St Mirren v Dundee @ The Simpleton Arena

11 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

If it's any consolation, it's not your OS, but the developers - or more precisely it's the developers not doing their job correctly. On OSX just about every browser uses the webkit engine; Chrome, Safari, Opera - this is the same engine used on the PC builds. The only one that doesn't is Firefox which uses Gecko but on iOS, and due to Apple's retarded licensing policy, Firefox is forced to use webkit.

That said if you are an Apple devotee you'll have enough disposable income just get your butler to sort it out.. ;)

Yeah, there’s definitely an issue with the spiffle-back jondy-box engine processing mish-mash unit and Interstadia’s online ticketing service.

Let’s simplify things though. I happen to use an iPad and iMac. I can, and do, go online using both and book flights, hotels, car hire, buy tickets for concerts, order shit through Amazon, book visits from Scottish Gas, use this forum, and all sorts.

I cannot buy a ticket for a fitba’ match through Interstadia, and in my opinion, in this modern world, that’s shite.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I cannot buy a ticket for a fitba’ match through Interstadia, and in my opinion, in this modern world, that’s shite.

It sure is, but then not uncommon with devs who never check on Mac.

Out of interest, is it that there is an error or a rendering bug that doesn't display the "buy" button or something?

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

It sure is, but then not uncommon with devs who never check on Mac.

Out of interest, is it that there is an error or a rendering bug that doesn't display the "buy" button or something?

Way too complicated to go into it. Just a complete dug’s dinner when I try anything online with them using my wanky Apple products.

If you have the money and he's willing to come, I would suggest going in for Liam Smith. Untested to an extent at this level, he was superb for us in the Championship and looks definitely capable of playing in the Premiership with no great problem.
He's been told he can leave by Levein, and I'd love him to come back to us, but if you are looking for a left back..

You mean the Liam Smith that played right-back for us all last season? Not sure he’s the answer to anyone’s left-back problems TBH.

Yeah, I've fucked up there, haven't I? :lol:

Possibly, unless it was a hilarious attempt to encourage Dundee to spend money to cover an area they’re fine in...

Yesterday was the first match I’ve seen since Stubbs took charge, and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely missing some presence up top, and the final ball let us down on occasion, but the likes of Mullen, Willock and Baird impressed me - thought Coulson got better as the game went on as well.

Wouldn’t swap Samson for many other keepers in the country - I’ll take the occasional mistake in compensation for the points he’s won us over both his spells. Certainly not for one like Hamilton, even though I thought he’d done alright up to THAT mistake. Reminds me of Langfield.... [emoji85]

Just now, codfish said:

Possibly, unless it was a hilarious attempt to encourage Dundee to spend money to cover an area they’re fine in...

I'd love to make some excuse but in this time I stupidly had it in my head he was a left back, despite watching him play right back all last season... *shrug*

If that was the first game you've seen of us under Stubbs then consider yourself pretty lucky. That said this win should help settle the side.

20 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Don't bite mate that's what he is looking for. 

Yeah, I mean you could see it like that, or... and go with this... it's actually a valid appraisal.

Who are the weakest teams in the league? Us, Hamilton, Livi and Dundee. So the "arguably the weakest team in the league" is entirely fair. With a keeper who flaps at everything, makes mistakes and is generally dreadful, combined with a toothless front line and strikers incapable of scoring penalties then again, relegation fodder is once again entirely fair.

The whole "one game" comment is equally daft, it's not like football is covered in isolation. We all know what is needed to retain our Premiership status and both Dundee and St Mirren currently do not look at the level to achieve that. Thankfully we've got more signings to come and in turn Stubbs needs to get a formation he's happy with and stick with it. I don't think the narrow diamond will be his final preferred strategy, it might be, but I don't think it will.

14 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yeah, I mean you could see it like that, or... and go with this... it's actually a valid appraisal.

Who are the weakest teams in the league? Us, Hamilton, Livi and Dundee. So the "arguably the weakest team in the league" is entirely fair. With a keeper who flaps at everything, makes mistakes and is generally dreadful, combined with a toothless front line and strikers incapable of scoring penalties then again, relegation fodder is once again entirely fair.

The whole "one game" comment is equally daft, it's not like football is covered in isolation. We all know what is needed to retain our Premiership status and both Dundee and St Mirren currently do not look at the level to achieve that. Thankfully we've got more signings to come and in turn Stubbs needs to get a formation he's happy with and stick with it. I don't think the narrow diamond will be his final preferred strategy, it might be, but I don't think it will.

Will able to tell you the weakest team in the league around Christmas not before. Dundee are a working progress like Saints they are after a striker as we are. 

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

I didn't know discriminatory/offensive language was given a pass because it's in the form of a meme. 

Yup virtue signalling.

I see that you don't hold the same standard for your own support or are you just salty because you lost?

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yup virtue signalling.

I see that you don't hold the same standard for your own support or are you just salty because you lost?

I condemn all forms of discriminatory language. 

Thought we were the better team  but as usual we dont take our chances and gift them theirs. Some tidy midfielders in the st.mirren team but nothing special. 

Need a striker , kamara back on the field and to get Parish back in goals then well see how we do this season but im guessing itll be the usual battle between 12th and 8th

I actually think Kerr deserves more pelters  for the loss of our winning goal than he has been receiving from the Dundee fans. He signalled to the keeper to pass it out short to him and then returned a nasty passback. No disputing the keeper's howler but Kerr set up the opportunity.

Just now, Wilbur said:

I actually think Kerr deserves more pelters  for the loss of our winning goal than he has been receiving from the Dundee fans. He signalled to the keeper to pass it out short to him and then returned a nasty passback. No disputing the keeper's howler but Kerr set up the opportunity.

I think the anger is more being directed at McCann for that part as Kerr is never a player that should be deployed at LB. He has absolutely nothing on his left foot so passed it back as he was being closed down for Hamilton to clear. Terrible backpass but he's instructed to take the ball short so there was nothing more he could do. 

I think the anger is more being directed at McCann for that part as Kerr is never a player that should be deployed at LB. He has absolutely nothing on his left foot so passed it back as he was being closed down for Hamilton to clear. Terrible backpass but he's instructed to take the ball short so there was nothing more he could do. 
Agree with this - it's McCann's play out from the back whatever tactics that is lunacy.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's right that we do try to play out but there are times when you just have to lump it up the park.

It's not the first time those tactics have cost us goals and points - keep doing that and won't be the last.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's hilarious how Dundee are just perennially shite. You guys even gave us cash money for Flap Hamilton. :lol:

Shan, like.

"Flap Hamilton" does not work.

It's Flap Jack if you don't mind. 

images (38).jpeg

Archived