FA Cup 2018/19

Eednud

22 minutes ago, The DA said:

Do Millwall fans still have a reputation?  I thought that disappeared twenty years ago?

They're still at it. The Everton game in 4th round had quite a bit of trouble, and everytime they go to Wembley there are problems. West Ham v Millwall in about 2010 is also the only time I've felt genuinely unsafe at a game.

There's an odd contrast between their scumbag fans and the club, as the club do a power of good in the local community. They do far more outreach stuff than some of the Premier League clubs.

28 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Why does the bottom tier of the away stand never have any people in it?

Just a lack of demand?

I was at the Norwich game there a few weeks back and there was plenty of people in the bottom tier.

Hope Millwall go through. 

Just now, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

They're still at it. The Everton game in 4th round had quite a bit of trouble, and everytime they go to Wembley there are problems. West Ham v Millwall in about 2010 is also the only time I've felt genuinely unsafe at a game.

There's an odd contrast between their scumbag fans and the club, as the club do a power of good in the local community. They do far more outreach stuff than some of the Premier League clubs.

After I posted, I had a quick trawl and that seems to be the consensus - a good community club but a small number of scummy fans keeping the attendances low.

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Surely the Everton fans were equally as scummy though. West Ham too. 

3 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

I was at the Norwich game there a few weeks back and there was plenty of people in the bottom tier.

Hope Millwall go through. 

They do seem to allow it on rare occasions. Presumably Millwall v Norwich wasn't considered high risk. 

I was at Millwall v Ipswich in October and it genuinely felt like a family club.
Maybe a bit dysfunctional and foul mouthed but there seemed to be a genuine sense of belonging.
The only other London club I've found that with is West Ham.

18 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I was at Millwall v Ipswich in October and it genuinely felt like a family club.
Maybe a bit dysfunctional and foul mouthed but there seemed to be a genuine sense of belonging.
The only other London club I've found that with is West Ham.

They represent a fairly distinct area and don't draw much from beyond it. Gentrification of the surrounding area and oligarch owners of rivals creates a siege mentality. They were mental before that as well to be fair.