Dundee United v Dunfermline

I can understand why Laszlo took Rabbitch off (can't understand why he wasn't sent off mind you) but that change and having Stanton in the middle meant Thomson was able to get involved more and allowed us to get much higher up the park. Can't believe Utd kept the Edge as a squad player let alone started him in a league game. The bit at the end summed him up - a goal down into injury time and he still gets beat in the air to a guy a foot shorter than him. Thought we were poor in the first half but better in the second and United looked very nervy as soon as we scored. Still think they'll be there or there abouts but there's clearly a confidence issue there. Great to get the monkey off the back and with a few first team players to come back into the squad it's looking good.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I can understand why Laszlo took Rabbitch off (can't understand why he wasn't sent off mind you) but that change and having Stanton in the middle meant Thomson was able to get involved more and allowed us to get much higher up the park. Can't believe Utd kept the Edge as a squad player let alone started him in a league game. The bit at the end summed him up - a goal down into injury time and he still gets beat in the air to a guy a foot shorter than him. Thought we were poor in the first half but better in the second and United looked very nervy as soon as we scored. Still think they'll be there or there abouts but there's clearly a confidence issue there. Great to get the monkey off the back and with a few first team players to come back into the squad it's looking good.

Good post.

Stanton should never be played out wide, he’s usually far more effective in the middle though not so today.  I’m really hoping when Fyvie is back they can reignite their very effective partnership.

Edge was given the opportunity to leave but didn’t take it, nonetheless he should not be starting; a second choice sub at best.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Table 28. Near the entrance by the McManus

20180804_192802.thumb.jpg.1525fa9735e5ab903e34c043daa65b48.jpg

If you are really than desperate for friends there are probably some online options.

Not for me though.  I don’t really like people and find that is reciprocated.

Joking aside, enjoy your night.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If you are really than desperate for friends there are probably some online options.

Not for me though.  I don’t really like people and find that is reciprocated.

Joking aside, enjoy your night.

This is an online option

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

El Bak loved the support today. He knows he's home 

Looking forward to seeing him next week.

I missed the game but my car is clean and I got the ironing done.

Nice shorts btw. 

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nice shorts btw. 

Thank you

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I was wrong about some things tonight, however DA Buracus is the most delightful of gentlemen, 10/10 would recommended, massive fan. 

Thank you

5 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Thank you.

Hold on...

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nice shorts btw. 

I've just poured GD a large Rioja and he is very angry with you.

PS. Can someone go next door to the Falkirk thread and politely ask them to keep the noise down?

Köszönöm.

Brilliant result for the pars, im off to the pub and so should all of you. 

The good news is that all the United players will be told how shite they are when they leave their houses now rather than lay lie outwith Cabasa territory 

Good post.
Stanton should never be played out wide, he’s usually far more effective in the middle though not so today.  I’m really hoping when Fyvie is back they can reignite their very effective partnership.
Edge was given the opportunity to leave but didn’t take it, nonetheless he should not be starting; a second choice sub at best.

Correct. Edge’s lack of pace makes him a liability and an obvious weak spot for others to exploit. Feel the third pars goal is a great example of that.

Should be no where near the first teams and the fact he started today sums up the lack of defensive options we STILL have.

Why were you at the game today? Glad to have you mind! Where in the Shed were you?
Thought El Bak had a quiet game but think that was because United targeted him so man marked him. Super Joe in midfield had a storming second half and his equaliser was fucking sublime. Hippo is the new Moff for El Bak, in that he's clearly the guy to lay things off for him and hold the ball up in order to bring others in. Falkirk fans were laughingthat he was lazy, and I don't doubt he was, but our manager won't stand for that shit and Hippo's effort was top notch today.
Love your description of Edjenguele! Agree with it as well! He's utter toilet

Was heading up to Aberdeen for tomorrow's game and thought I'd make a wee diversion for a game. Was stood on the left hand side, singing never stopped!

El Bakh took a few heavy tackles, it was definitely a tactic from Utd. Hippolyte was pretty poor first half I thought, but picked up with the team second. Lots of running and physicality (ertainly not lazy), it can get you far with the correct players around you, players like El Bakh: loved the smile on his face during the game, looks to be enjoying his football again.

45 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Was heading up to Aberdeen for tomorrow's game and thought I'd make a wee diversion for a game. Was stood on the left hand side, singing never stopped!

El Bakh took a few heavy tackles, it was definitely a tactic from Utd. Hippolyte was pretty poor first half I thought, but picked up with the team second. Lots of running and physicality (ertainly not lazy), it can get you far with the correct players around you, players like El Bakh: loved the smile on his face during the game, looks to be enjoying his football again.

Aye I was at the left hand side as well. 

Like your view of the game. Would agree with it all!

Archived