St Mirren v Dundee @ The Simpleton Arena

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Girth said:

Remember Dees! Craig Samson is in goal and they struggled to beat Spartans. This should be a piece of piss.

Thank you.

I agree. St Mirren are terrible and if Dundee don't win comfortably, it would be really embarrassing for them.

Right,

This is now like during the regular season, Saturday is the next game and we can forget this pre-season, cup group-stage game pish*. We usually have either a 1-1 draw or a 3 or 4 goal victory/defeat on the first game of the season, so I'm looking at 1-1.

*cup games are incredibly important if we get to the semi-final or beyond, obviously...

6 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Right,

This is now like during the regular season, Saturday is the next game and we can forget this pre-season, cup group-stage game pish*. We usually have either a 1-1 draw or a 3 or 4 goal victory/defeat on the first game of the season, so I'm looking at 1-1.

*cup games are incredibly important if we get to the semi-final or beyond, obviously...

Yep. Serious business now.

Hoping we can add a couple more players before the weekend, but we were clearly a lot better on Saturday. The 4-4-2 diamond probably suits what we have at our disposal at the moment, and I can't see that changing unless we're playing away at one of the top four, or we bring in a really good wide player or two.

I watched Dundee vs Dunfermline and didn't think they were that bad. I think Mendy looks like the sort of player who could range from the sublime to the ridiculous - possibly several times within the same match.

If we can bring in a striker by the weekend - especially if it's the one that's being rumoured - then I think we'll win this match, but we will definitely concede as well. 

2-1 with new striker, 1-1 without.

3 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Wee Gowser deserves a standing ovation before the game and then a sore one early doors from tap bin McGinn.

What are we giving him a standing ovation for? Going a whole week without attracting the attention of the Constabulary?

Archived