The Spartans 2018-19

Hoofhearted

As no one else seems to have started a thread I thought I would give it a go.

The pre-season games have finished and we are now into competitive games. A bit early for me and some of the players as well who are still on holiday.

Pre-season results

Spartans 4-1 Haddington Athletic

Spartans 5-0 Dunipace Juniors

Tranent Juniors 0-2 Spartans

New signings

Headline news is signing of Jack Smith from BSC.

Another forward signed is Steve MacDonald signed from Musselburgh Ath.

Former academy graduate Harry Girdwood returns after a spell at Falkirk.

Big Cameron Dawson returns from his loan spell at Vale.

Also Gary Cennerazzo signs on for another season.

Scott Costello signs on as goalkeeping cover

Leaving

Ross Allum has left for Shire.

Big Spaniard Guillermo Lamarca has left for the Icelandic Second division.

Defender Paul Thomson has retired with Knee problems. Paul was the only outfield player with more than  appearances not to score last season. We had over 20 different goal scorers last season.

GK Andrew Stobie has left as well.

The rest of the squad remains intact despite overtures from some Junior and former junior teams for some players. So we will run with about 20 players. We will need a bigger squad especially with all the extra cup games at the start of the season.

Edited by Hoofhearted

18 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Doubt you'll get the credit you deserve tonight since it's "only" the League Cup, but that's a phenomenal result especially away from home. 

Having been 2-0 up I'd be gutted :lol: 

Probably the best result in their history tonight premiership opposition and all that.

Great result and  advert for the LL.

Edited by newcastle broon

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Doubt you'll get the credit you deserve tonight since it's "only" the League Cup, but that's a phenomenal result especially away from home. 

Great result for them Marshy. Their loyal band of 17 supporters will be disappointed to have lost a 2-0 Leed (s) :D  ... but still a brilliant point. 

9 minutes ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

It’s going to be tight again this season.
It’s an absolute farce though that the bottom club in the Scottish league get another bite at the cherry to stay up!!
Whoever wins the playoff between LL and HL should automatically go up!!

We all agree but the teams that vote wont vote for that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sadly 

In my opinion last place should always be automatic relegation:)

I have been to a couple of Spartans games at Ainslie Park already this season and things look on course for another good year.

I thought Girdwood and Dawson looked good during the Dunipace game, and surprised they've not had mor game time during the betfred cup games.

As a City fan I'm interested to hear about where Stobie has gone, and Ross Allum as well?

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Not that anybody cares about Spartans but nice to see the double standards about the late night kick offs.

Its moved from the Friday to the Saturday night because of them playing Killie on Tuesday I was told. A one off situation.