Caravans

Why do caravans get such bizarre names, such as Freedom, Crusader, Xplore, Pursuit, Conqueror, Challenger etc. Why can’t people be more honest and just call them Obstacle, Obstructor, Nuisance, Trundler, Delayer, Snail, Tortoise, Traffic Jammer or just BAAAASTAAARD?

1 minute ago, The Mantis said:

Why do caravans get such bizarre names, such as Freedom, Crusader, Xplore, Pursuit, Conqueror, Challenger etc. Why can’t people be more honest and just call them Obstacle, Obstructor, Nuisance, Trundler, Delayer, Snail, Tortoise, Traffic Jammer or just BAAAASTAAARD?

People who buy caravans wouldn’t buy them if they had those names.

Oh, wait, yes they would

31 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I drive at 55mph, should that 5mph really bother you that much ? 

There’s very few things more satisfying than a tailback behind you :lol: 

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Euphemism?

We 'aspire' to a caravan. Long term a motor home but medium term a smallish caravan. 

14 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Caravans seem to attract the same outrage as tractors, a lot of Jeremy Clarkson's on the road. :lol:

29 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

We 'aspire' to a caravan. Long term a motor home but medium term a smallish caravan. 

Caravans seem to attract the same outrage as tractors, a lot of Jeremy Clarkson's on the road. :lol:

Don’t see the point of a motor home, you run oot of milk and you have to uproot ffs. Leccy rolled up, chocks lifted, f**k that, or I suppose you could just leave the whole family sitting on the fold away chairs till you’re back. Anyway lorries are the real b*****ds of the road, people should pick on them 

Why would you spend years getting your house in shape, just the way you like it, and then piss about in an aluminium shell that can't carry 10% of the things that make life worth living?

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

but people who tow their caravans behind their cars are subhuman scum

I’d love to see some c**t tow their caravans in front of their cars 

11 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Don’t see the point of a motor home, you run oot of milk and you have to uproot ffs. Leccy rolled up, chocks lifted, f**k that, or I suppose you could just leave the whole family sitting on the fold away chairs till you’re back. Anyway lorries are the real b*****ds of the road, people should pick on them 

Motorhome-Towing.jpg

motorhome-escapes-mountain-bike-rack.jpg

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Good honest names like John Deere, no trying to pretend they're a spacecraft or something :lol:

Plus, they usually turn off within a couple of miles.

7 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

We're definitely more likely to have the bikes on the back than be puling a car behind when we eventually get one.

Hope you do, had some great holidays and weekends away. Going up the highlands after rewind next week, can’t wait 

Guest Moomintroll

Mods please, can PB be reinstated to dish out some well deserved telts to these anti social fuckwits.

26 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Hope you do, had some great holidays and weekends away. Going up the highlands after rewind next week, can’t wait 

If you want to spend time in a flimsy, plastic house, go to one the many places that supply them. Why do you have to fill one with your shit and trail it up and down the country behind you?

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If you want to spend time in a flimsy, plastic house, go to one the many places that supply them. Why do you have to fill one with your shit and trail it up and down the country behind you?

Because I’ve booked 5 nights at £116 in a beautiful part of the country, take in some rashers of bacon, a dozen rolls and a couple of cases of T and you’ve got a cheap holiday sarge. I’m partial to a lodge as well btw

4 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Because I’ve booked 5 nights at £116 in a beautiful part of the country, take in some rashers of bacon, a dozen rolls and a couple of cases of T and you’ve got a cheap holiday sarge. I’m partial to a lodge as well btw

See the source image

Archived