Your Club's Top 5 Arseholes

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/07/2018 at 13:10, Armand 2 said:

Jackie McNamara

The snaky b*****d himself. A greedy shyster who appears to have burned one too many bridges now.

Bailed at the first opportunity after a desperate newspaper article, revealing how much our players were earning and what a good job he was doing with such a budget, conveniently ignoring that we'd fallen behind Morton in the race and his team couldn't defend set-pieces. Shadily attempted to further derail our season by announcing the signing of Paton and Erskine before the crunch game with Morton at Firhill.

Thankfully we had Archie to shore up our defence and lead us, unbeaten, to the title. But even then, McNamara wanted a financial bonus from the club for a promotion that he wouldn't have achieved.

While I'm not entirely convinced that we would have won the title had McNamara stayed, it would have been a hell of a title race. Archibald was excellent when he took over and, as you said, shored up your backline and carried you over the line. 

1 hour ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Off to the nearest jakey gig and ask for a tenner bag, that's an abysmal comment to be making.

Whoosh...

On 20/07/2018 at 13:10, Armand 2 said:

Jackie McNamara

The snaky b*****d himself. A greedy shyster who appears to have burned one too many bridges now.

Bailed at the first opportunity after a desperate newspaper article, revealing how much our players were earning and what a good job he was doing with such a budget, conveniently ignoring that we'd fallen behind Morton in the race and his team couldn't defend set-pieces. Shadily attempted to further derail our season by announcing the signing of Paton and Erskine before the crunch game with Morton at Firhill.

Thankfully we had Archie to shore up our defence and lead us, unbeaten, to the title. But even then, McNamara wanted a financial bonus from the club for a promotion that he wouldn't have achieved.

This, absolutely this.  It's extremely pleasing to see Ratnamara's name appearing so prominently throughout this thread, for multiple clubs. He really was a sleekit wee b*****d. I recall another newspaper article once he had installed himself at Yinited (soon to strip them of their best players and take a nice wedge each time for himself - although from a Jags perspective that was quite funny) in which, in response to claims that Thistle hadn't seen a penny for him having left us mid season for another job, he said something about "keeping his own counsel", strongly implying that he somehow had the moral high ground and/or there was a story behind him leaving - other than a bigger job elsewhere.  He didn't, there wasn't, and they eventually coughed up.  It was a massively hypocritial attitude to try to deny us compensation and claim a promotion bonus (!!!) given that, as Armand2 said, he had a) left us with half a season to go, and b) bleated about Thistle's tight finances while with us.

His subsequent utter humiliation at York was also very very satisfying to see.  After safely securing them relegation out of the bottom division of the English leagues, Wiki tells us that:  " In October 2016, a 6–1 defeat against the division's bottom club, Guiseley, left York in 20th place in the National League" .  He stayed on as Chief Exec, bafflingly, and York are now in the sixth tier!

Looks like the Celtic job will have to wait, eh, Jackie??

On 7/20/2018 at 17:41, dingdong1929 said:

Is Gerry Farrell too long ago?  I loved him, thought he was brilliant, but then he threatened to put Cooper "in a box" and was released.

Ended up in prison, but I cant mind what for.

Something to do with gambling debts, IIRC,

I liked him too.  Cracking wee right back.

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

This, absolutely this.  It's extremely pleasing to see Ratnamara's name appearing so prominently throughout this thread, for multiple clubs. He really was a sleekit wee b*****d. I recall another newspaper article once he had installed himself at Yinited (soon to strip them of their best players and take a nice wedge each time for himself - although from a Jags perspective that was quite funny) in which, in response to claims that Thistle hadn't seen a penny for him having left us mid season for another job, he said something about "keeping his own counsel", strongly implying that he somehow had the moral high ground and/or there was a story behind him leaving - other than a bigger job elsewhere.  He didn't, there wasn't, and they eventually coughed up.  It was a massively hypocritial attitude to try to deny us compensation and claim a promotion bonus (!!!) given that, as Armand2 said, he had a) left us with half a season to go, and b) bleated about Thistle's tight finances while with us.

His subsequent utter humiliation at York was also very very satisfying to see.  After safely securing them relegation out of the bottom division of the English leagues, Wiki tells us that:  " In October 2016, a 6–1 defeat against the division's bottom club, Guiseley, left York in 20th place in the National League" .  He stayed on as Chief Exec, bafflingly, and York are now in the sixth tier!

I get pissed off thinking of the fact we gave Pressley the managers job, then I remember the alternative was the double act of McNamara and McCann. Bullet dodged there. 

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

We were also a very decent side before the money problems, arguably would have won the league. I still have bad memories of the 5-1 drubbing at your ground. The players had chucked it. You were attractive to watch though with O’Donnel and the other full back bombing down the wings.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

This, absolutely this.  It's extremely pleasing to see Ratnamara's name appearing so prominently throughout this thread, for multiple clubs.

The bizarre thing is that during his tenure at Tannadice we played some of the best football in decades before it went pear shaped.

Not sure how much was down to McNamara and how much it was to having some fantastic attacking players plus Andy Robertson.

I bet an interview with McNamara would show that he’s in near total denial of the wake of misery he left.

30 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

We were also a very decent side before the money problems, arguably would have won the league. I still have bad memories of the 5-1 drubbing at your ground. The players had chucked it. You were attractive to watch though with O’Donnel and the other full back bombing down the wings.

I was at that game, and it did epitomise the first half of that season - SOD and ATS were great wing-backs, and that was the day we knew we'd be near the top of the table. 

On the credit side, Ratnamara played champagne football at home for half a season (from memory, he signed SOD but most of the rest of the squad were McCall's players), and put us in a position to contend for the league.  Yinited got a similar short spell of silky football when he moved, to a strong squad of talented players... which he dismantled.

On the debit side is everything listed on this thread - chiefly his graceless, classless attitude when he left under a massive cloud and bad mouthed Thistle, his money-grubbing, plus our dodgy away form - which Archibald sorted out so that we ended up winning the league very comfortably and winning loads of games we had in hand, much to Morton's surprise.  Who knows if we would have done the same if Ratnamara had stayed to finish the job; it's certainly doubtful. 

George O'Boyle (druggie)
Leon Knight (nutcase)
David Bagan (hazy memory but sure he posed with St Johnstone gear while still at us
Barry John Corr (Sure he stormed off after one particular horror show)
John Baird/Mark Kerr (moles who tried to undermine the manager) Kerr at least had the decency to be a great player for us
Mark Millar (fat overweight wage thief) 

If we're using "druggie" as a reason then Lyle would surely be on your list? I think BJC was pretty dignified consider the disgusting amount of abuse he took. The only time I've been ashamed of our support was involving him. Booing a guy for just being in the line-up is shocking. If I was him I'd have behaved a lot worse towards our fans than he did. A bad player but don't class him as an arsehole.

The lack of QoS input probably isn't a coincidence. I've probably forgotten a major one but in general I can't think of many arseholes in my time. I'll go for the following:-

Brian Gilmour

A player with ability and promise who was absolute dugmeat for us. Far far worse players have been with us but his attitude was stinking. Sure he got into words with fans at Peterhead(?) due to his lack of effort. Him standing in the huff after Dobbie missed a penalty is also something I've never forgot.

Wullie McLaren

Going on rumours with him in all honesty. Heard he was just a wee ned. Another player with bags of potential but a stinking attitude. Apparently overheard leaving the ground saying "lets get out of this shithole".

John Baird

Spat the dummy because he wasn't getting a game ahead of better strikers. Obviously thinks he's a better player than he is. The fact he seems to get wound up by our support and always plays utter shite as a result makes it almost worth it though.

Mark Millar

Bossed games against us when he was at Falkirk. Could count on one hand the amount of times he did it for us. Another with bags of potential but a rotten attitude (a pattern seems to be emerging). One of the best things GN did was getting shot of the waste of space pronto.

A Certain Person Behind the Scenes*

Just going by rumours again (from good sources) but the person in question has nothing to do with the first team but seems to think otherwise. Sooner they go the better by the sound of things. It's not SD, honest!

Honourable/Controversial Mentions

Ian McCall

The guy just has an arsrhole personality tbh.

Gordon Chisholm

Ridiculous considering he was at the helm for our most successful period. But to leave our generation's best player on the bench in Europe for Stewart Kean was beyond an arsehole move. It was utterly ridiculous.

Mark Kerr

Possibly. From what I've been told happened to cause his release (see *) then I don't hold any grudges about his actions though. Cracking player for us as well.

If we're using "druggie" as a reason then Lyle would surely be on your list? I think BJC was pretty dignified consider the disgusting amount of abuse he took. The only time I've been ashamed of our support was involving him. Booing a guy for just being in the line-up is shocking. If I was him I'd have behaved a lot worse towards our fans than he did. A bad player but don't class him as an arsehole.

The lack of QoS input probably isn't a coincidence. I've probably forgotten a major one but in general I can't think of many arseholes in my time. I'll go for the following:-

Brian Gilmour

A player with ability and promise who was absolute dugmeat for us. Far far worse players have been with us but his attitude was stinking. Sure he got into words with fans at Peterhead(?) due to his lack of effort. Him standing in the huff after Dobbie missed a penalty is also something I've never forgot.

Wullie McLaren

Going on rumours with him in all honesty. Heard he was just a wee ned. Another player with bags of potential but a stinking attitude. Apparently overheard leaving the ground saying "lets get out of this shithole".

John Baird

Spat the dummy because he wasn't getting a game ahead of better strikers. Obviously thinks he's a better player than he is. The fact he seems to get wound up by our support and always plays utter shite as a result makes it almost worth it though.

Mark Millar

Bossed games against us when he was at Falkirk. Could count on one hand the amount of times he did it for us. Another with bags of potential but a rotten attitude (a pattern seems to be emerging). One of the best things GN did was getting shot of the waste of space pronto.

Just going by rumours again (from good sources) but the person in question has nothing to do with the first team but seems to think otherwise. Sooner they go the better by the sound of things. It's not SD, honest!

Ian McCall

Gordon Chisholm

Ridiculous considering he was at the helm for our most successful period. But to leave our generation's best player on the bench in Europe for Stewart Kean was beyond an arsehole move. It was utterly ridiculous.

Mark Kerr

Possibly. From what I've been told happened to cause his release (see *) then I don't hold any grudges about his actions though. Cracking player for us as well.

Any chance you could squeeze in Frank McGarvey for me?

Any chance you could squeeze in Frank McGarvey for me?
No, I've went over my allowance as it is. You'll just need to think hard for those other 4.

I have faith you can do it.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Brian Gilmour

Wullie McLaren

John Baird

Mark Millar

Ian McCall

Gordon Chisholm

Mark Kerr

So what's the difference in booing BGC and Lyndon? Or what about the booing towards Murray who's just a young boy? Or was it only the once concerning BJC  that you were ashamed of our fans? 

24 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

So what's the difference in booing BGC and Lyndon? Or what about the booing towards Murray who's just a young boy? Or was it only the once concerning BJC  that you were ashamed of our fans? 

I must be deaf - I’ve never heard anyone “boo” Murray or Dykes during a game! 

Neither Lyndon or Murray have endured anything close to the abuse BJC received. I don't think either of those two have actually ever been booed. Like every other QoS player in history they'll have been grumbled at from the fans after one too many poor crosses or touches but I can't ever recall them being booed when their name was read from the teamsheet. No matter what GN will try and have people believe last season.

I've never witnessed anything like how BJC was treated and the fact some of the morons in our support had the audacity to have a go at the guy when he gave it back was embarrassingly laughable.

On 20/07/2018 at 13:44, Richey Edwards said:

My grandpa never forgave him.

Judas Sludden

Michael Moore

Gordon Dalziel (yes, he took the team to it's first and only major Final, but by all accounts an absolute p***k who should have done a lot better with the cash at his disposal)

John Hillcoat

David Lowing

Sorry not read the rest of the thread so apologies if you've answered, but what's Lowing on the list for? 

I'm a sort of relative through my uncle marrying into his family 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sorry not read the rest of the thread so apologies if you've answered, but what's Lowing on the list for? 

I'm a sort of relative through my uncle marrying into his family 

You answered your own question :angel

Archived