The Final - BBC or ITV

Sooky

TV choice  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

For the avoidance of doubt. McCoist is a cùnt,

Champion & McCoist were a breath of fresh air in this World Cup. Positive, interesting commentary, actually sounding like they wanted to be there. Funny how even basic analysis can be improved just by the guys actually sounding like they’re enjoying it.

As for being a c**t, I’m not really arsed about if he is. So is Chris Sutton and he’s one of the better media figures in football right now as well.

5 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

I'm going to start on BBC and everyone a commentator mentions England, going home or an English team I'll change channel.

How many channel changes did you do???

17 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Champion & McCoist were a breath of fresh air in this World Cup. Positive, interesting commentary, actually sounding like they wanted to be there. Funny how even basic analysis can be improved just by the guys actually sounding like they’re enjoying it.

As for being a c**t, I’m not really arsed about if he is. So is Chris Sutton and he’s one of the better media figures in football right now as well.

No he isn't. On the limited experience I have of him he just says what he thinks will generate comments  or phone calls from people mug enough to take him seriously.

McCoist is not acting the cùnt, he is one, and some jokey banter about Russian history won't change that.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No he isn't. On the limited experience I have of him he just says what he thinks will generate comments  or phone calls from people mug enough to take him seriously.

McCoist is not acting the cùnt, he is one, and some jokey banter about Russian history won't change that.

Did McCoist shag your wife?

He’s been by far the most enjoyable person to listen to throughout the tournament.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's an element of the deliberate WUM about Chris Sutton, of course. But he calls most things the way they are, imo, and is one of the few people in the media to actively talk up the game in this country.

Not sure exactly what your beef is with McCoist. To me, he seems like a pretty harmless guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. Obviously he's a big Rangers man, but he's hardly one of the Bomber Brown-type vile bigots you get associated to that club. Maybe you have your reasons, or maybe you're just being contrarian, but either way, I've enjoyed Ally McCoist's contribution to this World Cup.

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Did McCoist shag your wife?

He’s been by far the most enjoyable person to listen to throughout the tournament.

I don't know, it's a long time since I seen her.

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

There's an element of the deliberate WUM about Chris Sutton, of course. But he calls most things the way they are, imo, and is one of the few people in the media to actively talk up the game in this country.

Not sure exactly what your beef is with McCoist. To me, he seems like a pretty harmless guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. Obviously he's a big Rangers man, but he's hardly one of the Bomber Brown-type vile bigots you get associated to that club. Maybe you have your reasons, or maybe you're just being contrarian, but either way, I've enjoyed Ally McCoist's contribution to this World Cup.

The reason is simple. His part in the pressure he helped create to stop Rangers being liquidated and the their "return". His behaviour was far more insidious than Brown's bombastic stupidity. 

He is a snake of the lowest order.

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
13 hours ago, doulikefish said:
How many channel changes did you do???

His remote probably broke 20 minutes in.

Didn't think the BBC was particularly bad for this the whole tournament.  ITV was a bit heavier on the England coverage, but at the end of the day they were serving as regional broadcasters as well as national ones.  

13 hours ago, Nightmare said:

McCoist provided easily the best co-commentary, and him and Champion provided the best duo in the tournament.

On Sutton, I usually hate the guy, finding him little more than a desperate troll who'd be far more at home on something like TalkSport tag-teaming with Adrian "I really am quite a c**t" Durham.  However, his commentary on Five Live of Germany going out was absolutely brilliant.  He sounded like he didn't know what to say, just shrieking in disbelief at Neuer, and at everything happening around him.  It was pure pantomime, and there should be more of that, and less dour, uninspiring pundits surrounded by jokey lads lads lads banter from aging tools.

I ended up watching the final on BBC as I was out for a few beers and the pubs always favour the beeb..

Overall I've preferred the ITV coverage, Keane,Bilic, Neville and Dixon have been excellent and even fat Sally has been probably the best co commentator this tournament, makes me hope ITV get some more football as after many years of pish they seem to be getting the right balance.

Archived