St Mirren v Dundee @ The Simpleton Arena

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

The on-line ticketing software that works with the ticket scanners on the turnstiles is not fit for purpose. Been a mess for the last couple of years and a full melt-down today. At 14:50 they let everyone outside the West Stand in due to the huge queues without having to show a ticket. Fans have been complaining about InterStadia software for some while. Time the Club ditched them.

The ref started 5 mins early due to our wee Championship winning celebration not taking as long as he thought. Poor decision considering the queues outside.

I've never had a problem getting in with the system as it was up until today. Someone posted earlier there had been a power cut in the area this morning and I thought that might've been todays problem but my mate told me it wasn't working for the home games recently either. As Poz says the online ticket site is a fucking abortion and is totally useless.....grrrrrr.

To be honest, I don't think McCann would have encouraged our keeper to take the striker on if nothing was showing rather than punting it, no matter how much he loves playing it out from the back. 
Even back heeling it out for a corner and re grouping to defend it is a better option.

The boy had a total brain fart, unfortunate that it cost you's the game. Hope he bounces back from it, like to see young Scots do well.

In the end, it was a game that could have gone either way. Dundee had the opportunity to put us away in the first 20 mins of the second half, culminating in the penalty. If they score that, they win. They didn't though because we had Craig Samson, and they had that utter joke in goals. He'd been flapping all game and was an accident waiting to happen, and when it did we exploited it in spectacular fashion, and the game was over. We were really comfortable after that.

We've still got plenty of work to do though. Dundee showed we are still a bit behind physically, and we didn't really create as many chances as we should have. I also think we are still very fragile at the back. I see folk are blaming Samson for giving away the penalty, but for me, that was all on Kpekewa, who I'm sure didn't realise the striker was there.

For us, Mullen, both McGinns, Smith and Magennis were really good,  and Flynn was excellent when he came on. I'm sure he will play next week for Stewart, who tried his best, but struggled badly.

On 30/07/2018 at 19:03, Doctor Sanchez said:

Tell you something, Sampson gets a hard time from some.  I've not seen a keeper that saves penalties like Sammo.  

He loves a penalty save.  Ever since we spanked The Biggest Team in Dundee last December, when he kept us in the game than Morgy went on to win.

Ginger:  yes.

Best keeper in the country: no.

Loves saving penalties: Deffo.  

So.  

It's great to have proper football back, it's great to be back in the top league and it's great to be correct about Sammo.  

Life is great.  4th in the league.  Let's just draw a line under this and move to next year.  

Great.  

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

For us, Mullen, both McGinns, Smith and Magennis were really good,  and Flynn was excellent when he came on. I'm sure he will play next week for Stewart, who tried his best, but struggled badly.

Funny you say that. After reading your forums I was surprised Stewart started as you seem to be letting him go. I thought he was a bit of a haddy but gave Meekings and Caulker an aerial battle that they certainly don't experience on a weekly basis. I was glad when he went off and felt more confident when he did!

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Quick point, what was the deal with kicking off 5 minutes early, only having a single turnstile open and knowing exactly how many tickets we'd sold in advance?!

Far be it from me to defend St Mirren, but I've seen this posted a few times in various places - and it's simply not true. There were four turnstiles open for as long as I was in a queue (from 2.40-ish), and I don't think they all opened just as I arrived. 

The 2.55pm kick-off was a farce, however, but the blame for that lies with the referee.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Funny you say that. After reading your forums I was surprised Stewart started as you seem to be letting him go. I thought he was a bit of a haddy but gave Meekings and Caulker an aerial battle that they certainly don't experience on a weekly basis. I was glad when he went off and felt more confident when he did!

Akward big c**t is oor Ross, defo got potential and will get better with experiance.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Far be it from me to defend St Mirren, but I've seen this posted a few times in various places - and it's simply not true. There were four turnstiles open for as long as I was in a queue (from 2.40-ish), and I don't think they all opened just as I arrived. 

The 2.55pm kick-off was a farce, however, but the blame for that lies with the referee.

They must have opened them later on then as there was definitely just one open when I made it into the stadium. Maybe that's where the wrongful allegation is coming from. 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

They must have opened them later on then as there was definitely just one open when I made it into the stadium. Maybe that's where the wrongful allegation is coming from. 

It might seem an obvious question, but when you say "turnstile" do you literally mean a single entry point through which one fan enters at a time, or do you mean the cluster of four such things all next to each other?

Because I overheard plenty of people complaining about "one turnstile" while stood in one of the two queues that served four individual entry points (17-20 - the only four entry points into that stand). 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

It might seem an obvious question, but when you say "turnstile" do you literally mean a single entry point through which one fan enters at a time, or do you mean the cluster of four such things all next to each other?

Because I overheard plenty of people complaining about "one turnstile" while stood in one of the two queues that served four individual entry points (17-20 - the only four entry points into that stand). 

One turnstile as in one of those things that you spin round (two technically) in but two ticket scanning points. I've no idea if that makes sense, I've never had to think about what the words are for those things before!

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Kick-off being 5 minutes early was probably at Dundee's request.  McGowan has to be home before 7pm otherwise he spends the night in the police cells.

McGowan is a Saints legend in mv eyes the lad is a talent would like to see him in a Saints shirt  . to hear saints boo him for me was hurtful. McGowan is talent & half.  Good on Dudee sticking by him St Mirren would. not have reached the league cup final with out him. 

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Well, this has all been very amicable. I assume this is a perk of keeping the Arabs down for another season.

My favourite part of today was the guys down the bottom of the stand showing their 'Still Doon' poster then Dundee fans and St Mirren fans alike in unison joining in song. 

Bizarre, hilarious and amazing at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

McGowan is a Saints legend in mv eyes the lad is a talent would like to see him in a Saints shirt  . to hear saints boo him for me was hurtful. McGowan is talent & half.  Good on Dudee sticking by him St Mirren would. not have reached the league cup final with out him. 

well said and i concur

On 7/16/2018 at 10:20, G_Man1985 said:

An away win. We shouldn't be dropping points to this lot if we want to progress further this season.

On 7/16/2018 at 21:13, KlokTheKock said:

The zebras are acting like billy big bollocks after a shootout win over killie at the weekend. 1-2 to the dees in a standard away Dundee victory

Thank you

On 7/20/2018 at 15:37, The Derry Steps said:

3-0 Dundee.  Wighton and Mendy in the first half and then sexy Sofien to complete the rout with a sumptuous panenka around about the 80th minute.  Jack Hamilton to have the cigars and deckchair out after the first ten minutes.

tenor.gif?itemid=5412476

Archived