147th Open Championship

Davis Love III

Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?

• Dustin Johnson
    • Justin Rose
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Jon Rahm
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Jordan Spieth
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Justin Thomas
    • Tiger Woods
    • Alex Noren
    • Francesco Molinari
    • Russell Knox
    • Henrik Stenson
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which former Open champions will make the cut? 1/2

• Jordan Spieth (2017)
    • Henrik Stenson (2016)
    • Zach Johnson (2015)
    • Rory McIlroy (2014)
    • Phil Mickelson (2013)
    • Ernie Els (2002/2012)
    • Darren Clarke (2011)
    • Louis Oosthuizen (2010)
    • Stewart Cink (2009)
    • Padraig Harrington (2007/2008)
    • Tiger Woods (2000/2005/2006)
    • Todd Hamilton (2004)
    • David Duval (2001)
    • Tom Lehman (1996)
    • Mark Calcavecchia (1989)
  3. 3. Will Sandy Lyle make the cut?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/07/18 at 05:24

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Too expensive for me to attend unfortunately. Wife has been entering everything trying to win me tickets emoji23.png. Looking forward to it as always, just unfortunate that il be watching it on the sofa while the action is only a few miles away

Not sure how the cost compares with the other majors but it is very expensive. If you buy in advance (up to the end of April I think) you can save £10 or £20 but it's a bit of a gamble because you are then at the mercy of the weather etc. It is also £15 to park your car if you drive up. To be fair I think they still do free entry for under 16s though which is to be applauded.

I usually end up getting a ticket for a birthday present, at least that way I don't have to see the money disappear from my account :lol:

Heading up on Friday and looking forward to it. Went up to the 2007 open as well but I can't remember much about it except that it felt like the coldest July day ever.

Currently watching live practice round coverage. Great stuff

Woods being a w**k tho and just walking through a bunch of kids asking for autographs. Would have taken him all of 2 minutes. That stuff really pisses me off

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Woods being a w**k tho and just walking through a bunch of kids asking for autographs. Would have taken him all of 2 minutes. That stuff really pisses me off

I remember being at Carnoustie for the Dunhill Links Championship about 2006 or 2007 as I had been bought a hospitality day package for my birthday that year.

What struck me was the attidudes of some participants to giving autographs by various players especially to youngsters, some were decent and happy to do so and others not and then there was Colin Montgomerie unpleasant as always.

There was a group of youngsters waiting for autographs and in particular Vijay Singh just looked away from them and walked away, Colin Montgomerie took a young boys cap went to autograph it changed his mind and just threw the cap onto the floor and walked away without apologising for his behaviour.

The crowd present was extremely angry as this left the youngster in tears and any support Montgomerie had then disappeared.

Archived