Your Club's Top 5 Arseholes

7 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

This, absolutely this.  It's extremely pleasing to see Ratnamara's name appearing so prominently throughout this thread, for multiple clubs. He really was a sleekit wee b*****d. I recall another newspaper article once he had installed himself at Yinited (soon to strip them of their best players and take a nice wedge each time for himself - although from a Jags perspective that was quite funny) in which, in response to claims that Thistle hadn't seen a penny for him having left us mid season for another job, he said something about "keeping his own counsel", strongly implying that he somehow had the moral high ground and/or there was a story behind him leaving - other than a bigger job elsewhere.  He didn't, there wasn't, and they eventually coughed up.  It was a massively hypocritial attitude to try to deny us compensation and claim a promotion bonus (!!!) given that, as Armand2 said, he had a) left us with half a season to go, and b) bleated about Thistle's tight finances while with us.

His subsequent utter humiliation at York was also very very satisfying to see.  After safely securing them relegation out of the bottom division of the English leagues, Wiki tells us that:  " In October 2016, a 6–1 defeat against the division's bottom club, Guiseley, left York in 20th place in the National League" .  He stayed on as Chief Exec, bafflingly, and York are now in the sixth tier!

Looks like the Celtic job will have to wait, eh, Jackie??

I watched Yorks results while he was there and the reaction from the York support to them and Jackie.

It did not take very long to find out that he was a complete charlatan and for the demands for his head on a spike to begin.

He should not be allowed another job anywhere in the UK.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We were also a very decent side before the money problems, arguably would have won the league. I still have bad memories of the 5-1 drubbing at your ground. The players had chucked it. You were attractive to watch though with O’Donnel and the other full back bombing down the wings.

We were only a 'decent' side due to many years of overspending 

7 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Was this wrote by a Rangers fan, Pars fan, Dundee fan, Livi fan or an Utd fan?

I wrote it. I'm a Pars fan. Have been all my life. My first game was at East End in 1990.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I wrote it. I'm a Pars fan. Have been all my life. My first game was at East End in 1990.

Fair enough. It was hard to tell because that sentence isn't exclusive to 1 team

I shudder to think of the likes of BFDJ, Murdo and a number of former directors who've been involved at the club before my time, but since I've started going (~2003) we thankfully seem to have cut down on hosting such utter whompercunts. Nonetheless a few arseholes that spring to mind are...

Darren Brady - Probably not the worst guy in the world, but I hated him purely because he was so fucking bad at football - to this day the worst Thistle player I've ever seen. We had a sitter in a Cup quarter final at Tynecastle in 2006 to take them to a replay - unfortunately it fell to this little gimp who skied it a mile over the bar. I also remember he scored against us for Forfar at Firhill and gave a GIRFUY to the home support, before we proceeded to knock them out anyway (fun, unrelated fact: Kaunas scudded dead Rangers out the Champions League that same night).

Grant Murray - Contributed nothing and stole a living while we plummeted to successive relegations. Constantly pointed the finger at other players for his own failings too, but what probably made me take a strong dislike to him was that he managed to have some people fooled that he was an intelligent player playing below his level. Like Adam Barton without the modicum of talent.

Dick Campbell - To be honest I saw him as more of a pitiable figure well out of his depth than a genuine arsehole to begin with, but the pitchforks had to come out in the end as with even a few months longer in the position, we'd have been heading for Airdrie or even Clyde levels of obscurity. He clearly didn't have a clue how to manage the expectations of a full-time club and his signings, bizarre tactics and horrific performances proved it. Even so if he hadn't been filmed belting out the Sash on top of a pub table in Seville a few years later, I'd probably have left him off the list.

Ratnamara - That he's universally disliked in spite of having done much to improve the club underlines how much of an arsehole he is on a personal level. I think most understood why he left for Dundee United, but his actions afterwards were an unprecedented level of bawbaggery. He also penned a sitcom while with us that even the BBC decided looked about as funny as an ISIS execution.

Simon Donnelly - Divided the support as a player, but I liked him in the most part and thought he served us well over a number of years. I thought he was the obvious replacement for Ian McCall and was surprised that McNamara got the job without much fuss. However it became clear that this was because he lived to hang out of Jackie's arse. His servility undid his goodwill with the club by association, but pleasingly his mate dragged him into the gutter with him.

32 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Sackie Mcnafortune - he can away and shite. Cretin.

Csaba Laszlo 

Csaba Laszlo

Darren Jackson

Simon Donnelly

Gavin Gunning can be added to that list, the pick up the ball and walk off incident was embarrassing and will be remembered.

I remember him being at one of the lounge members and sponsors events on his first spell at the club, sure it was at the old Earl Grey hotel.

It could be just me but he struck me as not being the nicest or easiest person in the world to get on with.

Thankfully he is long gone from the club never to return.

13 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Gavin Gunning can be added to that list, the pick up the ball and walk off incident was embarrassing and will be remembered.

I remember him being at one of the lounge members and sponsors events on his first spell at the club, sure it was at the old Earl Grey hotel.

It could be just me but he struck me as not being the nicest or easiest person in the world to get on with.

It's fair to say Gunning is not the sharpest tool in the box.

The way things are going don't rule him out being our next manager.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Sackie Mcnafortune - he can away and shite. Cretin.

Csaba Laszlo 

Csaba Laszlo

Darren Jackson

Simon Donnelly

Give it to the end of the season and you'll probably want to remove one of the Laszlo's and replace him with Adam Barton. 

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

John Hillcoat - Worst keeper I've ever seen for any team. Used to write columns in the paper stating how he had played well for a team a few years back.... Couldn't play a f**k. 

Did he not also slate Ayr United and their fans in his column for giving him pelters after he threw in 5 goals one game?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Did he not also slate Ayr United and their fans in his column for giving him pelters after he threw in 5 goals one game?

Aye, he's a total fud. I actually feel like a knob for reading the column in the first place. Never looked, at any point, capable of saving any sort of strike/passback/soft pass directly to his feet.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Aye, he's a total fud. I actually feel like a knob for reading the column in the first place. Never looked, at any point, capable of saving any sort of strike/passback/soft pass directly to his feet.

I remember the game against Forfar we were winning 2-0 and then Ludo got sent off and Hillcoat came on as sub. About a minute after Hillcoat came on, the score was 2-2. He made an arse of a pass back later in the game for Forfar to take the lead too. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I remember the game against Forfar we were winning 2-0 and then Ludo got sent off and Hillcoat came on as sub. About a minute after Hillcoat came on, the score was 2-2. He made an arse of a pass back later in the game for Forfar to take the lead too. :lol:

I was at that game :-) 

You know what annoys me the most about John Hillcoat? 

The fact that, being a spiteful little shit that I am, on going to draw profanities and obscurities on his portrait, I notice how much he looks like..... 

JIMMY SOMERVILLE

I wish John Hillcoat would just Run away, turn away, run away, turn away..... 

DEXATI20180723201936.png

9 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Was close to adding him and Kuate but Gunning had potential to be a good defender when not being an arsehole. Occasionally. Laszlo, who, while being a nicer guy (not hard), is currently doing more damage than Gunning ever did.

9 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

:lol:

I'm stealing that.

Thank you.

No problem. Spread the hate for the c**t far and wide. Warn all football clubs!!! Except Dundee.

Stewart Kean - I always remember him missing a sitter against Rangers in our 1-0 defeat at Somerset (one where Amaruso spat on Grady) I have always believed to this day, it's because he's a diehard Rangers fan. (Being a Rangers fan doesn't make you an Arsehole, being an Ayr player and failing to score against Rangers because you support them does!) Which IMO makes him an Arsehole, not a bad player otherwise. 

Nah that's a mad theory. He was just dugmeat.

Archived