The Spartans 2018-19

Hoofhearted

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

talking of Grim Towers- whatever happened to Grim's Spartans flag? I kind of miss it, even at City games. 

It was captured in enemy territory Tam and he’s still not paid the ransom. So I’ve heard anyway ... 

Is Sammy unsackable, I've lost all knowledge of Spartans now seeing we are light years behind but from afar it seems that they have dropped from a top tier side, only my opionion, allbiet without much knowledge...

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

I  think they are still as good as any other team in league with the exception of East Kilbride.

Been there or there abouts for year's now, the lowland league was gonna be the path for rising higher, is that still realistic 

9 hours ago, magoo said:

Is Sammy unsackable, I've lost all knowledge of Spartans now seeing we are light years behind but from afar it seems that they have dropped from a top tier side, only my opionion, allbiet without much knowledge...

They're one of the teams I mentioned on another thread who wouldn't be wanting the bigger ex juniors coming up. I think their SPFL chance may have gone which would be unfortunate given the huge efforts Mr. Graham who is a top bloke has done doon there. I could be totally off the mark and going by their latest signings they're certainly not gonnae lie doon to whoever replaces ww and Selkirk. You are right though ww are a very long way behind them now. As for Douglas I'm sure hes full time and not just on the football pitch but in some capacity doon there.Very best of luck to them.

Edited by newcastle broon

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, marcelo said:

Spartans seemed to have lost their 3 best players in Jamie Dishington garry cenerazo and steven Mcdonald, can they no longer compete with the big boys in the lowland anymore?

It’s debatable if those 3 were there best players, certainly dish, wouldn’t say other 2. Would say they don’t seem to be attracting quality players like ek, kelty and shire have so far. Then again doubt Spartans budgets are as much as the 3 mentioned. Hard times ahead for Spartans to challenge for the league.

Spartans could make a lot from their game against Liverpool u12s and don’t forget the millions shire owe them for offering Jamie Dishington a path away from mediocrity. Those two combined should help Spartans continue to battle for a top half place. The futures not all that bleak.

13 hours ago, fowler23 said:

It’s debatable if those 3 were there best players, certainly dish, wouldn’t say other 2. Would say they don’t seem to be attracting quality players like ek, kelty and shire have so far. Then again doubt Spartans budgets are as much as the 3 mentioned. Hard times ahead for Spartans to challenge for the league.

Well I would certainly say Garry is the most consistent and Steven was top goalscorer so make of that what you will

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:01, marcelo said:

Spartans seemed to have lost their 3 best players in Jamie Dishington garry cenerazo and steven Mcdonald, can they no longer compete with the big boys in the lowland anymore?

Looks like we have lost Herd as well.