147th Open Championship

Davis Love III

Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?

• Dustin Johnson
    • Justin Rose
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Jon Rahm
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Jordan Spieth
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Justin Thomas
    • Tiger Woods
    • Alex Noren
    • Francesco Molinari
    • Russell Knox
    • Henrik Stenson
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which former Open champions will make the cut? 1/2

• Jordan Spieth (2017)
    • Henrik Stenson (2016)
    • Zach Johnson (2015)
    • Rory McIlroy (2014)
    • Phil Mickelson (2013)
    • Ernie Els (2002/2012)
    • Darren Clarke (2011)
    • Louis Oosthuizen (2010)
    • Stewart Cink (2009)
    • Padraig Harrington (2007/2008)
    • Tiger Woods (2000/2005/2006)
    • Todd Hamilton (2004)
    • David Duval (2001)
    • Tom Lehman (1996)
    • Mark Calcavecchia (1989)
  3. 3. Will Sandy Lyle make the cut?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/07/18 at 05:24

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched nearly all of Tiger's level par round in those highlights and didn't see one of Jason Day getting the same score. Find him a dislikeable individual at the best of times but the media really do not help with their constant slevering over him.

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

He probably means an under 25s ticket, which is £40 and goes up to £45 for weekend. 

As for prices, at least you get a full day watching a sport's world elite play against one other. If you compare it to paying 20 odd quid to watch a Scottish football game for 90 mins then it's not terrible value. 

That's a fair point but it's still very expensive.  I wouldn't want to take a family of four for Sunday, 9 quid a burger etc.

For a family of four on Sunday
Tickets
Two wines
Two beers
Four cokes
Four burgers
Parking

Comes to £379 in my estimation.  Plus petrol and other bits and pieces.  Incredibly expensive.
It's the corporate nature of sport that has taken over our country (copied from America) in the last 20-30 years.

It's an absolute fucking disgrace.

The worst thing about it is they use each other as comparisons even though they're all at it (sfa Scotland games, England at Wembley, the Ryder cup).

If you looked at the prices from the 80s it would be massive increases, out of kilter with inflation.

23 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Tickets

Two wines

Two beers

Four cokes

Four burgers

Parking

Comes to £379 in my estimation.  Plus petrol and other bits and pieces.  Incredibly expensive.

Under 16s go free if that makes a difference, but aye, it's certainly an expensive day out.  Still, it doesn't come to your doorstep every week and a family trip to top flight football here could be £100 for one game including snacks etc, so when it comes to cost per hour, the golf major probably wins. 

Wouldn't be surprising if they purposely like to price out people to avoid Happy Gilmour type crowds. "Hey Tiger, yer s***e pal, lolz". 

Tickets
Two wines
Two beers
Four cokes
Four burgers
Parking

f**k that

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It's the corporate nature of sport that has taken over our country (copied from America) in the last 20-30 years.

It's an absolute fucking disgrace.

The worst thing about it is they use each other as comparisons even though they're all at it (sfa Scotland games, England at Wembley, the Ryder cup).

If you looked at the prices from the 80s it would be massive increases, out of kilter with inflation.

It's becoming very middle class and pricing normal people out.  A real shame.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Under 16s go free if that makes a difference, but aye, it's certainly an expensive day out.  Still, it doesn't come to your doorstep every week and a family trip to top flight football here could be £100 for one game including snacks etc, so when it comes to cost per hour, the golf major probably wins. 

Wouldn't be surprising if they purposely like to price out people to avoid Happy Gilmour type crowds. "Hey Tiger, yer s***e pal, lolz". 

Even then it's 289 then.  Way too much.

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

He probably means an under 25s ticket, which is £40 and goes up to £45 for weekend. 

As for prices, at least you get a full day watching a sport's world elite play against one other. If you compare it to paying 20 odd quid to watch a Scottish football game for 90 mins then it's not terrible value. 

Hadn't noticed there was an under 25s ticket, thanks for that. Heading along on the Sunday now for the princely sum of £40.

Guest DAVIDB69
McIlroy striking it well today. Little wind albeit it`s been pretty unpleasant in terms of rain. No wind and slightly more receptive greens will suit him.

Sky would be wanking themselves over him going joint leader

Fleetwood will win a major soon if not this weekend.

40 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Looks like all my bets will be down come end of play today.

Hatton, Reed, Knox, Stenson and Fitzpatrick all struggling.

Tyrrell Hatton is a fucking w**k, and I would love to see him miss out on the Ryder Cup, hopefully this is the start of it.

Guest DAVIDB69
Tom Watson is shite in the commentary box

Sky are bad for this allowing old timers in as you tend to miss a lot of play as they natter for an hour usually with waffle

4 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

Hadn't noticed there was an under 25s ticket, thanks for that. Heading along on the Sunday now for the princely sum of £40.

£45 after the cut.  ;)

Wouldn't want you travelling all that way and potentially having to beg at the gates for that extra fiver.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

£45 after the cut.  ;)

Wouldn't want you travelling all that way and potentially having to beg at the gates for that extra fiver.

Sorry m8 I'm in the Mastercard club so I'll be taking my £5 discount!

Archived