Heard it through the grapevine.....

BigJasper

Hearing rumours that former Larkhall Thistle, Larkhall Amateurs, Lesmahagow (?!?) and recent Arthurlie signing  defender Scott Nicholl has been banned from all football for six months and received a hefty fine.

Hearing rumours that former Larkhall Thistle, Larkhall Amateurs, Lesmahagow (?!?) and recent Arthurlie signing  defender Scott Nicholl has been banned from all football for six months and received a hefty fine.
It's true

I would hope Arthurlie as a club knew nothing about it but find it hard to believe the new manager wouldn't have known.  Surely he shouldn't have been signed until the outcome of any disciplinary action was known. 

I would hope Arthurlie as a club knew nothing about it but find it hard to believe the new manager wouldn't have known.  Surely he shouldn't have been signed until the outcome of any disciplinary action was known. 

I was common knowledge in the local football circles that a ban for Scott was expected after the going on at Larkhall ammies so I’m pretty sure Sinky would’ve known about it.

Maybe he thought it was a risk worth taking, he did have scott at Larkhall for a number of seasons

I was common knowledge in the local football circles that a ban for Scott was expected after the going on at Larkhall ammies so I’m pretty sure Sinky would’ve known about it.

Maybe he thought it was a risk worth taking, he did have scott at Larkhall for a number of seasons
I'm surprised Sinky signed him again after giving him chance after chance about his on field conduct,then he eventually left

6 hours ago, Viewparker said:

What happened?

It’s not my place to speculate on the exact events but there is an extensive thread on the Amateurs forum about the Amateur team and their ultimate demise

13 minutes ago, BigJasper said:

It’s not my place to speculate on the exact events but there is an extensive thread on the Amateurs forum about the Amateur team and their ultimate demise

you didn't mind starting a shit-stirring thread about it though. 

:D Not stirring.  A former player of ours has been banned from football only a couple of weeks after rejoining the junior ranks.  Would have posted it in the Thistle thread but it doesn’t affect us any longer

They are playing under the new name Motherwell Thistle can't remember what league they are and they still have nearly all the same players,all I can say is good luck too them and hopefully their conduct on and off the park is better

Does the ban extend to junior football as a ex team mate of mine got a 6 month ban during him amateur days but was allowed to play with Yoker so mabye that’s the reason he’s went junior this season and not joined another amateur team

I'm surprised Sinky signed him again after giving him chance after chance about his on field conduct,then he eventually left

On field conduct? Scott never did anything wrong when he played for larkhall juniors I have watched them many times when he was playing for the thistle and was a big miss when he left.

On field conduct? Scott never did anything wrong when he played for larkhall juniors I have watched them many times when he was playing for the thistle and was a big miss when he left.
Obviously you never watched them enough

Obviously you never watched them enough

You obviously can’t explain your statement? I watched them many times and I am pretty sure Hugh kelly and Ryan innes got sent off more times than the boy Nichol... the boy nichol is a very good player was sad to see him leave the thistle

You obviously can’t explain your statement? I watched them many times and I am pretty sure Hugh kelly and Ryan innes got sent off more times than the boy Nichol... the boy nichol is a very good player was sad to see him leave the thistle
He is a good player,but it's a bad day when Sinky had to give him a final warning about his on field conduct and that was the year we got promoted;he got sent off in the game against the Gow up there;ok we won 2-1 but that was the last straw for the big man not long after that he left and went to the Ammies,we all know the rest now

He is a good player,but it's a bad day when Sinky had to give him a final warning about his on field conduct and that was the year we got promoted;he got sent off in the game against the Gow up there;ok we won 2-1 but that was the last straw for the big man not long after that he left and went to the Ammies,we all know the rest now

Cant be that bad if Sinky is taken him to athurlie, sounds to me like you just have it in for the guy

30 minutes ago, Bigjeffery said:

Cant be that bad if Sinky is taken him to athurlie, sounds to me like you just have it in for the guy

I've got to agree with you on this. If his discipline was as bad as some are making out, why would Sinclair take him to Arthurlie?  I haven't seen the boy play so i cant say too much about him . I would reckon the Arthurlie committee would need to have a word with Sinclair to find out what he knew about any impending long term ban facing this player.  

Archived