147th Open Championship

Davis Love III

Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the 147th Open Championship?

• Dustin Johnson
    • Justin Rose
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Jon Rahm
    • Tommy Fleetwood
    • Jordan Spieth
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Justin Thomas
    • Tiger Woods
    • Alex Noren
    • Francesco Molinari
    • Russell Knox
    • Henrik Stenson
    • OTHER PLAYER
  2. 2. Which former Open champions will make the cut? 1/2

• Jordan Spieth (2017)
    • Henrik Stenson (2016)
    • Zach Johnson (2015)
    • Rory McIlroy (2014)
    • Phil Mickelson (2013)
    • Ernie Els (2002/2012)
    • Darren Clarke (2011)
    • Louis Oosthuizen (2010)
    • Stewart Cink (2009)
    • Padraig Harrington (2007/2008)
    • Tiger Woods (2000/2005/2006)
    • Todd Hamilton (2004)
    • David Duval (2001)
    • Tom Lehman (1996)
    • Mark Calcavecchia (1989)
  3. 3. Will Sandy Lyle make the cut?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/07/18 at 05:24

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
Ridiculous driving my Rory; get the people who shout koooooch into the fucking sea.

It’s not the best although I did back him each way.

Guest DAVIDB69

Mcilroy is always unlucky when he plays a bad shot according to sky they never admit it’s a bad shot

Mcilroy is always unlucky when he plays a bad shot according to sky they never admit it’s a bad shot
Mcginley is the worlds worst at this in anything Rory related
Great days golf.there is nothing better than a tiger charge

Hopefully the final day has some drama in it.  I am not sure who I will go for to win it back to back open wins for Jordan Speith maybe,  as long as it is a quality days action I guess I don't mind.  I gather that the wind is meant to pick up which could make things interesting out there.

I know it’s not the main priority when you are attending the Open, but the standard of catering and drinks facilities is a joke for an event this big. 

One choice of lager, one choice of cider. Fair enough I’m sure Stella Artois pay a lot of money to have their product sold there but it’s not great for the customer who’s just forked out £90 to get in. 

As someone said earlier it seems set up for hospitality in these tents and it’s a guarantee that the majority will be comps to the bosses of Doosan or Mastercard or whatever other company sponsors the open. 

Happy for anyone not named Kevin*. Or Webb Simpson. Spieth's not hitting many fairways anyway and is scrambling like a boss so if the wind gets up it shouldn't make too much difference. Part of me would love to see Tiger do it but part of me thinks he's won more than enough already. Noren is my only ante-post bet still in with a shout but I'd settle for the E/W from him.

If Molinari is ever going to win one, it has to be now, he's in great form. Can't help but think being paired with Tiger is going to screw him though.  It's so wide open though. If you forced me to make a pick I'd say Spieth but I wouldn't have much confidence in it.

*reported myself for sectarianism

30 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So who’s winning this lads?

Still undecided but for me  it is between Speith succesfully defending the Claret Jug, Kishner or maybe a final day charge from 4 shots off for victory by Tiger.

I know it’s not the main priority when you are attending the Open, but the standard of catering and drinks facilities is a joke for an event this big. 
One choice of lager, one choice of cider. Fair enough I’m sure Stella Artois pay a lot of money to have their product sold there but it’s not great for the customer who’s just forked out £90 to get in. 
As someone said earlier it seems set up for hospitality in these tents and it’s a guarantee that the majority will be comps to the bosses of Doosan or Mastercard or whatever other company sponsors the open. 
Pretty standard for any event i thought ie whoever the sponsor is

Yep as I said I’m sure Stella pay good money to sponsor the event. But if you turned up at a concert or festival and there was only one choice of beer people wouldn’t be slow to complain. 

Not even just the drinks, the food at it was sub standard as well and you are paying about £8 for a burger. My friend bought one from the main fan zone area and it looked like it had been put together with someone’s forehead. 

7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Yep as I said I’m sure Stella pay good money to sponsor the event. But if you turned up at a concert or festival and there was only one choice of beer people wouldn’t be slow to complain. 

Not even just the drinks, the food at it was sub standard as well and you are paying about £8 for a burger. My friend bought one from the main fan zone area and it looked like it had been put together with someone’s forehead. 

@Im_Rodger

Archived