Away Day Guide

On 10/06/2019 at 21:46, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

On the Clyde front, the best bet I can see is a train to Cumbernauld and a visit to the pool hall bar (the red triangle - google saying a 20 min walk from station. Fb website says lots of pool tables and bt/sky and plenty teles. Two questions for locals: Juke box? Ease of getting a taxi on Saturday late morning/mid afternoon from station to pool hall, then pool hall to stadium? Either way, I’ve never been so anyone trying it out might want to call ahead and see what the script is). Then a taxi to the ground and then a walk to Croy for the train home. 

ETA - hipflask for the journey back from croy (mixer if required from the BP) until further supplies can be purchased at haymarket. Sorted!

ETA - from the website the smiddy also has one pool table plus bt/sky (it’s a bellhaven pub so it looks a wee bit soulless but serves food etc.).

There’s a taxi office at the train station and the Triangle is a taxi effort. The pool tables are downstairs and I don’t know if it’ll be open (5pm onwards weekdays from memory). There’s a Weatherspoons next to it and also Bar Yellow, there’s a pool table in there, possibly duke box as well. Plenty of taxis about, use Central Cars. Ground is only five minutes drive from the town centre. 

On 15/06/2019 at 18:36, Karpaty Lviv said:

There’s a taxi office at the train station and the Triangle is a taxi effort. The pool tables are downstairs and I don’t know if it’ll be open (5pm onwards weekdays from memory). There’s a Weatherspoons next to it and also Bar Yellow, there’s a pool table in there, possibly duke box as well. Plenty of taxis about, use Central Cars. Ground is only five minutes drive from the town centre. 

A great place for a couple of pints before heading to Paps Nightclub.

There's definitely a jukebox in Bar Yellow but it's an absolute toilet and miles away from the stadium. Cumbernauld is absolutely terrible for boozers for the most part. 

If you're not keen on the Smiddy with it being a Belhaven pub my advice would be get a taxi from Croy to Brodens in Condorrat which has a jukebox and 4 or 5 screens showing Sky and BT. It's not part of a chain either IIRC. Can get a decent pint in there too. 10/15 minutes walk from the stadium.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/06/2019 at 21:58, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Airdrie

Pish venue to get to and stadium pretty soulless. West End Bar in the centre is a cracking boozer and the boy Scott who owns it is a cracking lad. Short walk from the station and only a fiver in a taxi. 

Clyde

Another pish venue to get to. Croy the nearest station which is about 15 mins walk, then you have another 5-10 minute walk to either the Smiddy or Farm. Smiddy is decent but full of old firm p***ks. 

Dumbarton

Decent enough to get to with Dumbarton East Close by, no idea of boozers as previously I always drove there. 

East Fife

Shite place to get to, shite place once you're there, shite soulless stadium, don't have a good work to say about the place except plenty of free parking. 

Falkirk

Falkirk Grahamston a 15 minute walk however round about there is plenty of boozers. Behind the Wall is cracking albeit not the cheapest, they run a free bus to and from the stadium. 

Wellington a classic pub, a good well priced pint, pool table and a jukebox. Taxis not much more than a fiver or a 15 minute walk down a straight road. 

Big open stadium with no atmosphere unfortunately. 

Forfar 

A ground I love, terracing right round the ground with plenty of buzz about the place. Boozers not too far away either. Shite place to get to but a decent bus away trip. 

Montrose 

I quite like the wee ground at Montrose, is Hamish still cutting about? A nice wee rivalry with Clyde there thanks to some previous dancing episodes in the terraces :lol:

Train station in town and boozers near the ground. 

Peterhead 

For the size of the town its a b*****d of a place to get to, 2 1/2 hours on a train from Glasgow to Aberdeen yet it takes another near 2 hours by public transport to get to Peterhead. 

I love this ground, a stadium that is fit for purpose for most teams in this league. Close to the pitch and a good atmosphere can be made. Social club is decent as well. 

Raith Rovers

Has the railway end opened for away fans? I always hated sitting in that big stand behind the goals, was always a strange atmosphere there. 

Easy to get to by train from Edinburgh though I have only driven there, with that I have no idea about boozers. 

Stranraer

Only ground I've not been to and 1 in 3 that I haven't visited in the spfl, though we can make that 4 now Cove are in the leagues. 

I've heard previously of guys flying to Belfast on the Friday evening, sailing across for the game on the Saturday before sailing back to Belfast afterwards then fly back on Sunday, that sounds a cracking weekend! 

yes hamish brannan is at links park montrose every game . hamish is the mo

Supporters buses heading to Falkirk Stadium are more than welcome to use my local bowling club at Laurieston as a pre-match venue.

Under a mile from the stadium, we lay on complimentary snacks (soup, stovies, pies, etc).

For more info, visit www.lauriestonbowlingclub.com or contact me direct.

3 hours ago, stainrod76 said:

Any Blue Tooner’s recommenced clubs/pubs for Falkirk Supporters Clubs attending the first game in a few weeks?

Preferably somewhere close by and shows live football 

Cheers 

The bar at the ground has always been popular & usually all welcome  has live games on usually as well. There are some bars down the town about a 15min walk but not really sure how they are as I don't stay Peterhead.

Any Blue Tooner’s recommenced clubs/pubs for Falkirk Supporters Clubs attending the first game in a few weeks?
Preferably somewhere close by and shows live football 
Cheers 
Would definitely reccomend the bar at Balmoor, don't order a pie from there though, they're awful.

On 07/07/2019 at 00:27, Andreas Kelevra said:

For Clyde just go to Condorrat there is the Masonic arms or whatever its called these days, a social club and good bowling and rugby club for buses.

The X37/X38 from Falkirk takes you right to the Broden’s door. Perfect for Falkirk fans. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

What happened to the Clyde Supporters Bar at the top of the stand. Opened a couple of seasons ago? Take it ,it didn't last long then?

It’s moved to the middle of the stand after refurbishment of the Arria Lounge but it has limited space and it’s for season ticket holders and a plus one only. 

Unless you meant the wee room in the corner of the goal and away stands, that’s well away. 

On 25/07/2019 at 23:37, smuggfifer said:

What happened to the Clyde Supporters Bar at the top of the stand. Opened a couple of seasons ago? Take it ,it didn't last long then?

News regarding the bar can be found on the website. Article posted just last night about it.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, stainrod76 said:

Any recommendations for places pre match in Stranraer? Somewhere preferably not too far from ground and shows live fitbaw BT/Sky

Cheers in advance 

The Pub

The Royal Hotel

The Arkhouse

Bar Pazzarello

Chasers

All within a 10-15 minute walk.

1 hour ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Best away day in the league? Personally id say Forfar or Stranraer

Interesting - what is it that you like about Forfar? The lack of train station makes Forfar one of the  worst away days on my end. Peterhead and east Fife equally brutal for the same reason.

Interesting - what is it that you like about Forfar? The lack of train station makes Forfar one of the  worst away days on my end. Peterhead and east Fife equally brutal for the same reason.

Good bus away day, good local pub (can’t mind its name but just off the high street), nice stadium and canny beat a bridie