FA Cup 2018/19

Eednud

The FA Cup first-round tie between Haringey Borough and AFC Wimbledon will be televised live on BBC Two.

Non-league Haringey will welcome League One side Wimbledon to Coles Park Stadium on Friday, 9 November, with kick-off at 19:55 GMT.

Haringey, who play in the Isthmian League Premier Division, beat Poole Town 2-1 to reach the first round for the first time in their history.

Wimbledon have reached the third round in the past two season.

Three other first-round fixtures - Maidenhead United v Portsmouth, Port Vale v Sunderland and Hampton and Richmond Borough v Oldham - will be broadcast on BT Sport across the weekend.

Portsmouth travel to Maidenhead on Saturday, 10 November (12:30 GMT), while Port Vale welcome Sunderland the following day (14:30 GMT).

League Two's Oldham are away to Hampton and Richmond Borough on the Monday night (19:45 GMT).

A game from every stage of the 2018-19 FA Cup will be broadcast on the BBC as well as live-streamed across BBC Sport's digital platforms.

Audiences will be able to watch the game live on PC, mobile or Connected TV. Matches will also be available live and on-demand on BBC iPlayer.

• 2 weeks later...

First Round Proper gets underway tonight followed by the majority of games tomorrow, some on Sunday and one on Monday. Televised games are listed 2 posts up. Six “non-league” clubs guaranteed progress. Three level 7 clubs made it this far. Tonight Haringey Borough v AFC Wimbledon (4), tomorrow The Bill are at home to Newport County (4) and Sunday Hitchin Town v Solihull Moors (5). Sunday also sees the Welsh non-leaguers Wrexham (5) away to Weston-super-Mare (6). Hopefully a few upsets to come. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45994715

The first round has only just started and I'm already getting annoyed of the patronising way the commentators talk about non-league sides. Yes, these guys are part time and have another job, we get it!

Edited by Marten

1 hour ago, Marten said:

The first round has only just started and I'm already getting annoyed of the patronising way the commentators talk about non-league sides. Yes, these guys are part time and have another job, we get it!

They should be banned from mentioning it. Been to Haringey Borough a few times it’s an easy walk from an early kick off at Spurs. Didn’t think I’d ever see them on the telly. 

17 hours ago, Marten said:

I love the FA cup but hate that.  English Non-League football is a lot of fun with some entertaining sides and some great people in the clubs.  

Meanwhile I'm watching Maidenhead get pumped by Portsmouth, not a great contest but the largest crowd at Maidenhead since 1969

Second Round Draw

Guiseley vs Fleetwood Town

Bury vs Luton Town

Wrexham vs Newport County

Tranmere Rovers or Oxford City vs Southport

Southend United or Crawley Town vs Barnsley

Shrewsbury Town or Salford City vs Scunthorpe United

Solihull Moors vs Blackpool

Chesterfield or Billericay Town vs Grimsby Town

Peterborough United vs Aldershot Town or Bradford City

Swindon Town vs Woking

Maidstone United vs Hampton and Richmond or Oldham