Dundee United v Dunfermline

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Interesting that Nicky is willing to bet his £100 wage increase on scoring more goals than Faissal.

Are any Pars willing to take him up on the offer?

If he throws his watch into the deal I'll take him up on it. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm off to watch the Canadian wizard tear Alloa apart now.

Fraser Aird- a footballing genius who has attended more parades this summer than trophy-starved Dunfermline Athletic have in their entire history.

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Fraser Aird- a footballing genius who has attended more parades this summer than trophy-starved Dunfermline Athletic have in their entire history.

I'd like to greenie that, but I dont think i can.

34 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Easy now or I'll start PMing you

How did he get on? What was the score.
Teehee

Even though I felt that Clark wasn't even close to being the player I hoped he would be, I was a bit disappointed we lost him. I was more upset at losing Aird TBH. 

But to get Fais signed on means I don't give a toss about losing Clark, and after seeing the replacements for the loss of Aird I have more optimism for our league campaign. I think we'll be challenging for the title this season. 

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

@Newmember meet @Hawk

Here's me having a quiet Saturday evening after Sir Stephen scored another brace and you bring me into this.

• FWIW I don't think Clark will get into double figures this season. Gonna be raging at being subbed today. :lol:

Ok. Whilst I agree that El Bakhtaoui is a better all-round player than Clark, Clark’s finishing and positioning will definitely be missed.

It’s not pure luck, that he was in the right place at the right time, so often. As I’m sure you’ll have noticed by now, he’s not going to pick the ball up and beat a couple of men, before firing a shot in, he’s a good old-fashioned poacher.

Aird, if he can perform like he did in the last 10 games or so of the season, will be an exceptional signing for United. However, it’s worth noting that he only turned up, when his contract was running out - that said, he wasn’t given much of a chance before that!

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nonsense. Aird changed the game at Tannadice when he came on in December.

Also why do you suppose he wasn't in the team much for a lot of the season?

Too busy practicing his marching, I'm guessing? 

Nonsense. Aird changed the game at Tannadice when he came on in December.
Also why do you suppose he wasn't in the team much for a lot of the season?

To be fair, I agree with that. He was also exceptional at home v Livi in the second quarter. However, I was more alluding to the fact that he hadn’t shown he could consistently perform well, until then. Consistency seems to have been an issue throughout his career.

Don’t get me wrong, I was really disappointed to have lost him and think he will do well at United. It’s just worth noting that he has yet to perform well, over the course of a season.

I don’t know why he didn’t get a run in the team earlier. At the time, I heard he had a stinking attitude and Johnston didn’t like that. However, we offered him a new deal, so I have my doubts about how true that is.

I must say the Pars' League Cup match today was very enjoyable on many levels.

I've never seen a team lose to Dunfermline before and I never thought I would see a worse left back than Jamie Robson.

I must admit Dunfermline looked good (albeit up against a team of dross lead by a shite TV pundit). Should have been 3 or 4 by half time IMO. 

Report has been sent to Csaba who thinks we're playing Stranraer in 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Ok ok that's the big team dealt with by a proper big team. Now onto the wee neighbours in a couple weeks. 

Be careful what you say. We might have to start raiding your squad again.

Archived