Whitlets vics

Thereporter

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumbernauld looked a pretty descent side today, especially in the 2nd half. I hope they are one of the top teams this season or it could be a tough Season ahead. I’m still confident of staying up but to be honest Cumbernauld were good.

I wish them the best of luck for the rest of the season and I think they could have an outside chance of promotion.

As for Whitletts I think a mid table finish which I’m sure most will be happy with.

Cumbernauld looked a pretty descent side today, especially in the 2nd half. I hope they are one of the top teams this season or it could be a tough Season ahead. I’m still confident of staying up but to be honest Cumbernauld were good.
I wish them the best of luck for the rest of the season and I think they could have an outside chance of promotion.
As for Whitletts I think a mid table finish which I’m sure most will be happy with.
I would be happy with staying up this season plus it's only the first game of the season

4 hours ago, Whittlets vic said:
16 hours ago, iPhone said:

I would be happy with staying up this season plus it's only the first game of the season

No shame in losing against one of the league favs. 

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:26, iPhone said:

Enjoyed our visit to Dam Park on Saturday and delighted to come away with the 3 points and a clean sheet. Whitlets had a couple of half chances early on but 2 quick goals just before the break ensured it was always going to be difficult for them in the second half. We definitely raised our game in the second 45 minutes and played some nice procession football and looked solid in defence. Three of our new midfield signings all scored and more to come from this Cumbernauld team as our injury situation eases over the coming weeks. Think Whitlets will hold their own on this evidence and we wish them well for the season.  

3 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

How do you know they had white numbers then?

Very good point. :thumsup2  Ok, from the grandstand they were almost invisible in the bright sunshine at the start of the game, and in the almost complete darkness at the end of the game they were just impossible to see. Even the Whitletts fans sitting beside me couldn't tell me who had been sent off in the 90th minute.

Very good point. :thumsup2  Ok, from the grandstand they were almost invisible in the bright sunshine at the start of the game, and in the almost complete darkness at the end of the game they were just impossible to see. Even the Whitletts fans sitting beside me couldn't tell me who had been sent off in the 90th minute.

You love to exaggerate Peter. From not being able to see numbers, to playing in complete darkness. Maybe we should just go amateur 🤦🏻‍♂️

You love to exaggerate Peter. From not being able to see numbers, to playing in complete darkness. Maybe we should just go amateur 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm not sure what the "go amateur" comment is about, as white numbers would still be almost invisible on yellow shirts at any level of football from the distance the supporters area is away from the pitch at Dam Park.

Whitletts deserve credit though for having people on each side of the pitch with extra match balls to get the game moving again quickly, given the wide open area of the athletics arena.

Archived