St Mirren v Dundee @ The Simpleton Arena

So the unbearable fuds like Lex and Captain Sensible have gone? Are the St Mirren posters on here now all a bunch of sound Brookmyres? I must apologise for earlier trolling if so.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this game now as I was working in some Ladies house today and noticed a picture of the Paisley 2021 Stadium on her wall, we got chatting and her sister runs the catering in the Stadium and she will be working this weekend and insisted I get a free yes free Pie and Bovril.......good times indeed.

Prediction 2-1 Dundee

1 minute ago, DEEJANGO said:

Really looking forward to this game now as I was working in some Ladies house today and noticed a picture of the Paisley 2021 Stadium on her wall, we got chatting and her sister runs the catering in the Stadium and she will be working this weekend and insisted I get a free yes free Pie and Bovril.......good times indeed.

Prediction 2-1 Dundee

Aye but did you pump her?

Prediction 2-1 Dundee
Hope you choke on it[emoji14]

A combination of getting older and not giving a f**k, and not putting coupons on anymore means I now know f**k all about most opposition.

Could a Dundee fan summarise their team for a lazy git like me? Who is your danger man?

I was pretty happy we got you first purely because I don't believe Neil McCann is any sort of manager. 

A combination of getting older and not giving a f**k, and not putting coupons on anymore means I now know f**k all about most opposition.
Could a Dundee fan summarise their team for a lazy git like me? Who is your danger man?
I was pretty happy we got you first purely because I don't believe Neil McCann is any sort of manager. 

Danger man might be too strong a word for anyone in this team.

Wighton always skilful but the success he has is unpredictable. Mendy up front looks like he may become a decent goalscorer but we said the same about Moussa last year. Madianga can make good powerful driving runs from midfield and Ngwatala the same but with pace and good feet over power and seems to have a rocket of a left foot.

That’s about the extent of it though.

Kamara clearly the stand out but hardly a “danger” to your defence.

6 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Nope he’s on the Black & White army under various alias accounts.

He's going under the pseudonyms Wendy Saintss and Zico over there. 

Here, I have a suspicion he might be posting as Buddist Monk, just going by his writing style.

15 minutes ago, Hendo said:

He's going under the pseudonyms Wendy Saintss and Zico over there. 

Here, I have a suspicion he might be posting as Buddist Monk, just going by his writing style.

I thought that a while back, but I don't remember Buddist Monk talking about the Duke of Cumberland on any of the ICT threads...

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I thought that a while back, but I don't remember Buddist Monk talking about the Duke of Cumberland on any of the ICT threads...

The old Duke of Cumberland patter was quite funny the first time around. To his credit the Captain was one of  the original Wind up merchants, when this site was in it’s early days. 

Assuming we don’t bring in a striker before Saturday, I’d imagine it’ll be the same team as against Dumbarton. Will be a big test for Ross Stewart, I think he has earned a chance in the team so hopefully he can handle it. Only possible change is Magennis if he is not fully fit, think Stubbs said he is at 75% at the Q&A last night. If so then Flynn should start, the diamond formation in midfield should suit him aswell, he doesn’t have the pace to play wide anymore. 

Prediction – Important we continue our excellent home form this season, especially against the other teams likely to be in the bottom 6. Think we’ll get off to a good start, 2-0 St Mirren – Smith and Stewart with the goals 8)

Anyone at the Q&A last night? Any opinions / thoughts / feedback on how it went?
The twitter reaction in general seemed to be all Stubbs, Jackson and Rice came across as honest and handled the questions well.

We had a couple of marquee signings lined up but both fell through and they signed for other teams. My guess would be Stokes was one, maybe Rooney was the other.

Eckersley are MacKenzie are both injured, said he was impressed with G Mac and McShanes attitude.

When the fixtures came out we should have been looking to win this and the Livi game because the other fixtures early on are really difficult, now a draw would be acceptable.

When the fixtures came out we should have been looking to win this and the Livi game because the other fixtures early on are really difficult, now a draw would be acceptable.

I think we need minimum 4 points from the first 5 games, 5 or 6 would be good and anything more than 6 would be a great start.

2 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Will be a big test for Ross Stewart, I think he has earned a chance in the team so hopefully he can handle it.

This! I think there is something in that lad. How long it'll take to show I don't know but I hope it's this season it does.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We had a couple of marquee signings lined up but both fell through and they signed for other teams. My guess would be Stokes was one, maybe Rooney was the other.

Jinkies, I'm not saddened to hear that at all. If Stubbs thinks Stokes is anywhere near a "marquee" signing I am somewhat disappointed.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Eckersley are MacKenzie are both injured, said he was impressed with G Mac and McShanes attitude.

Did he mention he was impressed by Eckerlsey's attitude? I only mention it because of the little twitter spat. FWIW I still think McShane and MacKenzie are worth having around even just for cover - unless it's budget blocking issue.

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

I think we need minimum 4 points from the first 5 games, 5 or 6 would be good and anything more than 6 would be a great start.

It's a tough start in many ways. Along with the team we need to be looking to compete with if not actually beat; Livi, Dundee and Hamilton all come early in the rounds, we have the gruesome twosome all wrapped up in the first 6 games.

He won’t be applauded. He’ll be pretty much ignored, then, as Goodwillie would, should we get Clyde in the cup, he’ll be subjected to taunts from the West Bank when he gets the ball. Pretty sure he’ll ignore it, but he’ll have brought it on himself. What other cnut gets one strike, two strikes, three strikes, four strikes but you’re still in to bat?
Nope doubt it. One or two wallopers will get on at Gowser but they probably got on at him when he played for us. Most of us will appreciate him for the Cup winner he was.

Letting him go was one of our major downfalls. Wish he'd never been allowed to go.

Tough one to call, really depends which St. Mirren team turn up. If it’s the one that played Spartans & Queens Park, we’ll get beat comfortably, if not then we have a chance.

We don’t have enough fire power upfront so will go with 1-1.

Archived