Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Were the highlights slightly biased or were United that dirty a side?

Just struggled to cope with us in certain areas of the pitch and they certainly targetted Faissal El Bakhtaoui.

They couldn't pin us down at all. They attempted to kick us off the park in the first half and, we responded 3 times in the best possible way  

They got more than they deserved with that free kick. 

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 13:34, smpar said:

Aye that was piss poor. Man-marking and doubling up on a specific player is fair enough but just trying to injure the boy is the sign of a fucking shitebag of a manager/team.

Unless it’s Andy Rogers, of course.

Laszlo did the same to us, might be a coincidence right enough but they clobbered Hardie in the final league game then done DeVita  in the first few minutes of the 2nd play off game, think it was that game Miller got a sore one with an elbow to his coupon too. He was banging on about how they lacked steel pre match, I think he overcompensating a bit now.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Laszlo did the same to us, might be a coincidence right enough but they clobbered Hardie in the final league game then done DeVita  in the first few minutes of the 2nd play off game, think it was that game Miller got a sore one with an elbow to his coupon too. He was banging on about how they lacked steel pre match, I think he overcompensating a bit now.

Think that as much as he gives off about possession and passing, he shits the bed and realises certain players will rip the arse out of the shit team he has assembled, especially with his even shiter tactics and so resorts to trying to kick those guys off the park to nullify the threat instead.

Trying to kick Lee Miller was a strange one though, if there was ever going to be a player that would just get patched up and give it straight back out it would be him.

Glad it's hilariously backfired on him on every occasion.

I think they twigged on quite quickly that we were going to pump them going forward so, they hacked the shite out of us when they got close enough. 

Mall they did was show their lack of confidence and fear of our attacking prowess. 

12 hours ago, P475 said:

I think they twigged on quite quickly that we were going to pump them going forward so, they hacked the shite out of us when they got close enough. 

Mall they did was show their lack of confidence and fear of our attacking prowess. 

We really do look delicious going forward. Fais is untouchable.

So United kicked Dunfermline off the park despite the Pars giving away more fouls and having more players booked than United? Ok...
Vincent was booked for kicking the ball away and el Bakhtaoui was booked for being hacked down by Rabitch (for which he was lucky not to be shown a straight red... he then brought down Thomson 5 minutes later and could have had a second yellow before he was subbed off at half time as he was a red card waiting to happen).

19 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

So United kicked Dunfermline off the park despite the Pars giving away more fouls and having more players booked than United? Ok...

16 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I wouldn't bother. They've got a narrative and they're going to run with it. 

:lol:

Hurting bad and it's just lovely to see.

11 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Good old bitching.

Pars won the game fair and square.

I wasn't surprised at the outcome as this team is looking decent.

Saturday was glorious.

I’d agree with that 100%.  Anyone claiming otherwise is a fanny.

Apart from the two cynical challenges on Faissal in the first half, I wouldn't say they were a dirty team. Just a bit desperate. Rabitsch  was dirty individually but got subbed before he was sent off.

We were just too quick and nibble for some of their big galoots.

We barely kicked a ball never mind players. We did seem to throw a couple of tackles in on that forward but really, we were fairly toothless all round.

Id be happier if we did manage to throw a few more tackles in and show some fight but we got pumped good and proper.

Archived