The Spartans 2018-19

Hoofhearted

Really poor result that for Spartans, dropping 2 points at home to Edusport!    
They've not got going yet this season it seems?   Kelty or  Kilby for the title probably...
EduFrance are a decent side, much improved on the last few season and have signed some really good players.

After watching them earlier this season the draw is not surprising.

All it's showing us is that the league is becoming more competetive and EK and Barry Ferguson's Kelty will drop points.

• 5 weeks later...

What's the script with Spartans...ivelost a bit knowledge about them over the years and there's very little input on here these days...as a genuine question are they closer or further away from div 2 that they were say 3 years ago....

7 hours ago, magoo said:

What's the script with Spartans...ivelost a bit knowledge about them over the years and there's very little input on here these days...as a genuine question are they closer or further away from div 2 that they were say 3 years ago....

Just being black and white about it, they won the league last season but at one game short of the midway mark of this season, they're already 7pts behind the present leaders so look highly unlikely to repeat that.

I’d argue they’re much further away. Even the team that won the league last year was a lot poorer (imo) than the Spartans team of three years ago and was always going to fall short in the playoff.

Obviously winning the league brings them closer (technically) than the previous years but in terms of having the ability to beat HL champ and bottom of League 2 over four consecutive weeks, my gut feeling is that they are a lot further away.

23 minutes ago, surely not! said:

I’d argue they’re much further away. Even the team that won the league last year was a lot poorer (imo) than the Spartans team of three years ago and was always going to fall short in the playoff.

Obviously winning the league brings them closer (technically) than the previous years but in terms of having the ability to beat HL champ and bottom of League 2 over four consecutive weeks, my gut feeling is that they are a lot further away.

And it's gonnae be even more difficult in future years wi aw these hungry ambitious EOSFL teams just below the LL. 

I somehow think the league reconstruction might no be all aboot protecting the teams at the bottom of the LL that others seem to think. 

16 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Confirmed that’s where he’s gone. Good signing for Penicuik. 

Really surprised spartans have let someone of his ability leave always thought he was one of their better players when I seen spartans

• 3 weeks later...

just the one jobby... 

.. refs are getting bloody soft these days: when Edinburgh City played at Fernieside you had to remove multiple jobbies from that pitch before the game!

BTW was the offending article on the Crewe Toll-ey side of the pitch? 

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

You've got to wonder how it got there Herdys looking a bit guilty  :lol: 

IMG_20181223_001102.jpg

Herdy had a lot to be guilty about during the game but not that. The strange thing is that it was an hour into the game before anyone noticed it...