• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Viduka

Charlie Nicholas

Kenny Miller

Craig Burley

Mo Johnston

Edit ** I appreciate this was posted in 'Championship' forum, but i didnt realise that at the time as i clocked it on the sidebar as recent post and commented.. Thats my 2 cents anyway, done now, f**k it

26 minutes ago, KHVRN said:

Mark Viduka

Charlie Nicholas

Kenny Miller

Craig Burley

Mo Johnston

Edit ** I appreciate this was posted in 'Championship' forum, but i didnt realise that at the time as i clocked it on the sidebar as recent post and commented.. Thats my 2 cents anyway, done now, f**k it

1173855.jpg

Alex Bone

John Stewart

Ross Tokely

Derek Adams (like Dr. Pepper, he's so misunderstood...)

Adam Strachan

Edit:  Paul Bradshaw is a good shout.  Most of his hi-jinx occurred at Inverness, so I'll leave him out.

Ian Black

Iain Vigurs

Paul Bradshaw

Really struggling for a 4th and 5th.  Tokely is immune because he was the absolute boy.

2 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Where the f****** b******ing f*** have you put Scott Leitch?

He was incompetent, but was he that much of a jerk?  I have very few memories of that season.

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Alex Bone

John Stewart

Ross Tokely

Derek Adams (like Dr. Pepper, he's so misunderstood...)

Adam Strachan

Edit:  Paul Bradshaw is a good shout.  Most of his hi-jinx occurred at Inverness, so I'll leave him out.

Unsure why John Stewart is in there. Awful footballer but seemed like the kind of guy who would give you directions if you asked him.

I'll nominate Alex Williams. Once had to have a meeting at County about his discipline and fitness but he was nowhere to be seen. Someone eventually found him on the Dingwall High Street bookies eating a sausage supper. :lol:

9 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Unsure why John Stewart is in there. Awful footballer but seemed like the kind of guy who would give you directions if you asked him.

I'll nominate Alex Williams. Once had to have a meeting at County about his discipline and fitness but he was nowhere to be seen. Someone eventually found him on the Dingwall High Street bookies eating a sausage supper. :lol:

Alex Williams is a good call, too.  I forgot all about him.  He scored about a million goals for Ayr and Morton, but turned out to be hopeless.

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

The opposite of the legends thread, and following on from a poll on the Morton fourm.

James Grady

Marc Fitzpatrick

Jim McInally (not a player but f**k it, it's my topic and he's in)

Davie Graham

Scott McLaughlin

No Dean Keenan after this week?

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Alex Williams is a good call, too.  I forgot all about him.  He scored about a million goals for Ayr and Morton, but turned out to be hopeless.

He's a convicted drug dealer now I believe.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Lyle Taylor 

What was the problem with him? I remember one freezing night when we were in the throes of going bust when he scored a couple against us but took the time to give the home fans a clap and got a good reaction back.

In no particular order and non-players included...

Kenny Brannigan

A truly awful footballer. It's difficult to properly explain how bad he was. Usually, there's at least a minority of the support who think a player isn't quite as bad as others say; Brannigan was universally despised.

He used to own a boozer in the Calton which a Thistle fan I know used to frequent occasionally. He walked in one time to find out he was barred - because, in the words of Mrs. Brannigan, "yous lot got mah Kenny sacked". 

Think he managed that all by himself, hen.

Jackie McNamara

The snaky b*****d himself. A greedy shyster who appears to have burned one too many bridges now.

Bailed at the first opportunity after a desperate newspaper article, revealing how much our players were earning and what a good job he was doing with such a budget, conveniently ignoring that we'd fallen behind Morton in the race and his team couldn't defend set-pieces. Shadily attempted to further derail our season by announcing the signing of Paton and Erskine before the crunch game with Morton at Firhill.

Thankfully we had Archie to shore up our defence and lead us, unbeaten, to the title. But even then, McNamara wanted a financial bonus from the club for a promotion that he wouldn't have achieved.

Kenny Milne

I fucking deplored Kenny Milne.

Much like Adam Barton last season, he was everything that was wrong with the team that slipped to consecutive relegations. He was a talented player who never bothered his arse at Firhill. In a similar fashion to Ryan Edwards, he was out the door whilst the season's final whistle was still echoing. 

Jimmy Bone

For the older generation, Jimmy Bone is a hero and quite rightly so.

However, for my generation, we'll remember Jimmy Bone as the man who denied one of our most loyal players, Kenny Arthur, the farewell that he deserved. It was the last game of the season (sure it was a drab 0-0 against Livingston), absolutely nothing to play for after narrowly escaping relegation. We'd already made two subs and there was about 20 minutes left. Everyone was primed for the King to come on for his final appearance after it had been confirmed he'd be leaving at the end of the season. Bone brought on someone else, might even have been a loan player. A despicable old c**t.

Adam Strachan

The great white hope.

Fast tracked into the team and touted as a star, much was hoped for Strachan who occasionally looked like he could be a player.

Whilst with us though, he was just a bit of a bam-pot, fighting with Marc Smyth which ultimately ended Smyth's Thistle career - sure there was chat that someone fell out a window during the fight which sounds suitably comedic for Thistle. His bam-pottery was relatively innocent then but since leaving us, obviously took a more sinister turn with knife possession, domestic violence and drug dealing. Reckon that suitably qualifies him as an arsehole.

Special mention to Abdul Osman and Adam Barton who, in the fullness of time, might qualify for future lists.

Stephen McConalogue handing out business cards with "Professional Footballer at Dundee United" whilst playing for us nearly got him in but maybe not Top 5 worthy - would certainly make a Top 10.

Couldn't bring myself to include Jordan McMillan despite him trying unsuccessfully to sully the club's name in the press after his drug bust. He was in the Thistle support for the first leg at Livi so maybe he's got over it. A sad waste of a very good player.

Archived