The Spartans 2018-19

Hoofhearted

• 2 weeks later...
After yesterday’s disappointment I feel spartans will be lucky to make top 4, no real depth in the squad and for a team that won the league last year they seemed to have went backwards

Put it on the other Spartans thread, but the difference this season is in relation to the points they have dropped against the teams out with the top 4. They never won a game against the top four last year but only dropped two points against the rest- a draw v Edinburgh. Uni.

The rest of the league ( for the most part) are better than they were next year so have closed that gap. This makes it harder for Spartans to d what they did last year.

They are not a side who have won a big game against a top non league side for a number of years. I’m not sure but I’d guess it’s been the best part of 3 or 4 years since they defeated another of the LL or HL top sides in a competitive game.

2 hours ago, surely not! said:

Put it on the other Spartans thread, but the difference this season is in relation to the points they have dropped against the teams out with the top 4. They never won a game against the top four last year but only dropped two points against the rest- a draw v Edinburgh. Uni.

The rest of the league ( for the most part) are better than they were next year so have closed that gap. This makes it harder for Spartans to d what they did last year.

They are not a side who have won a big game against a top non league side for a number of years. I’m not sure but I’d guess it’s been the best part of 3 or 4 years since they defeated another of the LL or HL top sides in a competitive game.

They beat Shire twice in our first year in the league, when we finished second, and I'm sure they beat EK to end the winning run as well that season.

But aye, that's a spot on analysis imo, it's becoming more difficult for teams to be flat-track bullies and be able to settle for draws against the rest of the top 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...