Dundee United v Dunfermline

The summer break has flown by and amazingly there are only two weeks to go until the league season opens with a showpiece clash between Dundee United and Dunfermline Athletic.

Both sets of fans will be hoping some of their concerns will be answered following a turbulent summer for both clubs. The home side's planned squad overhaul and the away side's unwanted exodus means both teams will look very different from the ones that met in May.

Fraiser Aird and Nicky Clark were, by all accounts, Dunfermline's best two players but have ditched Fife for the City of Discovery while United squad fillers Mark Durnan and Willo Flood were snapped up by the Pars to much fanfare following their release by respected United gaffer Csaba Laszlo.

Generations of Dunfermline fans have never seen their team beat Dundee United in the flesh and you would have to imagine they will pack out a section of the Fair Play stand as they dream to achieve what must feel like the impossible dream. 

This one could be decided by the finest of margins.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

We replaced Clark, Aird and Morris with better players and have more depth now. At first it seemed bad but I’d much rather have Faissal than Clark due to his all round play. 

Not sure if you're being serious but weren't some Dunfermline fans saying, towards the tail end of last season, that Aird is one of the best players they have ever seen play for the club?

Morris is better than Durnan.

Faissal has not scored regularly above League One level.

16 minutes ago, Newmember said:

No way will faz score more than 14 I would  take a bet on that with anyone 

Clack a better player by miles 

He really isn't. We've replaced our loses with better players IMO. Looking forward to the start of the season, not this game though. We could have Ronaldo and Messi and we'd still get beat off United.

If we're being serious for a second it'll be interesting to see how Clark does away from AJ and his dad, he's only really scored regularly while under there tutelage. I'm sure he scored a ridiculous amount of goals at league one level for Qots, stayed at the same level with Ranger and didn't come close to matching the total. If United persist with a 4231 I can't see Clark matching his total from last year, AJ and Sc evidently knew how to get the best out of Clark, will Csaba? 

4 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Csaba will be away by Nov/Dec and Jim McIntyre will be in 

I will bet u 100 that clark score more goals than faz

Hiya Nicky. Just do your best and we will get behind you. No need to compare yourself to other players.

I hope you win the Championship Golden Boot this season too.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Not sure if you're being serious but weren't some Dunfermline fans saying, towards the tail end of last season, that Aird is one of the best players they have ever seen play for the club?

Morris is better than Durnan.

Faissal has not scored regularly above League One level.

No. Literally no one has ever said this.

Talking of Clark, has Gavin Reilly Hawk started invading your threads yet? 

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No. Literally no one has ever said this.

I was paraphrasing.

On 16/04/2018 at 18:34, Jimmy85 said:

I'd genuinely put Aird at 10/10. An absolutely incredible talent, the sort of player that comes along once or twice a generation.

Thank you.

Archived