Lowland League Highlights

pipedreamer

To settle an interest in my mind I was wondering which clubs in the Lowland League:-

a) film their matches

b) produce highlights packages

c) have a specific area for matches to be filmed from ie, scaffold platform or area in stand etc.

The clubs that don’t film their matches is it a case of financially not possible for equipment, lack of volunteers to do so or just no appetite for it?

the clubs that do film their matches, what equipment do you use for filming and editing. External microphones or built in etc? I have a keen interest in filming sport, from ice hockey and football to speedway. Interested to see what clubs do.

East Kilbride generally film their matches.  They have their own YouTube channel to show the highlights and it is all filmed from a scaffolding platform opposite the stand.  I have been to a few games where it was filmed from within the stand if the weather has been particularly bad.

Also seen BSC & Cumbernauld Colts filming some matches from within their respective stands...now I think about it I have also seen highlights produced by East Stirling & Spartans but really don't know much about where these are filmed from or other techy stuff...there may be others including Whitehill Welfare?

Hope this helps.

Strollers had some highlights last season and Edinburgh University were videoing their games last season for likely training purposes though they never saw the light of day on available media.

Great that Kelty Hearts will be added to the video list this season.

When you compare club video coverage between the lowland and highland leagues it's night and day with only the Lococs up north showing highlights of their games last season. Though the highland league does have the rather good "big game" weekly highlights programme from 1 game.

7 hours ago, jinky said:

Also seen BSC & Cumbernauld Colts filming some matches from within their respective stands...

The Colts have their own utube channel and showed a few games at the start of last season and then stopped. Then started again right at the end of the season.

We film all our games and edit it to show at least the goals. James does most games but if he can’t make it he’ll rope someone else in and do the editing.

The Mantis is banned though after a slight technical issue last season :D

Fair play to anyone who does it it’s not for me. 

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

We film all our games and edit it to show at least the goals. James does most games but if he can’t make it he’ll rope someone else in and do the editing.

The Mantis is banned though after a slight technical issue last season :D

Fair play to anyone who does it it’s not for me. 

It's a fantastic thing to have and credit to all the volunteers who do their clubs.

It's a no from me as well ,judging on last season's performances there'd be far too many ffs and the like words in there :shutup

Archived