St Mirren v Dundee @ The Simpleton Arena

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Maybe if this thread hadn't been started five weeks before the actual game, then we might actually be able to talk about the match itself, our squads etc.

However, having said that, it would seem that my post in relation to Caulker was inappropriate. Fair enough, I'm big enough to admit an error of judgement and will remove said post.

However, maybe the poster who went off on one could look up the meaning of the proverb, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

The thread was started with less than 3 weeks to the game. The World Cup is finished and the close season is shite so might as well start looking forward to Elton Ngwatala's virtuoso performance and Jean Alassane Mendy's hat-trick just now.

What's the chances of us having to wear our mad away kit for this?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As daft as it sounds, this will be a great indicator as to where our respective sides will be battling in the league in the coming season as we've both flooded our teams with complete randoms so it'll be interesting if it's a close game or a complete demolition for one side over the other.

14 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Home to roost a reality check for Dundee fans. Bring it on :thumsup2

I've been reading the St Mirren thread m8, and it's safe to say that that's faux bravado. The majority of you boys are nervous after your performance against Spartans. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I've been reading the St Mirren thread m8, and it's safe to say that that's faux bravado. The majority of you boys are nervous after your performance against Spartans. 

That's the nickerwetters. Realty is it was a shocker no hiding from that. There were 6 changes from the Killie game we have 4 to 5 more players coming in according to Stubbs. Without putting any bait on the line Saints and Dundee have no idea what each other are like. I agree with Lido 1 it will be a good marker. 

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

That's the nickerwetters. Realty is it was a shocker no hiding from that. There were 6 changes from the Killie game we have 4 to 5 more players coming in according to Stubbs. Without putting any bait on the line Saints and Dundee have no idea what each other are like. I agree with Lido 1 it will be a good marker. 

Who's your frontline for this season?

St Mirren have an unproven top flight manager and a squad featuring championship level dross such as Paul McGinn, Stephen McGinn, Craig Samson, Danny Mullen and Cammy Smith. If we don’t win by at least three goals I’ll be disappointed.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Who's your frontline for this season?

At the moment it's Mullen and Smith though Smith is normally behind the strikers. We have a big young chap Ross can see him being loaned out. Alexander of Celtic is coming in at some point probably after early Euro ties , no idea if any of the rest who are coming in will be strikers. 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

At the moment it's Mullen and Smith though Smith is normally behind the strikers. We have a big young chap Ross can see him being loaned out.

You mean Stewart?

Alexander of Celtic is coming in at some point probably after early Euro ties , no idea if any of the rest who are coming in will be strikers. 

Who?

Archived