Your club's top 5 biggest legends

The Premiership #lads have a thread on this, so we're fucking having one.

In no particular order - 

Iain Stewart (1995-2002) - The club's top goalscorer in the 3rd and 2nd Division days.  Loved to score a lobbed finish and was rapid too.

Dennis Wyness (1999-2003 & 2005-2008) - The club's record goalscorer.  I know there will be a few on here that will have nightmares about your team facing him in an ICT shirt.

Barry Wilson (1996-2000 & 2003-2008) - Right winger extraordinaire, played for ICT in all 4 divisions and scored some memorable goals over the years.

Ross Tokely (1996-2012) - Our record appearance holder and right back for what felt like about 25 years.  Mr ICT.

David Bingham (2003-2004) - A one season wonder for us in our 1st Division winning side.  The signing of him and the re-signing of Barry Wilson was a masterstroke.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Allan Ball

Derek Lyle

Stephen Dobbie

Jim Patterson

erm I will go for Andy Thomson

Yeah, not far away. Such things will inevitably depend on your era and your appreciation of history. In no particular order my top five would probably be:

Billy Houliston

Jim Patterson

Allan Ball

Stephen Dobbie

Andy Thomson

Honourable mentions to the likes of Derek Lyle, Iain McChesney, Bobby Black, Tommy Bryce, etc.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, not far away. Such things will inevitably depend on your era and your appreciation of history. In no particular order my top five would probably be:

Billy Houliston

Jim Patterson

Allan Ball

Stephen Dobbie

Andy Thomson

Honourable mentions to the likes of Derek Lyle, Iain McChesney, Bobby Black, Tommy Bryce, etc.

3 are completely my era. Allan ball cant be dismissed of anyone list with 20 years as a player and everything associated with club since and Jim Patterson's goals and appearances for the club speak for themselves. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

The Premiership #lads have a thread on this, so we're fucking having one.

In no particular order - 

Iain Stewart (1995-2002) - The club's top goalscorer in the 3rd and 2nd Division days.  Loved to score a lobbed finish and was rapid too.

Dennis Wyness (1999-2003 & 2005-2008) - The club's record goalscorer.  I know there will be a few on here that will have nightmares about your team facing him in an ICT shirt.

Barry Wilson (1996-2000 & 2003-2008) - Right winger extraordinaire, played for ICT in all 4 divisions and scored some memorable goals over the years.

Ross Tokely (1996-2011) - Our record appearance holder and right back for what felt like about 25 years.  Mr ICT.

David Bingham (2003-2004) - A one season wonder for us in our 1st Division winning side.  The signing of him and the re-signing of Barry Wilson was a masterstroke.

Good choice but I wouldn't have Bingham. It would have to be one :lol: from the likes of Bobby Mann, David Raven, Gary Warren, Ryan Esson, Graeme Shinnie, Grant Munro,10cc, Richie Foran and (whisper it) Russeldinho.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

No Scottish Cup winners? 

I'd guess the consensus three would be:

John Lambie

Davie McParland

Kris Doolan

After that, you're looking at two from all the famous names from the past like Denis McQuade, Alex O'Hara, Jackie Husband, Johnny McKenzie, Alan Rough maybe. Alan Hansen and Mo Johnston started out with Thistle as well - only at Firhill for a few years each but obviously went on to a higher level. Then there's folk like Gerry Britton and Danny Lennon from recent times.

Honourable mention for Ryan Scully, of course.

42 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

No Scottish Cup winners? 

I did consider some of that side but as I get older the players have gotten less of a hero status with me and I’ve just appreciated the team as one entity. 

The 5 I mentioned were genuine heroes of mine growing up in the 90s and early 00s.

All time

Bert Paton

Norrie McCathie

Jock Stein

Roy Barry

Jim Leishman

In  my time

Norrie

Bert Paton

Kozma

John Watson

Westwater 

Could easily say George Farm, Charlie Dickson, Crawford, Skerla, Bobby Robertson, Ross Jack

Bert Paton should have something named after him at the ground imo.

Archived