St Mirren v Dundee @ The Simpleton Arena

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a moment in the first half that I just remembered where Hamilton about did the exact same.  He was at the edge of his box, near the corner flag and tried to chip the St Mirren player, but it just went straight up in the air and he had to battle for a header to play it away. He got lucky that time. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Was he the guy that did the pass back leading to the goal?

To be fair, he shouldn't be getting played at LB when he's a RB that has absolutely no semblance of what his left foot is. On a hiding to nothing. 

Piss poor from McCann to deploy him there. 

On the positive side of things, Madianga again looks like he could be an absolute star for us. 

We had by far the better chances and I felt we deserved to win. Same old story with us though. Thought it was quite a poor penalty from Moussa but Samson's redeeming quality is that he's good at saving them. 

Willock was the best player on the park when we beat St Johnstone and looked a star again today. The key to St Mirren staying up will be keeping him fit IMO. 

I reckon we've had a bid for Kamara hence how he was nowhere to be seen today. Expected but severely worrying as we don't look as strong as we were last season. 

Madianga and Elton have a massive task on their hands. Madianga looks the part but I fear Elton is the type that can easily go hiding. 

Mendy looks like he'll trouble defences with his awkward ambling but not so much the goalkeeper unfortunately. 

Quick point, what was the deal with kicking off 5 minutes early, only having a single turnstile open and knowing exactly how many tickets we'd sold in advance?!

Bit of a shambles that. Thankfully I was in for 20 to 3 but that seemed a bit of an amateur moves and I seen a fair few stewards getting it in the neck from fans (Unfairly) due to missing the first 5-10 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Quick point, what was the deal with kicking off 5 minutes early, only having a single turnstile open and knowing exactly how many tickets we'd sold in advance?!

Bit of a shambles that. Thankfully I was in for 20 to 3 but that seemed a bit of an amateur moves and I seen a fair few stewards getting it in the neck from fans (Unfairly) due to missing the first 5-10 minutes. 

Kicking off 5 minutes early because the flag thing didn't last as long as they thought is worthy of making 'the most tin pot thing in Scottish football' thread IMO

edit: good win today and I can see St. Mirren having another long run of many years in the top flight avoiding relegation due to there being at least one other team worse than you. And yes, before you ask, I am jealous :) 

Great start for St Mirren in the big league - congratulations lads.

We’ve known for 12 months we need a striker. I think it’s time to bet the ranch on Shankland.

And get Parish back in goal.

I think NM has to take all the blame.

Cammy has no faith whatsoever in his left foot. It'd make more sense to play literally any left footer at LB as opposed to Cammy. 
Curran had played well during pre season and McCann didn't want to drop Kerr. Shambles. 
Parish is undisputed number 1 for me. 
There were a couple of moments Hamilton nearly fucked up in the first half. A shot that squirmed out his hands and trundled just past the post and when St Mirren put the ball in the net when they were offside, merging Hamilton in the process. 

He obviously doesn’t trust/rate Ralph so Cammy is forced to play there. If you played Curran there he’d be horse too.

The goal is 100% Hamilton’s fault. He could have easily hoofed it. Of course it’s NM with his playing the ball out mantra at all costs really.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The on-line ticketing software that works with the ticket scanners on the turnstiles is not fit for purpose. Been a mess for the last couple of years and a full melt-down today. At 14:50 they let everyone outside the West Stand in due to the huge queues without having to show a ticket. Fans have been complaining about InterStadia software for some while. Time the Club ditched them.

The ref started 5 mins early due to our wee Championship winning celebration not taking as long as he thought. Poor decision considering the queues outside.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He obviously doesn’t trust/rate Ralph so Cammy is forced to play there. If you played Curran there he’d be horse too.

The goal is 100% Hamilton’s fault. He could have easily hoofed it. Of course it’s NM with his playing the ball out mantra at all costs really.

Exactly.  McCann has made it so obvious to everyone he wants the ball played out.  If you’re the attacker closing down the keeper you must know you can pretty much rule out the big punt from the keeper.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

To be honest, I don't think McCann would have encouraged our keeper to take the striker on if nothing was showing rather than punting it, no matter how much he loves playing it out from the back. 

Don't know if I can take another 37 matches like that! :bag

Dundee ran over us at times especially at the start of the second half but (its cliche time!) the lads fought for 90 minutes and for that reason they deserved their win! :happyclapper

6 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

The on-line ticketing software that works with the ticket scanners on the turnstiles is not fit for purpose. Been a mess for the last couple of years and a full melt-down today. At 14:50 they let everyone outside the West Stand in due to the huge queues without having to show a ticket. Fans have been complaining about InterStadia software for some while. Time the Club ditched them.

The ref started 5 mins early due to our wee Championship winning celebration not taking as long as he thought. Poor decision considering the queues outside.

Since we introduced the electronic cards, the machine that accepted them was like a slot where you inserted and then removed your card when the green light came on. Today, it seemed to be new machines that have replaced the ‘slot’ ones. You held your card against a small screen type thing. I entered early at 2.30, but one entire turnstile had chucked working, and there was a big queue forming. They got it sorted, but it was indeed a shambles.

Interstadia are, and I take no pleasure in saying it, completely fcuking shite. It took me five attempts to renew my ST online this season. Their online interface is a dug’s dinner, and doesn’t seem to like working with Apple iPads, iPhones, or iMacs. As a lifelong Mac user who would rather stab himself through the eyeballs than use a Windoze PC, this is a problem. Some folks on B&W Army say it works on Safari but not Firefox, or maybe the other way around. Either way, they’re shit.

I couldn’t add on the Sunderland friendly ticket to my ST card, ended up getting a mate to get me a ticket in person at the stadium... wish he hadn’t done it, would have avoided a hosing, but that’s another story.

Not read back through the thread yet, but first of all I thought that was a cracking game of football, despite the result, I actually really enjoyed it. First half I’d say St Mirren were probably the better side and I was quite glad when we got in at 1-1.

Second half we came flying out the traps and for 30 minutes we dominated completely. With the miss kick from Mindy, Moussa missing the ball by a baw hair and his horrendous penalty we should have been out of sight but in typical Dundee fashion we conceded the most Dundee goal ever to gift St Mirren the game.

I’m probably in the minority, but for me Cammy Kerr has to take a large share of the blame for the 2nd goal. There was no need for him to play the ball back to the keeper, and when he did he just stood still rather than trying to take the ball back. Felt sorry for Hamilton because although people were telling him to punt it he really didn’t have anywhere to kick it as the St Mirren boy was on him straight away. Still, a corner would have been better than a goal. Apart from that I thought he had a solid game.

Fair fucks to St Mirren, fans were in cracking voice all game and like I said, a very enjoyable game. No doubt the Dundee knicker wetters are out in force already[emoji1]

First off well done Dundee great support today met a few who gave me high five stepping off their bus very refreshing and friendly. 

Game , I thought it was heading for a draw though in the second half Dundee put us under pressure. Don't need to mention your goalie leave that to the Dundee fans but if there was going to be a winner it would come down to a mistake from ether team. Really enjoyed the game was sitting in my seat thinking thank god we are back in the top league forgot how good it can be.

Dundee will be ok this season.

St Mirren early doors but encouraging  next game grey skull would love to get a result there.

1 hour ago, xj2011 said:

Kicking off 5 minutes early because the flag thing didn't last as long as they thought is worthy of making 'the most tin pot thing in Scottish football' thread IMO

Kick-off being 5 minutes early was probably at Dundee's request.  McGowan has to be home before 7pm otherwise he spends the night in the police cells.

Archived