Your club's top 5 biggest legends

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmm big difference between our whole history and my life time, ill go for the latter.

1. Glynn Hurst

2. Andy Walker

3. David Craig

4. David Castilla

5. Marvyn Wilson 

Players like Mark Roberts, Ryan Stevenson, Craig Nelson, Neil Duffy, John Robertson, Martyn Campbell & John Traynor deserve honourable mentions.

Recent times Nicky Devlin could be one if he ever returned one day, Shankland and Robbie Crawford (current longest serving player I think) could be remembered forever before they go onto greater things. Moffat out the current bunch is the closest nomination

I know some of my older mates wouldn't go past Duncan George, Spud Murphy, Henry Templeman, Hugh Sproat and the likes. I'm too young for that stuff 

An embarrassing parade of nomarks like this thread was always likely to turn into down here. Up there with all the clubs at this, and lower, levels that have a Hall of Fame inducting insignificant nobodies on an annual or biannual basis (yes, Morton also partake in that cringe fest).

7 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

An embarrassing parade of nomarks like this thread was always likely to turn into down here. Up there with all the clubs at this, and lower, levels that have a Hall of Fame inducting insignificant nobodies on an annual or biannual basis (yes, Morton also partake in that cringe fest).

John white was an insignificant nobody ?

9 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I realise that over the coming years, ICT fans will probably turn out to be as cynical as your good self. For us though, the past 24 years has been an amazing ride with ICT being capable of near miracles at times. For that reason we have legends galore, and I note that, on this thread, many of our legends have been what you might describe as no marks, while players who have gone on to greater things, such as Barry Robson, Ryan Christie and Graeme Shinnie, haven’t even been rated.

The best 5 players i have seen playing for alloa since 1975 excluding loan players are as follows 

Drew  Paterson 

Craig Valentine

Frankie Cole 

Wullie Irvine 

Ben Gordon 

I thought it was cult hero's with my earlier post. Many great players over the piece and many great opposition players also. Probably Pat  Nevin the best I've seen playing against us for Clyde.  

Archived