I remember Sevco played Hearts a few years ago now but not sure of any others.

Do you guys think there will be a similar number of Pars fans at this match as up here in the playoff?

On 21/07/2018 at 09:31, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The summer break has flown by and amazingly there are only two weeks to go until the league season opens with a showpiece clash between Dundee United and Dunfermline Athletic.

Both sets of fans will be hoping some of their concerns will be answered following a turbulent summer for both clubs. The home side's planned squad overhaul and the away side's unwanted exodus means both teams will look very different from the ones that met in May.

Fraiser Aird and Nicky Clark were, by all accounts, Dunfermline's best two players but have ditched Fife for the City of Discovery while United squad fillers Mark Durnan and Willo Flood were snapped up by the Pars to much fanfare following their release by respected United gaffer Csaba Laszlo.

Generations of Dunfermline fans have never seen their team beat Dundee United in the flesh and you would have to imagine they will pack out a section of the Fair Play stand as they dream to achieve what must feel like the impossible dream. 

This one could be decided by the finest of margins.

First time I have popped into this thread. What a horrific opening post, with some of the most bold and blatant bait seen on P&B.

9 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

First time I have popped into this thread. What a horrific opening post, with some of the most bold and blatant bait seen on P&B.

Apologies if my tongue in cheek post has upset you in any way.

You going to the game?

7 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Train & ticket at United prices me out I'm afraid.

It's an away day I usually enjoy as well. Some of my best away day memories have been at Tannadice, 1996 and 2005 stick out more than others. 2011 as well.

The last couple of times I remember you winning at Tannadice we outplayed you and your guys scored a late sucker punch of a goal. It seems to be late winners are your thing when up here.

The famous Leishman game where Stillie was outstanding. We then signed him and he was pretty poor for us.

I think the last one was a Freddy Daquin late goal (the shame) after United were all over Dunfermline for the entire match.

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The last couple of times I remember you winning at Tannadice we outplayed you and your guys scored a late sucker punch of a goal. It seems to be late winners are your thing when up here.

The famous Leishman game where Stillie was outstanding. We then signed him and he was pretty poor for us.

I think the last one was a Freddy Daquin late goal (the shame) after United were all over Dunfermline for the entire match.

That Daquin one was a meaningless end of season game. I was at that one, don't remember much of it, but it was around 2006, I remember as I was living in Aberdeen and travelled down.

2011, we got battered for 90mins, completely one sided and entered the Dundee Utd half once and Paul Burns managed to score from edge of box and won 1-0.

Archived