Mortimer and Whitehouse's heart healthy food.

Tony Ferrino

Put my foot through the telly when they were on the train and said they were going past the Royal Dee - it was the Spey. 

Its not called the Royal Dee anyway.

Aberdeen doesn't mean the mouth of the Dee it means mouth of the Don.

Watched the rest on my phone and it was pretty good. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the episode where Lee Mack replaced a rather poorly Bob , I now dislike Lee even more than I did than before the episode started, what a complete tube the guy is, his patter was completely honking, can’t see what folks see in him 

On 26/01/2024 at 20:36, stanton said:

Just watched the episode where Lee Mack replaced a rather poorly Bob , I now dislike Lee even more than I did than before the episode started, what a complete tube the guy is, his patter was completely honking, can’t see what folks see in him 

I like him in WILTY, very quick witted, but dislike his tv show, playing the idiot, and constantly making smart arse one liners. Which admittedly is what he does in WILTY, but it feels more natural as it's on the spot and not rehearsed, just gets annoying in rehearsed, scripted shows. His appearance replacing Bob was just horrifically bad though, felt awkward and didn't work at all. Would've been far better bringing Fergal Sharkey in for the episode, or even Charlie (can't remember his surname), who also made a guest appearance.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I like him in WILTY, very quick witted, but dislike his tv show, playing the idiot, and constantly making smart arse one liners. Which admittedly is what he does in WILTY, but it feels more natural as it's on the spot and not rehearsed, just gets annoying in rehearsed, scripted shows. His appearance replacing Bob was just horrifically bad though, felt awkward and didn't work at all. Would've been far better bringing Fergal Sharkey in for the episode, or even Charlie (can't remember his surname), who also made a guest appearance.

Off topic for the gone fishing chat.  Was listening to Richard Osmans "The Rest is Entertainment" podcast and he revealed that sometimes the editors actually have to add a second of silence before Lee Mack comes in with some one-liners because they think it will come across as too quick and people might think it's scripted!

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Off topic for the gone fishing chat.  Was listening to Richard Osmans "The Rest is Entertainment" podcast and he revealed that sometimes the editors actually have to add a second of silence before Lee Mack comes in with some one-liners because they think it will come across as too quick and people might think it's scripted!

Yeah he's a funny guy on WILTY, razor sharp responses. Richard Osman is very sharp and on the ball with his one liners too.