• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Hoofhearted

The Spartans 2018-19

Really poor result that for Spartans, dropping 2 points at home to Edusport!    

They've not got going yet this season it seems?   Kelty or  Kilby for the title probably...

Really poor result that for Spartans, dropping 2 points at home to Edusport!    
They've not got going yet this season it seems?   Kelty or  Kilby for the title probably...
EduFrance are a decent side, much improved on the last few season and have signed some really good players.

After watching them earlier this season the draw is not surprising.

All it's showing us is that the league is becoming more competetive and EK and Barry Ferguson's Kelty will drop points.

13 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Apparently a decent bid in from Penicuik

I’m not surprised SN there will be plenty of interest. 

What's the script with Spartans...ivelost a bit knowledge about them over the years and there's very little input on here these days...as a genuine question are they closer or further away from div 2 that they were say 3 years ago....

7 hours ago, magoo said:

What's the script with Spartans...ivelost a bit knowledge about them over the years and there's very little input on here these days...as a genuine question are they closer or further away from div 2 that they were say 3 years ago....

Just being black and white about it, they won the league last season but at one game short of the midway mark of this season, they're already 7pts behind the present leaders so look highly unlikely to repeat that.

Yup.

In May 2018 they were much, much closer than they were say 3 years ago....but at the time of writing they're slightly further back BUT still a little closer than they were say 3 years ago.

I’d argue they’re much further away. Even the team that won the league last year was a lot poorer (imo) than the Spartans team of three years ago and was always going to fall short in the playoff.

Obviously winning the league brings them closer (technically) than the previous years but in terms of having the ability to beat HL champ and bottom of League 2 over four consecutive weeks, my gut feeling is that they are a lot further away.

23 minutes ago, surely not! said:

I’d argue they’re much further away. Even the team that won the league last year was a lot poorer (imo) than the Spartans team of three years ago and was always going to fall short in the playoff.

Obviously winning the league brings them closer (technically) than the previous years but in terms of having the ability to beat HL champ and bottom of League 2 over four consecutive weeks, my gut feeling is that they are a lot further away.

And it's gonnae be even more difficult in future years wi aw these hungry ambitious EOSFL teams just below the LL. 

I somehow think the league reconstruction might no be all aboot protecting the teams at the bottom of the LL that others seem to think. 

On 27/11/2018 at 17:00, surely not! said:

Apparently a decent bid in from Penicuik

Confirmed that’s where he’s gone. Good signing for Penicuik. 

16 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Confirmed that’s where he’s gone. Good signing for Penicuik. 

Really surprised spartans have let someone of his ability leave always thought he was one of their better players when I seen spartans

I'm now reading through the official Spartan's twitter feed, because the internet and hats off to whoever runs it, some of the tweets are quite funny

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm now reading through the official Spartan's twitter feed, because the internet and hats off to whoever runs it, some of the tweets are quite funny

I also often wonder who runs the internet...

just the one jobby... 

.. refs are getting bloody soft these days: when Edinburgh City played at Fernieside you had to remove multiple jobbies from that pitch before the game!

BTW was the offending article on the Crewe Toll-ey side of the pitch? 

13 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Just some of them? We do try our best.