FA Cup 2018/19

Eednud

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Sorry. 50 Million. 40 million. Maybe 45 million.

Who the f**k knows ?  Whatever it is, I would expect that it's a figure that should stop a team being humiliated 6-0 in a national cup final. Of course, unless you're up against another side that can actually spend 150-200 million on players.

Or maybe it's 500 million. Or a billion. We can't be far away from that. 

The very fact that you're arguing over these insane figures proves how utterly laughable English football is. 

With the clean sweep in Europe this season I don’t think any of us up here or abroad can laugh. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Rab B Nesbit said:

With the clean sweep in Europe this season I don’t think any of us up here or abroad can laugh. 

I'm not laughing.

It's the reward that that kinds of money deserves. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm not laughing.

It's the reward that that kinds of money deserves. 

‘these insane figures proves how utterly laughable English football is’ 

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Next thread ruined.

Until next season fa cup. Enjoy

Starts on 10.8.19 with the extra preliminary round. I prefer the early rounds but any on who can't enjoy an exhibition of skill and ruthless intent like that clearly doesn't like football.

13 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Who the f**k knows ?  Whatever it is, I would expect that it's a figure that should stop a team being humiliated 6-0 in a national cup final. Of course, unless you're up against another side that can actually spend 150-200 million on players.

The very fact that you're arguing over these insane figures proves how utterly laughable English football is. 

Did you say this when Aberdeen paid £1m for a coo like Paul Bernard, because Brechin couldn't afford to do the same?

I'm not really getting the outburst about money, considering the disparity up here. 

Theres folk up here getting paid £2k/£3k a week - a very healthy wage per week and they can't even trap a fucking football. They're professional footballers. 

The world of football is fucked from the taes up. 

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Starts on 10.8.19 with the extra preliminary round. I prefer the early rounds but any on who can't enjoy an exhibition of skill and ruthless intent like that clearly doesn't like football.

The best part of it Sarge. Usually manage to get to a few early rounds. Saw 3 games this season. 

EPR ... City of Liverpool 1-1 Glossop NE 

QR4 ... Dunston 0-4 Gateshead 

R3 ... Wolves 2-1 Liverpool 

F*ck me, people are defending this garbage ? 
Watford are a club that are probably in the top 30 richest clubs worldwide....certainly within the top 25 in Europe.....and yet they've been utterly humiliated because despite all that, despite their transfer budget of over 50 million pounds, they're terrified by and simply can't compete with a club that can spend 3 or 4 times that.
English football has become Formula 1......it's fucking shite and has nothing to do with true competition (Leicester was the exception that proves the rule)......money dictates everything. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Was at the game with a Watford supporting mate, thought they were unlucky with the obvious first half chances before pretty much chucking two into their own net then being blown away in the second half.

As a neutral found the whole atmosphere quite weird for a cup final though. Watford fans were great at waving their flags and I’m sure it looked good on tv, but at times you could actually hear the sound of thousands of shitey plastic flags being waved because there was no singing or noise going on along with it.

Similarly, the Man City fans sat on their hands most of the time other than goals scored and even then they seemed subdued after the 3rd. Was verging on polite applause at the other goals.

On the fans in their seat chat, I couldn’t believe how few people were back out for the start of the second half, and I don’t just mean in the hospitality level. Folk just seem to want to skelp a £6 pint of Bud (or two if possible) and get a pish in before coming back out to watch the game. Mental.

Have attached a photo taken a minute or so after 2nd half KO, everyc*nt was at the bar or in the pisser, you can see the amount of empty seats as the game is going on IMG_0916.thumb.jpg.5ce4f8ffc429fd3d8a801d3884ef084a.jpg

7 hours ago, jagtastic said:

Was at the game with a Watford supporting mate, thought they were unlucky with the obvious first half chances before pretty much chucking two into their own net then being blown away in the second half.

As a neutral found the whole atmosphere quite weird for a cup final though. Watford fans were great at waving their flags and I’m sure it looked good on tv, but at times you could actually hear the sound of thousands of shitey plastic flags being waved because there was no singing or noise going on along with it.

Similarly, the Man City fans sat on their hands most of the time other than goals scored and even then they seemed subdued after the 3rd. Was verging on polite applause at the other goals.

On the fans in their seat chat, I couldn’t believe how few people were back out for the start of the second half, and I don’t just mean in the hospitality level. Folk just seem to want to skelp a £6 pint of Bud (or two if possible) and get a pish in before coming back out to watch the game. Mental.

Have attached a photo taken a minute or so after 2nd half KO, everyc*nt was at the bar or in the pisser, you can see the amount of empty seats as the game is going on 

I thought that the atmosphere as a whole seemed weird. The whole thing seemed subdued, even the celebrations at the end. 

12 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It is becoming ridiculous, but I don't agree with the criticism of Watford, it's the system that is at fault. In football the gap in ability becomes larger the further up the levels you go, it's exponential. For example if you just look at Scotland, there's very little between the best Lowland/Highland leagues, League Two and even some League One sides, but the higher you go through the leagues the more the differences in quality are exaggerated, which is why Celtic are about to win 9 trophies out of 9. And that's just Scotland where there is no money.

What you are seeing in England is this process on steroids due to the money available at thr top clubs. Man City and Liverpool's points totals just show how far ahead they are now, the European Finals being all English sides also shows this, and City thumping Watford is the icing on the cake. By league position there isn't a huge difference between City and Watford, in reality there is an absolute chasm between them. The top 6 in England are going to get further and further ahead. The Premier League will still be watchable to some because within that top 6 you will get changes and title challenges, but you are going to get more of what you got this season which is teams winning a ridiculous amount of games to the point where it becomes boring and predictable. The rich are becoming richer which means the gap to teams like Watford, who to us look very wealthy, is becoming so large that they just can't compete on that level.

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The top 6 in England are going to get further and further ahead. The Premier League will still be watchable to some because within that top 6 you will get changes and title challenges, but you are going to get more of what you got this season which is teams winning a ridiculous amount of games to the point where it becomes boring and predictable. The rich are becoming richer which means the gap to teams like Watford, who to us look very wealthy, is becoming so large that they just can't compete on that level.

can't wait for the inception of a full-time european super league and a return to a more level playing field in england, germany, italy, france, spain and the netherlands; if it's a closed shop with no promotion/relegation to the national leagues below, so much the better, it'll be much easer to tune out the whole thing; I'd like to think it would force a rethink in the mindset of the remaining domestic leagues to a focus on the preservation of a competitive structure rather than mindlessly pursuing a second iteration of the same elitism which prompted the initial breakaway (ie fifteen years down road, the new 'top six' are looking to leave the rest behind again); a more nuanced distribution of the new TV money and an end to parachute payments would be a good start; i'd throw in quotas for home-grown players, restrictions on loan arrangements, league-wide distribution of transfer fees for players elevated to the Euro league and anything else that mitigates against a regurgitation of the current structure; it will require a whole new mindset from all concerned to make it viable, but if we're looking at the 2025 championship decider seeing wolves and newcastle play each other - fucking brilliant; liverpool and barcelona will probably be playing out the decisive game of the Huawei Super Smashing Euro League in singapore with a 07:30  bst kick off or whatever by then anyway...

2 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

can't wait for the inception of a full-time european super league and a return to a more level playing field in england, germany, italy, france, spain and the netherlands; if it's a closed shop with no promotion/relegation to the national leagues below, so much the better, it'll be much easer to tune out the whole thing; I'd like to think it would force a rethink in the mindset of the remaining domestic leagues to a focus on the preservation of a competitive structure rather than mindlessly pursuing a second iteration of the same elitism which prompted the initial breakaway (ie fifteen years down road, the new 'top six' are looking to leave the rest behind again); a more nuanced distribution of the new TV money and an end to parachute payments would be a good start; i'd throw in quotas for home-grown players, restrictions on loan arrangements, league-wide distribution of transfer fees for players elevated to the Euro league and anything else that mitigates against a regurgitation of the current structure; it will require a whole new mindset from all concerned to make it viable, but if we're looking at the 2025 championship decider seeing wolves and newcastle play each other - fucking brilliant; liverpool and barcelona will probably be playing out the decisive game of the Huawei Super Smashing Euro League in singapore with a 07:30  bst kick off or whatever by then anyway...

Where will your beloved Man United be playing Herman ... !? :D 

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just watched the highlights. City were very good but Watford were awful defensively.

City are the best English club side for a long, long time.

They are but only won the League by 1 point and are out of the big one.