Your club's top 5 biggest legends

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

People prefacing their list of 'club legends' with "in my time watching" (which typically seems to  amount to the last twenty five minutes) are somewhat contradicting themselves.

This. Honestly, nobody asked "who are the best five players you've seen?". If you are cable of turning a computer on or accessing the internet on your phone you should be capable of forming some kind of historical perspective on who club legends are without having had to have seen them play.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wouldn’t be throwing stones from that glass house. Shankland and Moffat for f**k’s sake.
I didn't have shankland in my list, no-one did.

The definition of a legend is the tricky thing here.

I liked Gary teale but I'd never class him as an Ayr legend. I don't even think he had cult hero status as a lot of fans hated his inconsistency.

Again, I'll defend Moffat. He's always performed well for ayr and he's been a big part of any success we've had in the last 6-8 years.

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

Mr C Charnley should be in the Thistle line-up.

I am surprised no one has mentioned him!

Chic Charnley had me in fits of laughter playing at Somerset for Thistle. Ball went out for a throw in and an Ayr fan shouted “chic you could park a bus in the shadow of your arse”

He started laughing and replied “Aye but what about Stainrod....you could park a ferry in the shadow of that f*cker”.

"All Time".  Jimmy Smith. Peter Price. Sam McMillan. Alex Ingram. Johnny Graham .     "My Time". Alex Ingram. Johnny Graham. Ricky Fleming. Jim McFadzean. Jim McSherry .  

The Premiership #lads have a thread on this, so we're fucking having one.
In no particular order - 
Iain Stewart (1995-2002) - The club's top goalscorer in the 3rd and 2nd Division days.  Loved to score a lobbed finish and was rapid too.
Dennis Wyness (1999-2003 & 2005-2008) - The club's record goalscorer.  I know there will be a few on here that will have nightmares about your team facing him in an ICT shirt.
Barry Wilson (1996-2000 & 2003-2008) - Right winger extraordinaire, played for ICT in all 4 divisions and scored some memorable goals over the years.
Ross Tokely (1996-2012) - Our record appearance holder and right back for what felt like about 25 years.  Mr ICT.
David Bingham (2003-2004) - A one season wonder for us in our 1st Division winning side.  The signing of him and the re-signing of Barry Wilson was a masterstroke.

I’d swap Bingham for Wilsie Robertson - my childhood pin up (him and Dannii Minogue). Still haven’t enjoyed watching anyone as much as him...

Jim Cowell

George Burley

Sabatino Demassis

Lex Grant

Nelson Still

Colin McNair

Davie Shanks

John Stuart (not the Aberdeen one)

I had to have 8......all tongue in cheek..... four of them making one appearance and one none

I only have three legends,  Crunchie, Stainrod and Latapy all attacking players in a sense which is what you go to see but boy did they either exceed expectation or have the club in their heart, well for sure Stainrod and Crunchie

Been a QoS supporter since about 05/06 so haven’t seen anyone previous to that play first hand. In saying that Allan Ball and Jim Patterson have to be in there holding a record apiece. Dobbie obviously, Del as well for me.

Not sure about 5th, probably Jim Thomson, captain fantastic who led us into Europe. Not a legend, but John Stewart will always go down as a hero in my eyes, not a great player whatsoever but that goal against Aberdeen...:wub:

2 hours ago, Oweny said:

Wullie Irvine

Spider Ramsay

Larry Haggart

Ryan McCord

Kevin Cawley

Top 5 in history possibly Crilley, White, Haggart, Irvine, Valentine...Spider definitely right on the cusp though. In recent times McCord, Cawley, Bain and Gordon potentially making top 20-25.

Archived