Dundee United v Dunfermline

2 minutes ago, banana said:

United fans could barely raise a cheer for the thumping 2nd, and beyond apathy to raise a full-time boo.

Tragic performance from United, especially the second half. No discernible pattern or gameplan throughout, 10 outfield robots. Passmarks to Loemba for trying to spark things.

Hippolyte, El B, and the baldy c**t ran the show for Dunfermline going forward, absolute embarssment united had nothing in response in either three positions.

Superb Pars away support, and well deserved win. f**k Cshambles.

I had a thing for United back in the day, 80's shit.

I feel sorry for the club now.

You fans deserve better, get rid of the fuckin garbage running your club. End of the day those left holding the key are mere custodians and fans are the daft c***s who pick up the pieces.

Pars fan owned. Get it sorted.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunfermline didn't have to be particularly good to beat us comfortably and that is worrying. The Pars are capable of much better and if they were properly on it they would have stuck another few past us. Looking at the other teams in the division you wonder where points are going to come from if the team are to play football like they did yesterday. We are in serious trouble and it is only the first game of the season. 

Excellent result for the Pars. How did the ex Falkirk contingent get on? In particular Hippo and Louis
Longridge?

Craigen played right wing back and was outstanding. Disappointed you didn’t ask. Been absolutely no sign of this ‘shitebag’ version of Craigen we apparently signed.

Louis Longridge was very good and scored a really impressive goal, after beating a couple of men.

Hippolyte upped the tempo in the second half and that resulted in the team scoring 3 goals. He was excellent and really unlucky not to score with a 40 yard chip that was just tipped round the post at 1-0.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Dunfermline didn't have to be particularly good to beat us comfortably and that is worrying. The Pars are capable of much better and if they were properly on it they would have stuck another few past us. Looking at the other teams in the division you wonder where points are going to come from if the team are to play football like they did yesterday. We are in serious trouble and it is only the first game of the season. 

That’s a reasonable summary.  

That was rather fucking glorious yesterday.

An absolute travesty that first half ended up having a goal in it. Was about as bad as football gets and seemed to last at least an hour.

Much like against Stirling last week, we upped it big time in the second half. Really was an excellent team performance in the second 45. The equaliser was such a boost and seemed to totally deflate United. Thomson, Vincent, Craigen Hippo, Faiss, Longridge x 2; all very promising indeed. Don't think the back three did much wrong either tbf. Even more impressive is Beadling, Williamson and Higgy, three probable starters, weren't available.

Well done to the person that started the Longridge brothers song, loved it.

Faiss is home. I think I honestly love that man :wub:

As for United, if they don't improve massively, they won't be in the top four. Terrible display, full of rough tackles and long ball nonsense. It was as if after losing to Livi, Lazlo tried to copy them and got it horribly wrong. There's no chance he makes it to Christmas and wouldn't be surprised if board have been asking round for Jim McIntyre's mobile number.

Barton MotM was decent bantz though.

Oh, and Nicky Clark giving it big licks only to end the game trudging huffily off the pitch, with his tail firmly between his legs, was absolutely tremendous.

There’s something extremely likeable about Jackson Longridge in particular, 2 goals for a wingback in 5 competitive games is impressive stuff.

There’s something extremely likeable about Jackson Longridge in particular, 2 goals for a wingback in 5 competitive games is impressive stuff.

Jackson probably wishes he could play in Dundee every week. 2 goals in 2 games in the city.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That header reminds me of one Brewster/Crawford scored at Patrick in a cup game on another sunny day in front of a big away support.

That goal is the one I always look back on for a moment that summed up their partnership. Glorious.

Both Longridge brothers have impressed me so far but Jackson really does give us a great threat on the left. It's brilliant to see him getting in positions to support the attack so effectively, and defensively he's been very good too. His header yesterday was very coolly taken.

Archived