Transit at Frankfurt

The Master

A relatively simple question - is 55 minutes long enough to transit through Frankfurt, from non-Schengen to Schengen? 

Lufthansa seem to think it is but sometimes reality and theory don't quite coincide.  Obviously LH would need to sort things if I did miss the connection, but it would be  preferable to avoid that sort of hassle.

Ta.

22 minutes ago, The Master said:

A relatively simple question - is 55 minutes long enough to transit through Frankfurt, from non-Schengen to Schengen? 

Lufthansa seem to think it is but sometimes reality and theory don't quite coincide.  Obviously LH would need to sort things if I did miss the connection, but it would be  preferable to avoid that sort of hassle.

Ta.

Tight. Do you have hold luggage or hand only?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Tight. Do you have hold luggage or hand only?

Possibly hold. But it's a straight-through ticket which should mean that's transferred.

1 hour ago, Adamski said:

It's pretty tight. It's a big airport and getting between terminals (if that's something you need to do) is a bit of a faff.

It looks like both flights are T1, which is a bonus I guess.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

This might be helpful.

Fast lanes

Thanks. That's a bit more encouraging.

I think I'll just go for it. The price of the flights is pretty decent and a through ticket does mean it's not really my problem if I miss the onward flight.  There is a later LH flight from FRA but it would be an extra £100. So my hope is that if there's any issue, I'd be able to get a seat on that instead. 

Not Frankfurt, but flew into Munich from Asia with a 50 minute connection onwards to Sweden and a change of terminal. Was convinced I would never make it. Done it with 20 minutes to spare. The fast track clearance was a breeze. Would guess Frankurt would be the same. Was also Lufthansa.

Archived