Away Day Guide

On 29/09/2019 at 10:16, Angusfifer said:

Went to the Hole In The Wall yesterday in Falkirk. Decent enough boozer but let down by showing an English game in favour of the Scottish game on the screens...

Hole In The Wall used to be a pub in Linlithgow or a gang hideout for Butch Cassidy and his pal - maybe you meant Behind The Wall in Falkirk - should have asked at the bar to change the channel - good pub though

40 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Hole In The Wall used to be a pub in Linlithgow or a gang hideout for Butch Cassidy and his pal - maybe you meant Behind The Wall in Falkirk - should have asked at the bar to change the channel - good pub though

That was it. Thoroughly merited red dot.

I did ask. Apparently the customers like their EPL fix. Disappointing...

On 30/09/2019 at 09:41, stainrod76 said:

Where’s decent in Kirkcaldy these days pre match for away fans. Not been through for a few years, last few times was at Rugby club or the Estuary. 

Don’t particularly want to go into town centre if can be helped. Somewhere with live football on also

My personal preference is the Penny Farthing, about a 15 minute walk from the ground. An old fashioned boozer but maybe not suitable for a bus load of supporters. No big screens but I think they do show any live football that's on...

On 02/10/2019 at 22:38, Angusfifer said:

My personal preference is the Penny Farthing, about a 15 minute walk from the ground. An old fashioned boozer but maybe not suitable for a bus load of supporters. No big screens but I think they do show any live football that's on...

Kirkcaldy golf club is decent for a few before the game. Food and beer and a decent sized car park.

Just up from the rugby club on the same road. They will cater for biggish parties of you let them know in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the ground itself for a few pound, that includes a half time draw ticket. Area around the ground can be busy, morrisons or the retail park, 5 or 10 minute walk.

Car parking at Dumbarton for away fans? Thinking of driving over on Saturday

Have trawled this thread but can’t see anything other than The Plough mentioned for Forfar, which is permanently shut now according to google. We’ll be up early doors and looking for somewhere to get a pub lunch and maybe watch the early game within walking distance of the ground.

17 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Have trawled this thread but can’t see anything other than The Plough mentioned for Forfar, which is permanently shut now according to google. We’ll be up early doors and looking for somewhere to get a pub lunch and maybe watch the early game within walking distance of the ground.

Dont know if it does food but Thistle Bar in Forfar was a decent enough boozer with friendly staff that were showing the early game when we were up in August. About 10mins walk to the ground.

19 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Don't know about food but the Caledonian bar is the closest to the ground and was decent. Proximity means it has an atmosphere, little alcove with a pool table if that's your thing, and had the football on (I think - you might want to check that). Also if you google it the two pictures that come up are one of the building of the pub itself and the other being a group o Rovers fans!