Mortimer and Whitehouse's heart healthy food.

Tony Ferrino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Possibly the best yet?  And the added bonus of a Celebrity Death Pool free hit. 

Chris Rea looked fucking awful, didn't he?  I'd no idea he'd had the health problems he'd had. 

Even moving to an hour it never outstayed it's welcome.  And the bit where they went back to Bob's childhood home was very sad.  Got a bit dusty in the room at that point. 

And Barry Homeowner (I'm not calling him train guy) is always welcome. 

19 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Chris Rea looked fucking awful, didn't he?  I'd no idea he'd had the health problems he'd had. 

Even moving to an hour it never outstayed it's welcome.  And the bit where they went back to Bob's childhood home was very sad.  Got a bit dusty in the room at that point. 

And Barry Homeowner (I'm not calling him train guy) is always welcome. 

Its gently heartbreaking and gently hilarious. I love the feel of it, just like Detectorists and, oddly, Worzel Gummidge. 

Is there anything as wholesome and enjoyable as Bob Mortimer's laugh? 
I can't think of one. 

Possibly an episode of the Detectorists, but other than that, nothing at all.

What another great show the Christmas edition was. The sheer joy when Bob caught his elusive greyling & loved the grey seal banter too.
One of the few shows I can watch over & over again.

25 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Possibly an episode of the Detectorists, but other than that, nothing at all.

What another great show the Christmas edition was. The sheer joy when Bob caught his elusive greyling & loved the grey seal banter too.
One of the few shows I can watch over & over again.

When they do the gold dance at the end of series of two of Detectorists.... a genuinely joyous moment.

Is there anything as wholesome and enjoyable as Bob Mortimer's laugh? 
I can't think of one. 

Honestly Savage Henry has called a good one here!!!
Its gently heartbreaking and gently hilarious. I love the feel of it, just like Detectorists and, oddly, Worzel Gummidge. 

Give old Worzel ago, they’re showing the two from last Christmas next week and the new one is on Christmas Eve, written, directed and starring by Mackenzie Crook it’s got such a gentle Detectoristsness about it, it’ll draw you in like putting on yer old baffies and leaving like your sitting at your grannies when you were wee eating a slice of toast in your dressing gown and stripey pyjamas!!!

Just watching this programme on iplayer now having never watched it before. I hadn’t realised they had both had heart issues.

So far, I’ve seen them get a Tench and a Barbel.

Edited by Scary Bear

Loved the bit where Chris Rea reacted to Whitehouse saying "you driving home" with initially a single finger then double fingure gesture.

Coincidentally., I have only once ever repeated a catch phrase to a celebrity and it was to Whitehouse himself outside Wembley in 1999 - He did actually smile / smirk at my "ooh ooh 1-0 Scotland...suits you"

I do love this programme too - they just come across as thoroughly decent blokes who would be excellent company.

• 7 months later...

Thought maybe that they had lost the touch, but then “all the major pastries” and boom. Still grinning like a goon.  

Needs to be an hour though.  I could genuinely watch the half hour shows on ten hour loops on YouTube. 

13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Needs to be an hour though.  I could genuinely watch the half hour shows on ten hour loops on YouTube. 

Fully agree.  It's just excellent TV.  Put it on last night while trying to get my 3 old to sleep and my wife ended up sitting watching it too instead of napping as planned.  It's just one of the most relaxing but enjoying programmes ever.