Vale of Leithen

Ruthrieston

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I seem to recall a certain club giving up home advantage to play some Glasgow non-entities called Celtic in the Scottish Cup years ago... perhaps their pitch wasn't playable as the game was between November and March.. ;)

Ah, Tam! ah, Tam! thou'll get thy fairin'! 
In hell they'll roast thee like a herrin'! 

14 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
19 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:
Think they played all their games there that season since Raydale was never SPL standard?

Aye they did. Fir Park was a coo field for the whole season because of it.

Gretna played Celtic at Livi because Fir Park was a mess by the end of the season. As Gretna were hanging by a thread there was a push for them to complete their fixtures before the money ran out.  

47 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Before being called off 2moro morning no doubt.

"No doubt" are you trying to insinuate something?

The pitch at present is not holding water due to the high winds.

The forecast for tomorrow is high winds and slight rain.

There is always the chance of severe weather during the night but at present it is not forecast, hopefully it will be ok in the morning.

Vale have only played 5 games in the last three months and are desperate to get games in before  playing their rivals in the bottom half of the league.

To suggest otherwise as done on other posts with regard to switching the park are ridiculous.

"No doubt" are you trying to insinuate something?
The pitch at present is not holding water due to the high winds.
The forecast for tomorrow is high winds and slight rain.
There is always the chance of severe weather during the night but at present it is not forecast, hopefully it will be ok in the morning.
Vale have only played 5 games in the last three months and are desperate to get games in before  playing their rivals in the bottom half of the league.
To suggest otherwise as done on other posts with regard to switching the park are ridiculous.

You are confident game will be on then?
I wasnt casting any accusations with regards to vale trying to get game cancelled. I just genuinely cant see the game being on with the rain thats forecast. Simple as that. Would have been on at ainslie park though.

18 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

You are confident game will be on then?
I wasnt casting any accusations with regards to vale trying to get game cancelled. I just genuinely cant see the game being on with the rain thats forecast. Simple as that. Would have been on at ainslie park though.

All I can say three club individuals checked it this afternoon and deemed it playable.

At the start of the week it was not expected to be playable due to the weather hence the possible change to Ainslie Park, it was holding a little water. 

We can only think that now, the high winds are stopping the park from holding water, and hopefully that will continue during the night.

Everyone at the Vale is desperate for the game to go ahead, as we have used our free Saturdays to accommodate our backlog of games, as you'll see from the League we have played  3 or 4 games less than some of our rivals.

• 4 months later...

Great signing for the Vale getting Jack Wright. Best of luck to the kid was one of ww s best players unfortunately fell on the astro at Ainslie early last season and was out long term. The manager doon there steadily going about his business. Good luck to them for the season ahead 

19 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Great signing for the Vale getting Jack Wright. Best of luck to the kid was one of ww s best players unfortunately fell on the astro at Ainslie early last season and was out long term. The manager doon there steadily going about his business. Good luck to them for the season ahead 

No Loyalty , never kicked a baw all season and shouldnt have came back  early from injury as was clearly FKD 

5 minutes ago, jedirules said:

No Loyalty , never kicked a baw all season and shouldnt have came back  early from injury as was clearly FKD 

No loyalty :lol: Jack has had a number of chances to leave Whitehill before and decided to stay and he's now obviously decided now is the time to move...

Is Vale the right move I don't think so but some times money talks as they were offering more than double what he got at Whitehill :blink: 

1 minute ago, Krul and The Gang said:

No loyalty :lol: Jack has had a number of chances to leave Whitehill before and decided to stay and he's now obviously decided now is the time to move...

Is Vale the right move I don't think so but some times money talks as they were offering more than double what he got at Whitehill :blink: 

Cant argue with your reply for some money is the main concern  

4 minutes ago, jedirules said:

Cant argue with your reply for some money is the main concern  

I think given the fact he was off work for a number of months and only receiving sick pay (which we all know is basically pennies), then when someone comes in offering more than double what you get at your current club after struggling for a few months financially then I guess your head can be turned.

But the wee man just loves playing and like I said had chances before his injury to leave and also when he was injured a couple clubs were still seeing what his thoughts were for the season coming. 

6 hours ago, Krul and The Gang said:

Sure enough,  he was on sweeties at WW. But no offence to Vale, I thought he would have got snapped up by a bigger club.