Mortimer and Whitehouse's heart healthy food.

Tony Ferrino

19 hours ago, Sonsrock said:

Brilliant tv, I had a funny feeling how it was going to end.
Still didn’t stop a wee involuntary ‘ah shit’ when it came up.

Both my wife (who watched the first episode with me and had a couple of digs about it being a shite programme about fishing, but has now watched the next two and is secretly loving it) and I had the exact same reaction when that came up.  "Awww shit"  

Not convinced there’s been any one moment of television that has made me smile as much as when Bob caught that bass. The excitement and glee in the pair of them was fucking brilliant.

There’s nothing fancy about the programme, just two funny mates having a good time in each other’s company, but it’s probably my favourite thing on tv at the minute. Just a full half hour of smiling.

Not convinced there’s been any one moment of television that has made me smile as much as when Bob caught that bass. The excitement and glee in the pair of them was fucking brilliant.

There’s nothing fancy about the programme, just two funny mates having a good time in each other’s company, but it’s probably my favourite thing on tv at the minute. Just a full half hour of smiling.

It’s gentle and funny and sad, isn’t it? I think the fact the they are both showing signs of ageing makes it a deeper thing than it might otherwise be, but it’s really terrific.

Very much in the Detectorists RIYL ballpark.

Reminds me of Detectorists, it would be rubbish without the camera work and locations, with a bit of fishing. Was there music? Imagine them sitting in a studio exchanging banter for half an hour. Only thing missing for me was showing the big hooks ripping the cheeks out of the fish's mouths before they were tenderly dropped back in the water. Bit dishonest, but suppose it would have spoilt the mood.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

And episode 1 features Mystic Wilf. Genuinely glorious TV. Far too short at half an hour.  

Agreed. It’s just lovely to watch.

Anybody know what town/village they were near. It looked nice.