• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
TheScarf

Your club's top 5 biggest legends

Ally MacLeod
Peter Price
Henry Templeton
Ian McAllister
“Spud” Murphy

Whilst I’ve been a supporter I don’t think we’ve had any “legends” but maybe cult heroes. Guys like David Craig, Martyn and Mark Campbell, Glynn Hurst and Gary Teale would fit that bill.

I don’t think pandarilla is too far off with Moffat though. When he’s retired and we look back on his career he’ll be one of our top goal scorers and a big part of a title winning season.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

People prefacing their list of 'club legends' with "in my time watching" (which typically seems to  amount to the last twenty five minutes) are somewhat contradicting themselves.

This. Honestly, nobody asked "who are the best five players you've seen?". If you are cable of turning a computer on or accessing the internet on your phone you should be capable of forming some kind of historical perspective on who club legends are without having had to have seen them play.

I really wouldn’t be throwing stones from that glass house. Shankland and Moffat for f**k’s sake.
I didn't have shankland in my list, no-one did.

The definition of a legend is the tricky thing here.

I liked Gary teale but I'd never class him as an Ayr legend. I don't even think he had cult hero status as a lot of fans hated his inconsistency.

Again, I'll defend Moffat. He's always performed well for ayr and he's been a big part of any success we've had in the last 6-8 years.

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

Mr C Charnley should be in the Thistle line-up.

I am surprised no one has mentioned him!

Chic Charnley had me in fits of laughter playing at Somerset for Thistle. Ball went out for a throw in and an Ayr fan shouted “chic you could park a bus in the shadow of your arse”

He started laughing and replied “Aye but what about Stainrod....you could park a ferry in the shadow of that f*cker”.

18 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

It was the sedimental meaning behind them. 

You trying to muddy the waters with some dregs and all-washed-up nominations?

38 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You trying to muddy the waters with some dregs and all-washed-up nominations?

Nah, they were both good players, just remembered more for individual penalties. 

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Nah, they were both good players, just remembered more for individual penalties. 

W - h - o - o - s -h . . . . .  

"All Time".  Jimmy Smith. Peter Price. Sam McMillan. Alex Ingram. Johnny Graham .     "My Time". Alex Ingram. Johnny Graham. Ricky Fleming. Jim McFadzean. Jim McSherry .  

For me it's John Watson, Bert Paton, Kozma, Norrie McCathie and Jim Leishman.

And Faiss in 2 or 3 years from now. He'll win us the league you know.

The Premiership #lads have a thread on this, so we're fucking having one.
In no particular order - 
Iain Stewart (1995-2002) - The club's top goalscorer in the 3rd and 2nd Division days.  Loved to score a lobbed finish and was rapid too.
Dennis Wyness (1999-2003 & 2005-2008) - The club's record goalscorer.  I know there will be a few on here that will have nightmares about your team facing him in an ICT shirt.
Barry Wilson (1996-2000 & 2003-2008) - Right winger extraordinaire, played for ICT in all 4 divisions and scored some memorable goals over the years.
Ross Tokely (1996-2012) - Our record appearance holder and right back for what felt like about 25 years.  Mr ICT.
David Bingham (2003-2004) - A one season wonder for us in our 1st Division winning side.  The signing of him and the re-signing of Barry Wilson was a masterstroke.

I’d swap Bingham for Wilsie Robertson - my childhood pin up (him and Dannii Minogue). Still haven’t enjoyed watching anyone as much as him...

Jim Cowell

George Burley

Sabatino Demassis

Lex Grant

Nelson Still

Colin McNair

Davie Shanks

John Stuart (not the Aberdeen one)

I had to have 8......all tongue in cheek..... four of them making one appearance and one none

I only have three legends,  Crunchie, Stainrod and Latapy all attacking players in a sense which is what you go to see but boy did they either exceed expectation or have the club in their heart, well for sure Stainrod and Crunchie

In my attendance lifetime (34 years) there have only been 3 you could class as legends. Stainrod, Crunchie and Latapy. If I had to choose another 2, possibly Baptie and Bawheid Hughes.

Been a QoS supporter since about 05/06 so haven’t seen anyone previous to that play first hand. In saying that Allan Ball and Jim Patterson have to be in there holding a record apiece. Dobbie obviously, Del as well for me.

Not sure about 5th, probably Jim Thomson, captain fantastic who led us into Europe. Not a legend, but John Stewart will always go down as a hero in my eyes, not a great player whatsoever but that goal against Aberdeen...:wub:

Wullie Irvine

Spider Ramsay

Larry Haggart

Ryan McCord

Kevin Cawley