• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
TheScarf

Your club's top 5 biggest legends

The Premiership #lads have a thread on this, so we're fucking having one.

In no particular order - 

Iain Stewart (1995-2002) - The club's top goalscorer in the 3rd and 2nd Division days.  Loved to score a lobbed finish and was rapid too.

Dennis Wyness (1999-2003 & 2005-2008) - The club's record goalscorer.  I know there will be a few on here that will have nightmares about your team facing him in an ICT shirt.

Barry Wilson (1996-2000 & 2003-2008) - Right winger extraordinaire, played for ICT in all 4 divisions and scored some memorable goals over the years.

Ross Tokely (1996-2012) - Our record appearance holder and right back for what felt like about 25 years.  Mr ICT.

David Bingham (2003-2004) - A one season wonder for us in our 1st Division winning side.  The signing of him and the re-signing of Barry Wilson was a masterstroke.

Edited by TheScarf

Roddy McKenzie

Paul Burns

Bartosz Tarachulski

Jason Talbot

Kevin Harper

Dundee United's should be:

Craig Wighton
Kostadin Gadzhalov
Mixu Paatelainen
Jackie McNamara
The Baldy Snake

30 minutes ago, smpar said:

Roddy McKenzie

Paul Burns

Bartosz Tarachulski

Jason Talbot

Kevin Harper

No Noel Whelan?!

No Noel Whelan?!

He's certainly up there but just missed the cut.

17 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Allan Ball

Derek Lyle

Stephen Dobbie

Jim Patterson

erm I will go for Andy Thomson

Yeah, not far away. Such things will inevitably depend on your era and your appreciation of history. In no particular order my top five would probably be:

Billy Houliston

Jim Patterson

Allan Ball

Stephen Dobbie

Andy Thomson

Honourable mentions to the likes of Derek Lyle, Iain McChesney, Bobby Black, Tommy Bryce, etc.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, not far away. Such things will inevitably depend on your era and your appreciation of history. In no particular order my top five would probably be:

Billy Houliston

Jim Patterson

Allan Ball

Stephen Dobbie

Andy Thomson

Honourable mentions to the likes of Derek Lyle, Iain McChesney, Bobby Black, Tommy Bryce, etc.

3 are completely my era. Allan ball cant be dismissed of anyone list with 20 years as a player and everything associated with club since and Jim Patterson's goals and appearances for the club speak for themselves. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

In no particular order - 

Iain Stewart (1995-2002) - The club's top goalscorer in the 3rd and 2nd Division days.  Loved to score a lobbed finish and was rapid too.

Dennis Wyness (1999-2003 & 2005-2008) - The club's record goalscorer.  I know there will be a few on here that will have nightmares about your team facing him in an ICT shirt.

Barry Wilson (1996-2000 & 2003-2008) - Right winger extraordinaire, played for ICT in all 4 divisions and scored some memorable goals over the years.

Ross Tokely (1996-2011) - Our record appearance holder and right back for what felt like about 25 years.  Mr ICT.

David Bingham (2003-2004) - A one season wonder for us in our 1st Division winning side.  The signing of him and the re-signing of Barry Wilson was a masterstroke.

No Scottish Cup winners? 

Michael Moffat.

Glynn Hurst.

Henry Templeton.

Ryan Stevenson.

And the biggest of them all...

Ally Macleod.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

In no particular order - 

Ross Tokely (1996-2011) - Our record appearance holder and right back for what felt like about 25 years.  Mr ICT.

Good choice but I wouldn't have Bingham. It would have to be one :lol: from the likes of Bobby Mann, David Raven, Gary Warren, Ryan Esson, Graeme Shinnie, Grant Munro,10cc, Richie Foran and (whisper it) Russeldinho.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

No Scottish Cup winners? 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dundee United's should be:

Craig Wighton
Kostadin Gadzhalov
Mixu Paatelainen
Jackie McNamara
The Baldy Snake

Either that or they could choose players from their 1983 league win, 1994 Scottish Cup win or their 2010 Scottish Cup win. I understand Dundee fans won’t understand winning a trophy in their lifetimes, so will let you off. 

I'd guess the consensus three would be:

John Lambie

Davie McParland

Kris Doolan

After that, you're looking at two from all the famous names from the past like Denis McQuade, Alex O'Hara, Jackie Husband, Johnny McKenzie, Alan Rough maybe. Alan Hansen and Mo Johnston started out with Thistle as well - only at Firhill for a few years each but obviously went on to a higher level. Then there's folk like Gerry Britton and Danny Lennon from recent times.

Honourable mention for Ryan Scully, of course.

42 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

No Scottish Cup winners? 

I did consider some of that side but as I get older the players have gotten less of a hero status with me and I’ve just appreciated the team as one entity. 

The 5 I mentioned were genuine heroes of mine growing up in the 90s and early 00s.