Jump to content
Hoofhearted

The Spartans 2018-19

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, marcelo said:

Spartans seemed to have lost their 3 best players in Jamie Dishington garry cenerazo and steven Mcdonald, can they no longer compete with the big boys in the lowland anymore?

It’s debatable if those 3 were there best players, certainly dish, wouldn’t say other 2. Would say they don’t seem to be attracting quality players like ek, kelty and shire have so far. Then again doubt Spartans budgets are as much as the 3 mentioned. Hard times ahead for Spartans to challenge for the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spartans could make a lot from their game against Liverpool u12s and don’t forget the millions shire owe them for offering Jamie Dishington a path away from mediocrity. Those two combined should help Spartans continue to battle for a top half place. The futures not all that bleak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fowler23 said:

It’s debatable if those 3 were there best players, certainly dish, wouldn’t say other 2. Would say they don’t seem to be attracting quality players like ek, kelty and shire have so far. Then again doubt Spartans budgets are as much as the 3 mentioned. Hard times ahead for Spartans to challenge for the league.

Well I would certainly say Garry is the most consistent and Steven was top goalscorer so make of that what you will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:01, marcelo said:

Spartans seemed to have lost their 3 best players in Jamie Dishington garry cenerazo and steven Mcdonald, can they no longer compete with the big boys in the lowland anymore?

Looks like we have lost Herd as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hoofhearted said:

I have heard he is going to Fife...
 

If you mean Kelty Hearts then I doubt it. 

Could see him move to EK or back to Shire, if he is on the move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RampantFM said:

If you mean Kelty Hearts then I doubt it. 

Could see him move to EK or back to Shire, if he is on the move. 

Maybe a SFL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 20:22, fowler23 said:

...Hard times ahead for Spartans to challenge for the league.

It's not the old EoS Premier any more. There are now probably five clubs on board with significantly higher budgets, so they may well have lost out on the dream of SPFL entry after doing so much of the legwork on getting the pyramid going. Very decent of them to groundshare with Edinburgh City under the circumstances, if they had the final say on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's not the old EoS Premier any more. There are now probably five clubs on board with significantly higher budgets, so they may well have lost out on the dream of SPFL entry after doing so much of the legwork on getting the pyramid going. Very decent of them to groundshare with Edinburgh City under the circumstances, if they had the final say on that.

That’s what I said mate, doubt if Spartans budget is anywhere near ek kelty shire. Add in Berwick and Bonnyrigg. Going to be very difficult for them to challenge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes it all the more important that we keep promoting U20 players. Last season we had 4 regulars in first team who came through the ranks. With another 5 or 6 who made appearances.
Players are being offered 3 and 4 times wages to go elsewhere so it gets harder every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:27, RampantFM said:
If you mean Kelty Hearts then I doubt it. 
Could see him move to EK or back to Shire, if he is on the move. 

I hears Cowdenbeath were in for him

Cowdenbeath thread says he was training with them, friends with Jordyn Sheerin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have indeed signed Michael Herd.  Any good? Capable of the illustrious levels of League 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

We have indeed signed Michael Herd.  Any good? Capable of the illustrious levels of League 2?

More than capable. Mainly played at right back or wingback but can also play in center midfield. 

Cowden are looking decent for this season, wishing them all the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

We have indeed signed Michael Herd.  Any good? Capable of the illustrious levels of League 2?

Fringe player at best 🙊😉🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...